Irulia: The Spirit Changers Quest

• Thread starter DeletedUser31931
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser13682

“Heh… ya can’t really make assumptions in these kinds of matters, ya know?” Seamus shrugged at Donna as they started on their way to the rest of Donna’s group. As they walked along, there was a kind of awkward silence that seemed to permeate many situations Seamus had been in recently. It was those kinds of silences that caused Seamus to think back on recent events. Those things in the town were definitely not human, despite the silhouettes and general appearance. Those not human things, covered in burns and filled with some substance that wasn’t blood. “I’ve been thinking about those things,” Seamus said, attempting to dispel that dreaded awkward silence from their group. “They’re not human. But they kind of do look human. I’ve been thinking about them a bit. I don’t think they’re human, but they look like human. Considering the Demon Changers, maybe they’re doing some kind of crazy experiments. Some sort of necromancy or something like that, ya know? Burying people for days after giving them a strange potion then digging them up and casting a spell to make them your servant. Perhaps they’ve got some worse form of that? I don’t know.”

DeletedUser37114

Having been walking mostly in a worried daze, Kulos was startled by Seamus ruminating that's a nice word, ruminating, I should use it more often about the... things, the ones that nobody had a name for. She winced at his assumptions that they were some sort of corpse, then glanced at Donna before deciding it would be best to be truthful and tell him what she knew. "I don't think they were corpses," she started uncomfortably. "When the eclipse happened, everything went dark for a second. Then where the townspeople were... they weren't anymore. Those things were." Her statements weren't real clear, and she clarified, the better not to sink back into the daze she'd been in. "I think those might have BEEN the people. I don't think they would have been conveniently replaced with those... we really need to come up with a name for those things... but I'm not sure. Like I said, everything went black for me and Donna probably went through the same thing and... and..." She trailed off awkwardly, not wanting the silence to return but out of things to say.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 819397

Mandan felt the miserly pouring off of Sam, and it affected him as a result…he wasn't in a good place anyway, so it wasn't a large jump to do so. Sera lectured the other boy about the rashness of his desire to 'fix' things. "Sam…there's nothing you can do to bring back the dead. I…I would if I could, but they're gone. We also are powerless to help anyone still around…two of us aren't suited for combat. The Demon Changers would laugh as they killed us. There's nothing we can do. Protect the ones you're with to the best of your ability, that's all you can do. We're of no use to anyone else. We're teenagers. Teenagers who couldn't deal with a group of bandits. Teenagers who have let three of their number die or be captured for a fate unknown. We aren't going to be world savers. It's just not possible." He trailed off, seemingly embarrassed at how much he'd said. His tone throughout had been flat, lacking any sort of real emotion. It wasn't clear what the cause was for this…it could have been a simple exhaustion and hunger preventing him from generating much of any sort of feeling, or it could have been that he quite simply didn't care anymore, that he'd passed through the stages of emotional shock and was now numb.

DeletedUser31931

Sam
Sam visibly shrunk as Sera spoke. He knew the truth in her words but he couldn't face up to what she was saying. "I... They..." Sam faltered, stuttering over each word as if forcing it out was physically painful. "Never... I... Never... want... to... see..." Sam couldn't bring himself to finish his sentence and he started again. "If we... no, when... we reach Enylia I'm not going to stop. We're only a week or so from the Ultimate One. We have to reach him... otherwise, what's the point to all this?" As the tears began to stream down his face, Sam couldn't contain his emotions much longer. "If we can't even finish this stupid quest, what's the point? I'm not going to hide out in a town. I'm going to carry on... for those that didn't make it... for them... for him." There was no doubt as to who Sam meant by his final words and, despite his defeated tone, he appeared to have regained some of his purpose. That was his goal now. His sole objective. They would reach the Ultimate One and they would receive their powers. Then they, as the few Spirit Changers left outside the forcefield, would began the fightback against the Demon Changers. Too many people had died, too many had been lost and Sam couldn't just sit there and give up because of them. They were precisely why he had to carry on.

Donna
Donna noticed as Kulos looked at her and nodded her consent for her to explain. As Kulos trailed off, Donna figured she should pick up from the rambling of Kulos... but she didn't know what to say. Those things... they were the townspeople now. That eclipse... that had been everywhere at once... did that mean? "I think... whatever... whatever happened to them, has happened across the entire world. It didn't affect us Spirit changers but I think we have to accept the reality of the situation that the regular people... including our families... have gone." Whatever musings Donna was currently having were cut short as, on the horizon, about half an hour's walk from their current position, a column of smoke appeared, wafting up into the sky. Had it been inside the town, this wouldn't have been unusual. This, however, was not from inside the town. It was, in fact, coming from where Donna and Kulos had left their group... and it was much too big to be a campfire... Donna swore to herself and just said to Kulos, "I'm going." Before she broke into a full on sprint. The wind whipped around her fists and the air in front of her cleared itself, as if it were making way for her as her legs pounded into the hard dirt and she sped towards where her group had been.

Reibald
The Demon Changer watched as the events unfurled around the world. The spell had concluded successfully apart from Rakasi where that annoying brat's demons had interfered. Their little protection holding cell forcefield had protected against all magic... including that of the Demon Changers. Still, even without those townspeople, Reibald had more than enough. Barking instructions to his inferiors they scurried away to make it so, eager to please the Dark Lord on the eve of his victory. He gave the command and his slaves began to make their way out of the cities. They had remained alive, their basic instincts doing that much for them, but their purpose was greater than that now. And so their march begin. They streamed out of the cities in columns five men abreast and slowly, but surely, they began to march towards Lake Irulia. It would take approximately three weeks for them to gather. The Spirit Changers couldn't respond in that time, they were still too busy scurrying around in their fort trying to fend off waves of his footsoldiers to break the barrier. Impudent pests. Soon he would complete his plan and then this mortal plane would be no more... and the true power of a god would be his...

DeletedUser37114

As Donna explained her hypothesis that this had been a worldwide phenomenon, Kulos frowned a little. She trusted her companion, but it was really too soon to assume that this had happened everywhere. Before she could argue or try to calm her down, however, Donna saw something that sent Kulos into a state of panic as well. Smoke from near the city... from where their companions had been... As Donna took off, Kulos sprinted after her briefly before leaping as high as she could and shifting into a white raven. The bird could fly faster than she could run and she'd have a better view from up high. If this was an ambush of some kind, she would know... though she hoped it wouldn't come to that.

Apelatia

Lecta continued to walk alongside Seamus and the other two as they discussed something about necromancy in relation to the townspeople. Whatever it was though, Lecta didn't really pay much attention, but instead concentrated on his own walking and also on how he would handle a confrontation with Sera should that come about again. Sure, it was something that he would try to avoid occur, but it might happen anyway, and he would need to be prepared for that time. Lecta reconnected with the world just as Donna told them that whatever had happened to the townspeople of Enylia had also happened to the rest of the world too, meaning that their separate families were now dead and rotting, not that any of them would know their families personally... Lecta hadn't given much thought to his family since being a Spirit Changer. He'd been taken away at such a young age, that his life had been devoid of any form of motherly or fatherly figure, and as such hadn't really ever felt any form of connection with his parents. Still, thinking about them being dead sent a strange feeling coursing through his body that he wasn't able to identify properly. Thinking about it again, how had Donna managed to come to the conclusion she had? It seemed like a big jump to make from what they had witnessed... Lecta was about to voice his thoughts on the matter when both Donna and Kulos spotted something in the distance, causing the both of them to start running away, or in Kulos's case, flying away.

Looking in the direction that Donna and Kulos were sprinting towards, Lecta saw a plume of smoke rising from the ground. As he gazed towards the rising smoke, a strange sense of déjà vu hit him. He was suddenly reminded of an almost-identical situation that had occurred just a day back with Sam. What was it with people trying to run off on their own these days? Well, whatever it was, Lecta wasn't having any of it. "Oh no they don't." He spoke aloud as he began to channel his unique wall-o-water ability. Running away on their own was the height of stupidity. Not only would Seamus and himself not be there in time should an ambush occur, but it was also better to talk and discuss how to handle a situation instead of blundering straight into it blindfolded. With his wall, he fashioned it so that it would be placed directly in front of Donna and Kulos, stopping them in their tracks. He also formed it so that the water would cascade in such a way that they would be unable to pass through it. When he was satisfied, he allowed the Spirit Changer magic to release, stopping the two in their tracks. He then ran after the brash duo himself, shouting at the top of his voice. "Stop it, you two. Are you stupid?! We need to TALK about this first! What if there's an AMBUSH! Stop being suicidal!" Lecta would continue to rant until he caught up to Donna, at which point he released the wall, whilst simultaneously tackling the girl to the ground. This done, he felt quite exhausted from his efforts. Channeling magic whilst sprinting wasn't the easiest of operations. He managed to mouth, "Don't be stupid..." before a coughing fit came upon him for the next ten or so seconds. Hopefully, Kulos would stop instead of flying onwards. After all, with the momentum she had been carrying, flying straight into the wall wouldn't have been very pleasant. A collision would have been more akin to a violent downdraft or a strong tidal current...

DeletedUser37114

As Kulos flew forward, worry filling her mind with all sorts of scenarios fire? The things from town? Demon Changers? running through her head. She didn't know what their group might be facing and they might need her help and Donna's as soon as they could get there. Even seconds might count. Which, of course, was why a giant wall of water popped up in front of them, cutting them off. Kulos of course, could have flown up and over, no spirit changer would have been able to raise a wall that high and wide, but Donna would be stuck. She circled back briefly to start to gain height, only catching the tail end of Lecta tackling Donna to the ground, screaming... And then she was rolling better than a flat fall to disperse momentum, keep you from breaking a leg or spraining your ankle before she was on the two. With ruthless efficiency, she kicked Lecta in the stomach already coughing, would further knock the wind out of him, reducing his ability to strike back or get away until he was off of Donna. After a quick look at Donna to make sure she was okay, Kulos knelt on top of Lecta, her right sword against his throat, Wait, when did those get drawn? He's not a threat right now, you can probably just stand back until he recovers her left in a reverse hold, to guard against any potential strikes. Her heartbeat was racing and her breathing was speeding up to compensate as her world narrowed to only her and the man she'd just pinned to the ground. In a harsh, strained voice she growled, "You have ten seconds to explain yourself. Ten." You really shouldn't be doing this! He's on your side! What are you- "Nine. Eight..."

DeletedUser28032

"Oh Sam, come here" Seraphim said as the boy began to cry as a result of Mandan and her telling him he was foolish to make the promise he had. Reaching out in the direction of the tears and gently pulling him into an embrace she gently rubs his back as she made soothing sounds and promises that it would all be alright.
She wasn’t sure if this was maternal instincts kicking in or simply the fact that she was now getting pretty used to either comforting or being comforted by other people. The gods alone knew how many times Jeyne and Arya had sat there comforting her after a particularly mean trick had been played on her "what’s with you boys? You’re meant to be looking after me" she said trying to make a joke of the statement and failing badly as she did nothing more than remind herself how useless she'd become. Well not entirely useless as apparently she was quite good for being cried on though she could do nothing that was really practical in her current state and gods forbid a fight should break out.
With none of them really in much of a fit state to continue travelling Sera once again asked the question that had come to her lips several times this day already "How much further to Enylia? Are we going to get there soon or are we better off building a fire and camping under a hedge or something?" she’d had enough of this disaster of a day. She’d gone from having a reasonably happy brother, several friends and boy who she thought might have been more than a friend to now having to play mother and comfort two boys whilst all she wanted to do was break down and cry.

Deleted User - 819397

Mandan couldn't find it in him to be irritated at Sam as the boy broke down…he understood feeling helpless…he'd been nothing but a drain on resources this whole trip. However, the other boy for whatever reason was translating that helpless feeling into desire to finish the quest to reach the Ultimate One. The dark boy was about to explain why that was a bad outlook to have when Sera started comforting him, before asking why they were reversing the typical roles. This more than anything recently hurt Mandan. She was right…he was supposed to be helping her through the darkness, and instead he'd been a whiny brat. What a worthless piece of garbage he was being, to put that much strain on her. The sensations that the realization brought threatened to overwhelm him briefly, and he snagged Sera's question as to how close they were to Enylia as a drowning man would a piece of driftwood. "We…we should be able to get there within another half hour, I think…let's get there…at…at least then we'll be safe for a moment…" Focus on that, not on your being unnecessary strain on Sera…focus on getting to the city. Focus…

Apelatia

Amidst his coughing fit, Lecta suddenly felt a sharp pain in his abdominal region, forcing him to tumble sideways which subsequently caused his coughing to increase in intensity. By the time he had finished, he found himself with the Kulos girl on top of him, one sword pointed at his neck, whilst the other was held in a defensive position. Furthermore, she was now giving him ten seconds to "explain himself", something which as far as he was concerned, was absolutely unnecessary and silly. "What on earth are you...?" Lecta let out exasperated, his face turning red with anger. "Ten seconds for what? For you to become Kulos, the Brutal Murderer of the Innocent. As if! Just get off me, and starting thinking straight!" Lecta glared at Kulos with an intensity that suggested what he really thought of her at that moment. As much as he wanted to kick her back, he restrained himself for two reasons. One, he felt rather drained from his drastic efforts to stop the two from potentially killing themselves, and two, he still had a sword pointed directly at his neck. When he spoke again, he aimed his words at both Kulos and Donna, rather than just the girl currently kneeling atop him."Are you both so stupid as to actually just run off like little children towards a potential ambush?! You haven't the slightest clue what is over there; there could be something waiting to kill you both. The worst thing you could do would be to blunder in like impulsive madwomen. Again, please get off me and start thinking properly. If you're going to go over there, then talk about it with us first. Did you hear that? T...A...L...K." Lecta's last words were laced so heavily with sarcasm that he wondered if Kulos might decide to kill him after all and be rid of him, though he doubted she'd do that. Spirit Changers killing other Spirit Changers? It didn't sound right to him, and hopefully neither would it to her... All he could pray for now was that Seamus would back him up. If he didn't, then perhaps he really was losing it, and the two emotion-driven girls were right to go dashing into the distance. Not that he would go back on his decision though. It was a wonder that he'd actually thought to stop them.

Last edited:

DeletedUser37114

Lecta started sputtering out words, which prompted Kulos to stop counting down, though she didn't take her sword from his neck. However, the apparent lack of understanding made her want to start up again right then and there. She'd made her meaning as clear as she could with the time they had, which was none, and apparently he didn't understand the urgency of the situation. ...Though from the look he was giving her, he didn't really appreciate the fact that she was on top of him anyway. He tried to explain that there might be an ambush there, that the two of them might be in danger... useless information that she already knew. Worst of all, he wanted them to delay and talk about all this, of all the silly things he could have asked of them.

Kulos stayed frozen for a moment after Lecta stopped talking, fighting between trying to give him an explanation, just grabbing Donna and taking off again, and counting down again until he acknowledged that she was in the right or she could make sure he wouldn't be delaying them again. Her expression, she knew, was blank as the options warred with each other in her head, a product of many interrogations by teachers as to her latest rule breaking exercise. Finally, she decided on trying to reason with him, as much as flight and fight appealed. Donna might not be ready to move again yet, plus Seamus might try to stop them as well... But there was not time... "No time," Kulos said, her voice shaking despite her attempts to keep it level and breathing still far too quick. "Need to help my friends. Help or leave." There was a third option, of course, that Lecta could take, but he probably wouldn't like the consequences of that one. No warning, no count to ten, just one less obstacle between her, Donna, and their group. And probably a lot of cleaning for her, once all this was over, white always was so hard to get stains out of. But she wouldn't mind that, Donna could probably help her, once they got back and made sure everyone was safe...

DeletedUser28032

Nodding her head to show she'd heard Mandan's response Sera continued to gently rub Sam's back for a few more moments before speaking in a soft voice "ok Sam, lets go to Enylia, some food and sleep will do us all the world of good you'll see" she said as she broke off the hug "you can walk with me for a little while if you like, I am sure Mandan won't begrudge you borrowing his little sister for a short while" she added so that he wouldn't feel she was purposefully abandoning him. If for whatever reason Sam decided not to walk with her then she was sure than Mandan would resume his role of Seeing Eye boy, the image would have been rather amusing if it hadn't been so tragic either way regardless of who held her hand they would carry on walking to Enylia. They'd be safe in Enylia, there would hot food, warm beds and shops selling the supplies they would be needing to either complete their quest or head north as wannabe guerrilla’s...and yet something didn't quite feel right and there was a strange smell in the air that smelled almost as if something was burning.

DeletedUser13682

Well, this was a pleasant walk. All things considered, they weren’t too bad off. Sure, they were in the middle of an apocalypse, and sure they were surrounded by zonbis, but for the moment, they themselves were doing alright. Well, they were doing alright, until a plume of smoke appeared near the edge of the horizon. That plume seemed to have an effect on Donna and Kulosas they took off towards it, Donna running away and Kulos turning into a raven or dove or what exactly was it? The bird appeared to be like a raven, but it was white as snow. Strange bird, that. Lecta apparently didn’t care for them up and leaving like that, and took off after them, a wall of cascading water forming in the distance. That was probably Lecta’s doing, trying to stop the women from investigating the source of the smoke. What was it with these people and being so impulsive? Seamus ran after the group, hoping that there wouldn’t be too big a mess to clean up. Seamus headed after the group with a sigh. When he arrived at the scene, there luckily wasn’t much of a mess to clean up, yet. Donna was laying on the ground, along with Lecta. Kulos was on top of him, sword at his throat. “Alright, everybody get up. I’m not going to let us kill each other over a pillar of smoke. Kulos, get off Lecta, and we’ll all go investigate together. Whatever it is, I’m certain it’s not worth killing anyone over.”

DeletedUser37114

With the arrival of Seamus, Kulos really should have calmed down, felt everything was in control now. Lecta had one of his friends around to restrain him if he did something impulsive again, Seamus supported their need to get back to the group... so why did she feel so reluctant to pull her sword away from Lecta's neck? Why did she want to kill him so badly? With an effort of will bigger than she'd ever made before, Kulos backed off, shaking and breathing hard. She sheathed her swords, though it took her a few tries, and went to check on Donna, just to make sure she was please let her be fine, please let her be okay, please don't let the time she'd spent going after Lecta have hurt her unhurt. "We need to get going, the longer we spend here, the worse the situation for our group," she said with a voice void of emotion. She wasn't going to delay, but Donna wasn't exactly moving either and Lecta had been right to some extent, not that she was going to cut him any slack. It would be a good idea to have as many people with her as possible when they did reach whatever was causing that smoke. As long as they could keep up, of course.

DeletedUser31931

Donna was running forwards at quite a pace when the wall of water erupted from the ground. It was quite solid and Donna had the unfortunate price of running headfirst into it. She smashed through it and hit the ground, the relatively short time frame meaning she had not actually been able to protect herself. She was dazed and confused and lay there as Lecta jumped on top of her. She couldn't quite grab a hold of events as they were occurring. Partially because of her headache but partly because it made no sense. Why would Lecta do such a stupid thing as to jump on her? Who had even summoned that wall of water? As Kulos dived onto Lecta and pulled him off, she sighed to herself now that his weight was removed. Kulos came over to Donna and she groaned in a very unladylike fashion. "Well that ruined my clothes." She complained as she picked herself up. As she remembered the situation at hand she swore, then she swore again this time at Lecta and telling him in some rather precise language how much of an imbecile she thought he was. "That fire is my group over there and I'm not particularly content to stand around idle whilst they might possibly die. And you might have no idea what you're doing but that's because you're a moron and don't try to impress that upon us. So would you kindly stop! Seamus, make sure he doesn't do that again." Donna shook her head as her vision cleared up. Her short rant had wasted about half a minute but it ensured that Lecta would not interrupting again. "Let's go Kulos." She muttered under her breath to the other girl. First they'd been lumped with these two idiots who didn't seem to know up from down and now her group was possibly hurt. Admittedly they hadn't been her original group but she considered them hers now. She began to run again, her water magic flowing through her body and healing her injuries. She brought it up and began to create a shield in front of her. If Lecta was to attempt to pull his stunt again, she would not be caught unawares this time.

DeletedUser13682

Seamus’s arrival hadn’t exactly fixed the problem, though it did make it less worse. Kulos got off of Lecta, giving the boy a bit of room to breathe, to move, to not die. Well, even if it wasn’t Seamus’s doing, it still made him feel better that none of them were about to get killed, especially due to any unnecessary infighting that really shouldn’t have been happening in the first place. They were all supposed to work together, especially with return of the Demon Changers and the rise of the zonbis. SO why were they trying to kill each other? This didn’t make any sense. “Alright, guys. Let’s just keep this nice and civil. I’d rather not have any of us kill each other over a small misunderstanding such as this. Alright, now wha…” But by then, Donna and Kulos had both ran off again toward the plume of smoke. “Well, I guess we can’t do much more than follow them, make sure they don’t get their happy butts killed,” Seamus said to Lecta. “Come on, let’s go. You don’t want them to die, do you? I think you’ve got a chance with Kulos.” Seamus let out a laugh before he turned into a puffin and flew off towards the smoke pillar. Hopefully his joke had its intended effect. He just wanted Lecta to feel a bit better, give him a bit more confidence and drive. But maybe he had laid it on a bit too thick and it would backfire in Seamus’s face and all but devastate Lecta.

Apelatia

Fortunately for Lecta, his moment of near-death seemed to have finally concluded, as Seamus arrived and brought some semblance of order to the situation. Kulos slowly got off of him and sheathed her swords. As Lecta pushed himself into a sitting position, he was then met with a whirlwind of insults from Donna that almost made him feel as if he really had done something stupid. If it weren't for Donna's obvious tendency to insult other people as often as she could for no reason, Lecta might well have taken what she said in, but as it was the girl was full of herself, and he had no reason to believe her. Lecta had been about to shout back at Donna in return when the pair of silly girls decided to take off again towards the plume of smoke. Left with Seamus, Lecta sighed inwardly before picking himself off the floor. The boy reasoned that it would be best to follow them, before ending with a joke about how he could end up with Kulos eventually. Rolling his eyes, Lecta watched as the other boy flew after the two girls in puffin form. "I honestly couldn't care one bit any more if the two brats died." Lecta spoke after Seamus's rapidly retreating bird figure. Kulos and Donna had made fools of him, tried to kill him and insulted him. To them, he owed absolutely nil. However, that didn't mean that he wanted Seamus to be killed, so he set off after them, albeit in his human form and at a walking pace. If they got themselves killed, it wouldn't be his problem. They were all going to die miserable deaths at the hands of the Demon Changers anyway...

DeletedUser31931

Enylia

They were now closing in on Enylia. The sun had almost set by this point and there was a thick cloud in the sky, though as they came closer to Enylia, it began to become apparent that this cloud was not a naturally black cloud... Enylia appeared to be burning. Smoke billowed from across the city in a massively unnatural amount. Sam stared at it as realisation began to sink in.... "No... no... no no no no no no. Enylia... it's burning... We..." As he looked across he saw the line of people. They had streamed out of Enylia, their skin red and cracked like the demonic monsters that Lecta, Seamus, Donna and Kulos had fought. They marched onwards, oblivious to the Spirit Changers, their direction towards Rakasi and the Holsteath Wetlands as Enylia burned behind them. We... we need supplies from Enylia. And it's burning... There's only one option. We need those supplies if we're going to continue on our journey. Mandan, you stay here with Sera, I'm going to go in there and get what we'll need." Sam looked back at the others, a new fire and determination in his eyes, he was no longer resigned but instead was preparing himself for the fight ahead. He awaited any objection but prepared to move out.

Kulos
As she flew closer, the cause of the smoke became clear. The area where they had left their group had become a battlefield. There were seven members of her group there, they were missing Jonathan, a polite boy who had been incredibly intelligent and a master strategist, though he lacked true skill in battle. She could observe as they engaged with the Demon Changers. Smoke swirled around the battlefield making it hard to observe the battlefield. The group had split up and each of them was fighting an individual battle with a group of Demon changers. Bolts of energy were flying across the battlefield and as the group scrambled to dodge them, for every Demon Changer hit, they evaporated into smoke, resulting in the scene she saw in front of her. Donna was running in on foot and thus had the immediate advantage. She transferred the majority of her power to her hands and legs and began the attack. She slid through the legs of the first Demon Changer from behind and landed a fist in his chest that sent him flying, performing a somersault as he slammed into the floor and evaporated. She slammed her fist down on a beam of energy as it approached her and it re-angled directly into the floor as she jumped to her feet and charged the second opponent. There were about thirty or forty opponents, which meant about 4 people per Spirit Changer. Their skill levels varied immensely though, some were weak and inexperienced and others were more challenging. Either way, Kulos would be needed in the fight sooner rather than later.

DeletedUser37114

As Donna chewed Lecta out for her idiocy and got them going again, telling Kulos to come with her, Kulos smiled, making sure it wasn't seen by Lecta or Seamus. It felt good, to see the other girl chew Lecta out for his idiocy, regardless of how stupid it might be diplomatically. Even with possible impending doom and horrible threats to her group, she could take time to appreciate the small things , especially when Donna was the one doing them especially combat drills and shopping and getting dressed and.... She looked back to make sure that the two weren't coming after them with any ill intent, to see... Lecta walking, too slow of course and... Seamus flying after them in the form of a puffin. Not bad, at least someone had the foresight to get a bird's eye view besides her. However, she wasn't going to trust anyone else to save her group need to help them, not this time. Once again taking a running jump, Kulos shifted to raven and flapped her to get some height. Unfortunately, the smoke obscured her vision of the field where the group had been camped out until... Swooping closer to get a clearer view, she saw seven friendly shapes nononononono fighting what had to be a horde of... was this what Demon Changers looked like? Donna, who'd managed to keep a fast pace, managed to charge in ahead of her and Kulos called on her power once more to force the world into languid motion. They were outnumbered, that was for sure. Three... four to one. The group had separated, which ensured that the enemy could make the most of their numbers. Donna was handling herself well, no need to help her for now as much as she wanted to...

Seeing one boy, Alex, surrounded and about to go down, Kulos dove, spreading her wings to slow herself down so that she wouldn't be hurt when she landed on top of one of the encroaching enemies, her blades making sure that he wouldn't be getting back up. From there, it was a quick matter of hacking her way through the offenders dodge, jump, twist, upward, upward, good things these things didn't bleed and she was helping Alex to his feet, examining him for major injuries. "Pairs!" she yelled, seeing nothing that needed immediate attention, though she had to let him scramble to get his weapon back how'd he even lost it?. She then started towards where she'd last seen Donna gogogogo make sure she's safe she better not be hurt, blades held at the ready and eyes on the lookout for any incoming attacks, trusting Alex to watch behind her. They would fight better as a unit than as individuals, teamwork would make short work of these things.

DeletedUser28032

The closer the trio drew to the city of Enylia the clearer it became to Seraphim that something wasn’t right. The roads were deserted and the sounds she usually associated with cities were missing, replaced instead with the ever increasing stench of smoke and the tramping of marching feet.
All this was quickly confirmed by Sam’s panicky voice as he stated that the city was ablaze causing Sera to suspect that the feet belonged to refugees fleeing their burning homes “No!” Sera stated in a firm voice that would brook no argument from Sam as he made the heroically stupid suggestion of entering the city alone in order to gather supplies, the girls hold on the boys hand tightening to a vice like grip to emphasise the point “We go in together or not at all, it was Lecta treating me like I was useless that put us in this situation in the first place, I am not useless! Mandan is not useless! We go in together, ok?” she continued hoping that if Mandan was put in a situation where he could do something more productive than guard the blind girl that it might make him feel a little better about himself and the gods alone knew she didn’t want to spend the rest of her days sitting around doing nothing “Besides Sam I need a weapon and there’s no telling what rubbish you’ll bring me” she said jokingly as she let go of his hand.
Shifting into the form of a mouse; the tiny silvery blonde creature seems to sit in a daze as Sera’s eyes readjusted to sight before scurrying off to scale Mandan’s leg so as to sit upon his shoulder; her tiny whiskers tickling his ear as she tried to peer around his veil at the boy beneath. It was surprising what you could get away with whilst in animal form.

Status
Not open for further replies.