Irulia: The Spirit Changers Quest

• Thread starter DeletedUser31931
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser28032

"Oh no its really nothing, Its all my fault really" Sera spoke as the Islander came over in order to look at her hand and literally falling over himself as he tried to heal it a shocked gasp escaping her throat as he seemed to black out right in front of her though from the way that he got straight back up again nothing serious had happened to him.
As Seamus turned his attention away from her in order to introduce himself to the others Sera waited a few moments before shyly making her own introduction "my names Seraphim though some people call me Sera for short" among other less pleasant names a few of which she found rather hurtful causing her to wonder what she had done wrong.
As the others begin to talk with one another she momentarily considers moving over to sit with Mandan as he was the only person other than Rilinea that she knew within their little group. However she quickly decides against doing so as she realises that he wouldn't appreciate having a silly girl who was still afraid of the dark sat next to him, instead deciding to keep quiet and stay where she was for the time being.

DeletedUser13682

The fellow did have a point. It was against the wall, so why would it be enchanted? That meant it was applied to specific places, maybe put on like a fountain. Maybe they missed other spots? Also, it could be that it was enchanted, but since no skin was touching it, it didn’t affect the body. Before Seamus could introduce his plan, Arthur said he was pleased to make acquaintances. Then he asked if they could break through in any way. “Not sure, but I have a few things in here.” Seamus took off his coat, and dropped it, which hit the ground with a satisfying clunk. “A few random parts; never know when they’ll come in handy.”

The injured girl spoke up, mentioning how her wound was nothing and that it was her fault. “It’s still a thing that can be healed. I hurt myself all the time. My machines have about as much blood as brass.” Seamus chuckled at that as Sera introduced herself. “Sera, that sounds like a name from my home. Where do you come from?”

DeletedUser31931

Before Sera could reply there were sounds of footsteps approaching. A hooded man came up to the cell and glanced around furtively before stooping to insert a key and open the cell door. He poked his head inside and said "I'm a spy for the high-mage, there's no time to loose, we haven't got long until the guards sweep this area but I've got to get you out of here, I'll explain everything later."
Leo watched as the man spoke, he seemed truthful. He spoke up and said "I don't see what we have to loose at the moment, I say we go with him. What do you guys think?"

DeletedUser35174

Arthur took one glance at the hooded figure and instantly knew not to trust him, "how do we know we can trust him, you heard the goon earlier No matter how long it takes you will join us. how do we know hes not leading us to some trap" Arthur said eyeing the figure carefully with clenched fists."
"I'm not going anywhere with you unarmed" Arthur demanded

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31931

The man gestured to the far wall and said "Your weapons are there, please you have to trust me, we have to go now." He seemed frantic and impatient, he was seriously worried, although it seemed that his worry was truly for being caught.

DeletedUser

Rilinea watched as a hooded man moved over to them, and opened the cage door.
"I'm a spy for the high-mage, there's no time to loose, we haven't got long until the guards sweep this area but I've got to get you out of here, I'll explain everything later."
Leo stated that they should go with him, at which point Arthur objected, saying that he wouldn't go anywhere with the hooded man if he was unarmed.
The man pointed to their weapons on the far side of the cave. He seemed honest enough, Rilinea thought. Probably telling the truth. The dilemma was, would it be so good to escape?
If she did escape, then she'd be back to working for those self-righteous Spirit Changers, if she didn't try to escape, then she'd get a shot at power in the Demon Changers...however, if she tried to escape, but failed, then she'd still be initiated into the Demon Changers, and they might recognise the fact that she'd had the ability to attempt an escape in the first place.
Win-win.
"We can't afford to stand here arguing." She said sternly as she moved over to the cage door. She nodded to the hooded man, before stepping outside. "On the other hand, we can't afford to trust anyone. Sorry." She said before delivering a right hook to the man's head.
Not stopping she turned and moved over to the weapons cache. She picked up her own items and quickly strapped them to her body, before looking back to see if the others were coming.

DeletedUser28032

It was just as she was about to answer Seamus' question that a hooded figure appeared from out of the darkness, fearing that he had come to drag one them, her in fact, to whatever horrific fate they had store for them Seraphim shrinks back into the corner wishing she was able to shift within the cage so that she could become a mouse or even a wolf.
However no sooner had he begun speaking with the same boy as last time that it became clear that he wasn't here to hurt them but to save them, opening the cell door with a rattling of keys and pointing out where their weapons were as he did so.
Eager to leave this terrifying place Seraphim jumps to her feet and dashes over to the door arriving mere seconds after Rilinea. Pausing over the prone form of the man the other girl had just knocked out, something that she herself would never have managed, she wonders whether or not she should help him. However her fear quickly wins out as she carefully steps over him and dashes over to where the weapons lay taking a few moments to reattached them to the sash about her waist before looking over at Rilinea "Which way should we go?" she asks eying the multiple tunnels lurking within the darkness and thinking that perhaps knocking out their guide was perhaps a little premature.

DeletedUser35174

"nice move" Arthur complimented Rilinea after she knocked out the hooded figure. Arthur ran to where the weapons were stashed and equipped his bow, knives and quiver. Although Arthur didn't trust the hooded figure he picked him up and slung him over his shoulder.

He looked at the others "we cant just leave him here, if he is a spy we ought to help him and if he was trying to set us up" Arthur cracked his knuckles"well you get what i mean".
Like that he stood beside Sera and Rilinea, "That one" Arthur pointed to the second tunnel.

DeletedUser31931

Leo watched silently as the scene played out. He nearly protested at Rilinea but didn't, deciding against it. He grabbed his weapons and made ready, just when the man stirred.
He rolled out of Arthur's arm and onto the floor, picking himself up he rubbed his head and said "I wouldn't do that if I were you." to Rilinea. "Come on, this way!" And he headed down a tunnel in the complete opposite direction to the way Arthur was pointing.
"Come on guys!" Leo said and started to follow him, "I can see light this way."

DeletedUser35174

The man rolled out of Arthur's reach just as Arthur picked him up. Following instinct he drew out his knife ready to slice but the man made no attempt to attack anyone. Instead he pointed out the tunnel in which they should follow. Leo followed him, having no choice Arthur followed the man but had both his knives armed just in case he tried anything.
"Whatever you say chief" Arthur muttered.

Deleted User - 819397

Once the others had left the cage, Mandan slipped over to the weapons and grabbed his knife and short sword. He maintained his silence as Arthur and the other girl in the group attempted to take control, rolling his eyes as their rescuer correctly admonished them. The others made to move off down a tunnel, and Mandan started to follow, then realized that there'd likely be a fight. He preferred stealth to open combat, so he transformed into his panther guise. Jet black, the cat blended in well to the dark cave. While most panthers had yellow eyes, Mandan's identity was given away by his piercing violet eyes, luminous in the dark like most cats' eyes were. Throughout his forms, the purple eyes were the single telltale sign it was the silent boy. He slinked behind the group, listening and smelling for trouble.

DeletedUser

The others quickly followed Rilinea out of the cage, grabbing their own weapons, Seraphim pointed at the multiple tunnels, questioning as to which one they should follow. Arthur selected one, at which point the hooded man stirred, rolling out of Arthur's grip onto the floor.
"I wouldn't do that if I were you." Said the hooded man to her. Rilinea scowled.
"Come on, this way!" He said before moving down the tunnel, contrary to the one Arthur had picked.
"Come on guys! I can see light this way."
The others followed the hooded man, looking behind Rilinea noted that the hooded boy had transformed into a panther. She would have transformed as well but none of her animals were suited to fast movement, they were more towards stealth and assassination.
She drew an arrow and notched it to her bow, before setting off at a jog behind the others.

DeletedUser28032

Despite the prospect of their imminent escape Seraphim was still extremely nervous about her surroundings and what might be lurking within the almost tangible darkness. Slipping one the throwing discs from its case she positions herself between Seamus and Arthur as they move down the corridor instinctively finding the two inches of dull steel that was almost indistinguishable to the rest of discs edge which was razor sharp and more than capable of removing a carelessly placed finger.
With her every footstep seeming to echo within the tunnels she follows the others up until the moment that she heard the barest of noises coming from behind them.
Spinning around her eyes lock onto those of the great black cat lurking within the darkness looking like the very stuff of nightmares to the already frightened girl. With her breath catching in her throat and her heart hammering away in her chest she draws back her arms ready to hurl the disc at the beast and only stops short upon spotting the eyes between which she had intended to aim.
It wasn't so much the colour, which granted was not that of your typical cat but more the intelligence that seemed to lurk behind them "Sorry" she mouthed feeling embarrassed that her fear had gotten the better of her once again before turning to catch up with the others holding the disc down by her side once again ready should an actually threat present itself from out of the darkness.

DeletedUser13682

A way out! A spy from the high mage had come to rescue them, and anybody from the high mage was a good guy, in Seamus's book. As he got up, he saw the other female captive throw a right hook at the spy, knocking him out. "Why'd ya do that lassie? He was helping us out! It's bad form to knock out the person who's trying to help you. By Finn's beard, what were you thinking?" Of course, Seamus's words fell on deaf ears; everyone was too busy trying to escape. And the spy was able to get up a moment later, and he seemed fine from his ordeal.

Before Seamus got out, he grabbed his pipe and jacket. The pipe he would never leave behind, and the jacket, well, something with that many pockets was useful for carrying things, so why leave it behind? Seamus then headed to grab his weapons and gear that had been taken from him. Upon arriving to his gear, Seamus checked his shillelagh to make sure it was still alright. After confiming that it was, he ran after the rest of the group, which was a bit ahead of him now.

DeletedUser35174

Arthur followed the hooded figure even though his guts told him not to. Arthur looked around to make sure everyone was there, but he heard a low growl come from behind them and instantly he turned around and was about to charge at the panther but noticed its eyes, it was Mandan. "smart guy" Arthur thought and chuckled. He nodded towards Mandan . Arthur dropped back a little behind the group, "come on, mate" he said towards seamus and jogged alongside him.

DeletedUser31931

The ran down the passage, urged on by the figure, finally they came to a rock wall, there was a small hole in it, enough for one person, crouching to fit through. "Come on!" the man urged, "Get through there."
Leo arrived on the man's tail, not at all out of breath. "You sure we haven't been followed?" he asked the man.
"No clue, but now's not the time to hang around and find out." was the reply. Everyone got in and went through the wall, it was just Leo and the man left. Then things went wrong. "Trying to escape are we?" came a cackling voice out of the dark. The first thing Leo saw was the red eyes. Then the man came out of the shadows. His hood was down and his face was a sight, none of the others could see it, but it was a sight that would haunt Leo for the rest of his waking days. His eyes were crimson red, like blood, but it was the cracks, the cracks ran down his face, his face was split up, cracked in lines of blood all over his face, it was a monstrous sight. "Leo go." the man said, Leo didn't wait for him to say it again, he ducked into the hole and began to go through. The man drew a sword and said "You'll never succeed Reibald, we will stop you."
"No, you will die." came the reply from Reibald. Suddenly shadows flew forward out of Reibald and into the man, he screamed and contorted and twisted. "Stop.....you......" The man gasped before absorbing the demons.
"What are you doing?" Reibald asked, inquisitive, "You can't even begin to hope to stop me."
"No, but I can hinder you." came the reply as shadows began swirling around the man, pulsing faster and faster gaining energy, and then he exploded. The shadows slammed into his body and he exploded into energy, smashing through the rock, bringing it down and sealing the cave for now, with all of the people safely on the other side.
Leo had just come out of the hole when the explosion happened. The hole collapsed behind him. "Ok guys." he said "First thing's first, we can't have gone far." He glanced around at the mountainous surroundings "So by the looks of things, I'd say we're on the Eastern side of the Blackened Wall Mountains. That must be Gildhem Fortress to the north and Holsteath Wetlands to the East. I suggest we set out, I get the feeling we should get to the base of the Mountain before we make anymore plans, what do people think?"

DeletedUser

Rilinea climbed through the hole after the others. Turning, she watched as their rescuer was confronted by one of the Demon Changers, Reibald apparently. She continued to observe as their saviour committed self-sacrifice to ensure their escape, blocking the tunnel to the opposition.
The force of the explosion knocked her to the ground, winding her, small chunks of rock smashed into her body, not enough to cause serious injury, but enough to be an irritant.
After she had climbed back onto her feet the self-appointed leader of the group, Leo, began to speak; "Ok guys. First thing's first, we can't have gone far. So by the looks of things, I'd say we're on the Eastern side of the Blackened Wall Mountains. That must be Gildhem Fortress to the north and Holsteath Wetlands to the East. I suggest we set out, I get the feeling we should get to the base of the Mountain before we make anymore plans, what do people think?"
"I think we should head over to Gildhem Fortress, after climbing down of course." She said as she dusted off her suit. The fortress would be a good place to start, they could stock up on supplies and find out exactly which direction would be best to start off in.

Deleted User - 819397

Mandan had stayed back as their rescuer fought the demon-changer, resulting in the cave being blocked off. He changed out of panther form and looked at the others before turning away as they fell to discussing plans...again. All they ever did was talk...was it any wonder he couldn't stand conversing? Such exhausting work, and so little was accomplished. He simply hoped they could come up with a plan soon, else he'd go crazy from having to put up with their bickering.

DeletedUser13682

Seamus followed the rest of the group, being joined by Arthur somewhere along the way. After being led through an unknown amount of twists and turns, they finally reached an opening with wind coming from it. Though small, it was large enough to accommodate a single file line of crouching teenagers. As the group began to head through the tunnel, the spy started to look more and more worried. Seamus went in fourth from last, if you were expecting the spy to go through as well. The other girl was behind him. As Leo ducked into the tunnel, Seamus heard a voice that cackled as it spoke. The spy confronted him, calling the man Reibald. Seamus heard screams, followed by an explosion that blocked the cave side entrance, and most of the light.

Lighting a match, Seamus looked behind him, seeing Leo and the other girl behind him. He kept going until he came out of the tunnel and into the Blackened Wall Mountains. As everyone got a look at their surroundings, Leo described what was in the area. The other girl suggested they head to Gildhem Fortress before heading out on their quest. Seamus spoke up next. “I do agree that we head to Gildhem Fortress. It would be a good place to rest and recuperate for a bit. I think after that, we should head back to the Citadel, and tell the High Mage what happened. I don’t know how long he had a spy in the Demon Changers’s ranks, but with his death, we’re now the only source of recent information. That’s why we should tell the High Mage exactly what happened, so he can best decide on a course of action against the Demon Changers.”

DeletedUser28032

Seraphim continued to follow the others until reaching the narrow tunnel through which their new friend had instructed them to take "You want me to go through there!?" she exclaimed, her eyes growing wide with fear backing away from the pitch black opening before her. However once it became apparent that there was no alternative exit she swallows deeply and gingerly enters the tunnel and begins to crawl towards the small point of light in the distance.
She never hears the Demon changers approach or the ensuing conversation and melee with the man that had saved them, it was only after what last vestiges of light had been snuffed out of existence that she realised that something was wrong. A single shriek of fear echoes around the inside of the tunnel as begins to frantically move forward in her desperate panic to escape.
Bursting out into the open, the sun streaming down all around her she begins to dusting off her hair and clothes in a mad panic as if she feared that the darkness would cling to her like some form of tar or chitinous creature ready to jump out and bite if it weren't removed.
It was as she was doing this that she inadvertently runs into Mandan "Oh gods, I am so sorry" she says throwing her hands up over her mouth as she backs away from him "I didn't mean to do that I swear" she continues, looking as if she was on the verge of tears. She had always found the quiet, dark clad boy to be rather intimidating even though he had never done anything unkind towards her, though barging into him would no doubt rectify that problem in no time.
Fully expecting a verbal beating to fall upon her Seraphim paid little attention to what the others were saying although the idea of going home to the citadel was very appealing at this point in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.