Irc Mods Wanted

DeletedUser

The our unofficial IRC chat channel on IRC.QUAKENET.ORG (#the-west.net) needs a couple of mods, just to keep things running smoothly.

There was some confusion in the beginning if this was going to be an official channel or not, but it is now officially unofficial and I don't see it changing.

During the initial confusion the forum and admin guys were given the OP rights. That has changed as of yesterday. There was some discussion over the fact that the channel was unofficial, but operated by the mods/admins. This has now been resolved.

But we do need a couple of OPs on the channel just in case something bad happens.

Basically our goal should be a completely unmoderated channel, but sometimes the outside riff-raff shows up and causes issues that need to be dealt with.

I would like two volunteers to help out. If you think you have the ability to be given the power over the IRC channel, but never use it (except in the case of a huge issue) please contact me via the forum private mail.

I'll tell you this up front, if you like to "play" with moderation of the channel, this isn't for you. Anyone that kicks or bans someone without a damn good reason is gone, no warning given.

Last edited by a moderator: