Irulia: The Spirit Changers Quest

• Thread starter DeletedUser31931
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted User - 819397

Mandan was shook out of his irritation with the others when someone plowed into him, nearly knocking him over. He turned, even more irate than before, only to see that it was Sera who was backing away from him, looking about to cry as she stammered an apology. He took a single deep breath, and the flash of negative emotion faded. He made a placating gesture, not really wanting to speak at the moment. He wanted his first words with the group to be when they were truly necessary, as they'd likely carry more power then. He looked Sera in the eyes, sending a clear message that he bore her no ill will for the incident. He'd learned to be good at sending these nonverbal signals, as they were the only option not involving some kind of wordplay. He simply hoped that the girl understood the message, else he'd be forced to resort to words.

DeletedUser28032

Seraphim nervously stood before Mandan fully expecting him to start screaming and shouting at her at any moment, however as the seconds drew out it became clear that he intended to do no such thing although the complete lack of verbal communication on his part didn't exactly fill her with confidence, Leaving her unsure as to whether all was forgiven or if he was merely going to bide his time and come upon with a more satisfying and crueller revenge to bestow upon her.
"I am sorry I'll just go and sit over here" Seraphim mumbles quietly in response offering him a brief and tentative smile before quickly retreating away from him and the rest of the group to sit by herself.
Sitting with her legs folded up beneath her and her back resting against a large piece of rock she gently holds one of her wind fire wheels in her hands watching the light play on its gleaming surface as she tilted it this way and that leaving the others to decide her fate deciding that she would do whatever they told her to do. She didn't want any trouble especially with Rilinea and Mandan, after all Rilinea hated her, and Mandan...well she didn't really know where she stood with Mandan so perhaps it would be better to be safe than sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35174

Everything happened so quickly, one minute he was going through a hole and then there's an explosion behind him. The blast punched him forward, resulting in his head hitting off a nearby rock. The pain flared in him and caused him to see stars but luckily he didnt let out a yelp or an "ow" to embarrass himself. After a few moments he looked around him and noticed Sera sitting in the corner against a tree, why? he didn't know and at this moment he didn't really care.

He looked ahead towards the horizon and noticed Fort Gildhem, he supposed that was where they were heading. Reibald he heard someone say earlier but the name didnt ring a bell. He turned around swiftly and saw the hole blocked by rocks. He looked at the group everyone was there and safe. He released a grateful sigh but noticed the man who saved them wasnt there. "oh no " he thought he must have died with the blast. The man died himself to save him and Arthur never got a chance to thank him or ask his name.

"You guys can decide on whatever you want I need time alone" Arthur told the group and like that he transformed into his eagle form. Bright gold feathers covered him and his piercing grey eyes stood out. He took off high up and beat his wings he always enjoyed flying, "there was peace in it" he thought. Everything looked so peaceful from up here. To the east he saw heldon forest, his hometown. He often thought about abandoning his post and returning but didn't because he couldnt bear the shame.

DeletedUser31931

(OOC: At long last I've found some time to do this.)

Arthur
His flight completed he landed back down.

Leo
They were all there and all ready. Rilinea had suggested that they get down and head to Gildhem Fortress. "I agree with Rilinea, let's go to Gildhem." Leo lead the way and everyone else followed. They were about halfway down when the barrier appeared.

Reibald
The mage swore as he stood up. He had teleported himself out of the range of the collapsed caves but that would be the final teleport he could use that day. "You there." he snapped at one of the assistants "How long until we make it out of the cave. The teleport used up too much of my energy for me to do it again today." The assistant replied, obviously nervously "Sir, the blast brought down too much of the cave, it'll be a week or so before we reconnect with that entrance."
"Oh a week? Well how about for every day that you haven't gotten out, you loose a finger the first day, then your hand the second day and so on. Am I quite clear?"
"Ye ye yes sir." the assistant stuttered before he scurried off.
Reibald marched through the remaining caverns until he found the central cavern. "If we can't catch those kids, we'll make sure that they can't get help." He said, "Raise the shields!"
There was a big crystal at the centre of the room. All the mages around it began chanting getting louder and louder and the crystal glowed black. Suddenly around the two fortress giant black barriers raised. In the coming weeks they would try magic, trebuchets, anything they could get their hands on but nothing could damage the barrier.

Leo
He watched as the barrier came up. "Guys, what's that?" Leo said as he pointed. "I don't think we're going to get past it."

DeletedUser35174

Leo's words brought Arthur out of his thoughts. Leo was pointing at some sort of dome that surrounded them. Arthur was about to transform again but he noticed that he wouldn't be able to since there was no way out. "well we obviously can't go over it or through it, our only option is to go under it. So have we got any diggers" Arthur said loud enough for everyone to hear him.

DeletedUser28032

Sat wallowing within her own misery Seraphim paid little attention to the conversations going on around her or the sudden departure and arrival of Arthur as he transformed. It was only the sudden and inexplicable appearance of the shimmering black dome over where Gildhem Fortress had been but a few moments ago that snapped her back into the here and now.
With their plans to travel to the fortress in search of help thwarted Seraphim was very quick to shoot down Arthurs suggested plan of trying to tunnel underneath the shimmering dome "NO!...I...I mean its probably no use trying to....to...tunnel, we don't know how far underground it extends" the idea of spending the best part of a day travelling to the dome and then spending even more time and energy trying to dig beneath it just seemed pointless to her; that and her own mortal fear of the dark found the idea of using a tunnel for the second time in so many hours to be completely unacceptable "Perhaps we...we should try one of the cities? I...I think Rakasi is fairly close by" Sera's geography was sketchy at best having spent her entire life within the citadel but she was pretty sure that by going to Rakasi they wouldn't have to cross the marsh.
Realising that she had probably said more than she should have done and that her opinion was probably not wanted anyway Sera goes back to studying the surface of the wind fire wheel murmuring quietly as she did so "I...I'll let you guys decide...its probably a silly idea anyway most of mine are"

Deleted User - 819397

Mandan remained impassive as the dome appeared above them, only a slight change in his eyes showing his trepidation. He shook his head scornfully as Arthur raised his suggestion about digging under. Sera was correct; they didn't know if it was only surface deep, or if it formed a massive sphere around them. He flashed a look of alarm at the girl though when she suggested going to Rakasi. He wanted nothing to do with the smallest city in Irulia. His parents were likely still there, and if he encountered them...he wasn't sure what he'd do. They'd given him up...despite the fact he enjoyed the abilities he'd learned to control, he would never forgive them for that base betrayal. Never.

Not wanting to get involved in yet another discussion, he turned away and looked for somewhere to sit. The only relatively comfortable-looking spot was by Sera, so he headed over there and slowly sat next to her. He remained silent, looking out at the mountains, thoughts dark as he contemplated his parents.

DeletedUser31931

(Apel's Character)

Name: Lectanus (Lecta for short)

Description: Height of about 5"10, with short, gold-coloured hair and a slender build. Lectanus has jade coloured eyes. He wears outdoorsy clothing, reminiscent of his home village.

Home City: A village near Lake Irulia

Element: Sea

Weapons: A short, curved sword and an arming sword.

Power: Ability to create a wall of water for 10 seconds. The water will fade into nothingness after the 10 seconds are over.

Animals: Pelican, Frog, Otter and Hippo.

Biography: Lectanus gets along well with people he meets. He is quite friendly and easy to get along with. In his time at the academy, he often found that he needed to get away and have some peace though. He loves to spend time outside, next to the river. He excels in the field of healing, and is also very athletic and agile, helping him in martial arts. He learned from his instructors that he gets many of these traits from his mother. He isn't very academic, so can act slightly dumb at the simplest situations that don't involve healing or nature. His instructors had tried to encourage him to further his learning in academics, but he much preferred to spend time outside developing his ability to produce a wall of water and furthering his skills with his water animals.

Lectanus

Today had not been a good day, after the disruption at the ceremony things had proceed as was necessary, but the mages had hurried off worriedly at the leaving the other adventurers to make their own way off. Lectanus' group had made it about one kilometre outside of the Fortress of Gildhem. when they had come under attack. They had been split up and set off at a run. Lectanus couldn't see where he was going any more, he was just crashing through the forest, not even looking back to see if he was still being chased, they had appeared to be giant dark glowing monsters, looking like lions. He burst across a group and stumbled to a halt, out of breath he panted "Is there anything following me?"

DeletedUser28032

Shifting her position as Mandan came to join her, feeling ever slightly uncomfortable in his presence Sera looks out across the countryside realising that this was the furthest she had ever been from the citadel and that she was on an adventure like out of a book though she'd always thought that she'd have been excited about such a thing happening as opposed to the low level terror she was currently feeling that’s because you were going to be with Jeyne and Arya, not a group of strangers where two of which hate you. She didn't have long to dwell on this little fact when the sound of something or someone crashing through the undergrowth brought her springing to her feet with her free hand grabbing one of her throwing discs and holding it ready to throw at whatever appeared.
However instead of some mythical beast; all fangs and claws what she saw stumbling from out of the trees before her was a boy around about her age, another student in fact babbling about something chasing him "You were being chased....what by?" she asks as her eyes beginning searching for whatever it was he believe to be pursuing him.

Deleted User - 819397

At the first sound of someone approaching, Mandan rolled forward, coming up on all fours as the panther. He bounded into a nearby shadow, then peered in the direction of the disturbance, eyes gleaming viciously. When it was revealed to be a person, asking if there was something following him, the panther slunk in the direction the boy had come from, smelling and listening for anything. He couldn't detect anything, and so returned to the group, returning to the spot he'd been at before the disturbance, albeit standing, human once more. He gazed at the newcomer, analyzing the boy. From his appearance, he seemed to be their age, and as such was likely to be another Spirit Changer in training. All this could mean was more talking, something Sera started by asking him what he thought was chasing him. Resigning himself to the inevitable, he leaned up against a nearby tree, wanting nothing more than to actually start doing something, rather than discuss endlessly.

Apelatia

"I... I don't know!" Lecta looked searchingly into the girl's eyes, trying to find some sort of relief from them. "They came upon us as fast as cheetahs! Glowing monsters... That's all I saw before I ran. It was all I could do. We stood no chance against those 'things.' I don't know what happened to the others..." Composing himself, he looked around at the group, who were all staring at him. Some of them looked at him with concern, while a few of the others seemed disgusted by his presence. The one with purple eyes looked especially annoyed. Then, it clicked. "You're the group that got taken by the evil voice, aren't you?" He directed the question at the pretty girl who had addressed him in the first place.

Last edited:

DeletedUser28032

Sera's eyes continued to rove across the countryside for any sign of the glowing monsters only half listening to what the boy was saying as she did so. However upon hearing his statement that they were the missing group her attention instantly springs back upon the boy as she speaks excitedly at the prospect of being saved "Yes we're the ones who were taken, are you with a search party? Did the masters send you?" though it didn't take long for her to realise what the answer to her questions were going to be. Her heart dropping with the disappointment of there being no immanent rescue Sera returns both the throwing disc and wind fire wheel to her sash before speaking to the group "We can't stay here" her voice sounding flat and gloomy as she began to walk down the mountainside having seemingly picked a direction at random "If we stay then worse case; his monsters or...the others will find us" she said unable to bring herself to say the word Demon Changer and admit their existence just yet despite what she had just seen "...Best case we either starve or freeze up here, either way I am going" where she didn't know and with her sense of direction and hazy geographical knowledge it probably didn't matter as she was bound to get lost anyway. She just hoped she found somewhere before it got dark...alone in the dark with monsters and evil men roaming the countryside, now there was a prospect not worth dwelling on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Apelatia

Lecta looked after the girl as she walked down the hill. He could see something in her eyes. She looked lonely to him, and that made him feel sad. Maybe he might be able to help her out there... Looking up at the group clustered around, he asked. "Will you folks have me as a member of your group? I have nowhere else to go, and leaving me alone wouldn't help either party." If they don't accept me, I will have nowhere else to go... Only starve and die somewhere in the darkness.

DeletedUser35174

Arthur's bow was out with an arrow ready to shoot when he heard the footsteps running towards them. Adrenaline was pumping through him his instincts told him to fire but he held his bow aimed at the clearing. To his surprise and relief a boy ran out panic flushing in his face. Arthur put his bow down but quickly armed it again when the boy mentioned things following him. He held his shot for a few moments then when realizing whatever or whoever was chasing him must be long gone he put the bow away. He turned his head and watched as Mandan made his way to a tree avoiding the conversation between the kid and Sera. Arthur chuckled and made a mental note to get Mandan to talk more often.
Arthur saw Sera walking down a random path to shelter or whatever it is she was after. "Will you folks have me as a member of your group? I have nowhere else to go, and leaving me alone wouldn't help either party." said the kid. Arthur turned his head and looked straight into the kid's eyes. "sure why not" he replied and made his way in the direction Sera walked in. He half turned "well come on then the girl's got a point" he said to the kid and the others. Half jogging half walking he caught up with Sera. "that speech.... brilliant" he complinted her with a warm smile.

DeletedUser13682

Seamus was tapping the barrier with a stray gear. Of course, the thing had popped up right before they group made their escape. If Seamus had been about a half second faster, he would have been cut in half by the thing (maybe). A second faster, and he would have made it out of the barrier, and able to send for help. As it was, he was stuck in this bubble that probably did extend in a sphere (or spheroid) around them. Seamus remembered an experiment that had been performed at a traveling lecture. A man put a candle in a jar. The candle was quickly extinguished. The explanation was it burned up all the firmament. Could that happen to them (had Seamus been born in the future, running out of oxygen would be the issue. If he had been a physicist, general worries of thermodynamics and entropy would be his main concern)?

As Seamus was thinking this, a boy ran into them. He didn't know where the youth came from (Seamus thought that he was actually their age, and looked somewhat familiar, but couldn't place him), but if he came from outside the barrier, there was still hope. Arthur and Sera were talking with the boy, who had been chased by monsters, and was there when they were taken. "You're one of the fellows at the academy, right? I'm Seamus, resident tinkerer. How'd you get through the barrier?" After a moment of thought, Seamus remembered something else. "Oh Sera, did I forget to heal your hand? Here, I think we can use our abilities now."

Deleted User - 819397

Finally people were actually doing something rather than sit around and talk. Mandan was just surprised Sera had been the one to instigate it. It seemed she was more outspoken than she seemed to give herself credit for. He walked behind the others, wanting no part in the casual conversation. Was all they could do talk? Even while walking they kept blabbing to each other. It was unbelievable, really. He couldn't understand how they had the energy to do anything else. However, they were at least moving, so he couldn't complain.

Apelatia

Lecta walked after the others, thinking to himself... I was such a coward! I left my group to be killed by those monsters, and all I did was run away. Such a fool! Lecta pondered his cowardliness for a moment... I'll make up for it soon. The group didn't seem to mind having him along, since they made no objections to him joining. Well, at least they have more sense than to leave me for nothing. He looked up, trying to gauge which direction they were travelling in. The pretty girl seemed to be taking them in a random direction. He decided to start getting to know the group a bit better. So, cautiously walking up beside the boy with the healing powers he asks. "I hope you don't mind me joining you... My name is Lectanus, but I much prefer Lecta. What's your name?"

DeletedUser28032

"Speech?" Sera said in baffled surprise as Arthur moved to walk beside her, she hadn't intended her words to be stirring, or motivational, or any of those other things that her lecturers had spoken of when instructing them in the art of public speaking. All she'd done was say the truth and then try to leave; it wasn’t her fault that the others had followed her.
"No that’s ok it doesn't hurt any more but thank you all the same "she said offering Seamus a smile as he offered to heal the self inflicted wound she'd sustained back in the caves. Her palm was still a dull, angry red though thankfully the burning sensation had away faded some time ago.
It was after walking down the side of the mountain and into the trees from which the boy had emerged that she suddenly realised that the others weren't walking with her but rather following her something she found kind of worrying since she had no idea where she was headed and hadn't really cared when it was just herself as she'd only wanted to get away from the mountain and the people hiding within it. Now however people were looking to her for direction which was something she didn't have "err ...do either of you guys know which way I am headed"? She asked Arthur and Seamus, keeping her voice low so as not to reveal her complete lack of knowledge to the others; especially Rilinea and Mandan whom she suspected wouldn't be best pleased with her and apt to tell her so.

DeletedUser31931

Leo had stepped back as the proceedings had gone on and had just watched for a bit. Suddenly though he let out a cry of pain and fell to the floor, his hands clutching his head. "Go to Plains of Enylia.... There you will find me...." the pain ceased and Leo rolled upright again. "Guys," he said, "I just heard a voice in my head, I think it was the Ultimate one, he told me to go to the plains of Enylia, we aren't allowed to buy supplies, I mean money is forbidden for the quest, so if we head through Heldon Forest we can get to the plains easily whilst gathering food in Heldon Forest. as for getting across the marshes we have three options. The closest path if I have my geography right is a small, single file route which is due east of here, then slightly more to the south of that is raised grass path which is slightly safer or about half a day further south will be the road. Which do you guys want to take? I say we choose one and get going, I'm opting for the raised one."

Deleted User - 819397

Just when they were starting to get somewhere, Leo collapsed, then tried to explain it away by saying he thought he knew where the Ultimate One was. Why the kid always had to make things about him, Mandan didn't know. However, he did know that this new development meant they'd be stopping to talk about it again. He seriously considered speaking up for the first time since they'd all been together, but ultimately decided he didn't want his first words to the group to be insulting...that would just cast him in a negative light, particularly when he'd never spoken before. Instead, he resigned himself to the inevitable, leaning up against a nearby tree, listening to the conversations around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.