Inventory Stacking and Sorting

DeletedUser22493

Im getting tired of spending loads of time finding the items im looking for in my inventory. Something must be done.
Proposal
- Implement a function that sorts items into groups. (Hats, Melee Weapons, Ranged Weapons.. etc..

Current Workaround
- It just takes a lot of time to scroll through 100 lines of items, and with for instance 20 stacks of song books.

Details
- Much like the market function. In the top corner of the inventory, there will be a pull down bar, with the options: Show All Items, Hats, Left Hand, Melee Weapons, Ranged Weapons.. etc..

Abuse Prevention
None..

Visual Aids
- Added below. Note that I would like to have the option to choose between: Melee Weapons and Ranged Weapons. My leet cutting skills just isn't enough to implement that..

Summary
It time saving, cleaner, and will help all of us who is suffering from disposophobia.

ideabaryesdown.jpg

ideabarnodown.jpg

giideabarnodownj

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

1 - absolutely yes. :D
2 - please post a visual how would that look... if it will again show first melee weaps, last ranged and "other" then... it won't help anything

DeletedUser22493

1 - absolutely yes. :D
2 - please post a visual how would that look... if it will again show first melee weaps, last ranged and "other" then... it won't help anything

Its very simple. Either a weapon is ranged, or it melee. If you press Melee, your inventory will only show your melee weapons.
If you press Ranged, only your ranged weapons will be showen.

There are no "others". The pillow for instance is a melee weapon, no matter how far you can trow it.

DeletedUser

There was an idea floating around somewhere in the forums (maybe it's on the roadmap) where there would be different compartments in your backpack. So you can put products in one compartment, or tab, and weapons in another etc...

I'm too lazy to look for it, but I'm sure I've seen it before.

EDIT:

my laziness is over... here ya go, it's already been submitted to the developers

http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=10327&highlight=backpack+compartment

DeletedUser22493

Its not the same suggestion.

It's two different proposals aimed to solve the same problem.
I still think my idea would be a nice addition to the total solution.

Perhaps even better..?

DeletedUser

There are no "others". The pillow for instance is a melee weapon, no matter how far you can trow it.
"other" is for example a broken spade. It's a product actually, but is currently not sorted among products but after melee weapons in your inventory.

Anyway, if I understood correctly, at point 2 you want to add a filter, right? Maybe not that "fancy" but that's still acceptable.

Ok, yes 2 times and although the "filter" is not some awsome design, any improvement on the current inventory view would be nice so 5 stars from me. ;)

DeletedUser

I think this is a must, I don't have that much stuff, but I would like it to be able to stack, my items. Making my inventory look neater, and with the market. It's offten better to hold onto items and sell them in the market. Instead of selling it in a shop.

DeletedUser

The idea sent to the dervs was the one about having 2 new tabs? 1 was to be a quick sell all where everything put in the tab could be sold at once & the other was a safety deposit box to keep anything you didn't want to sell by mistake.

This is a better ( simpler to apply ) version of the backpack idea i had posted around the same time as the 1 above. No really showed interest after I failed to produce a visual aid but at the very least it was left open to be possibly voted on due to it being focused on a different aspect of back pack usage & I would guess the same would apply here.

I obviously like the idea but would like to suggest that each individual item set be listed & listed separably when selected it would show what parts of the set you have

or that "Item Sets" be a choice that would shows all pieces of all sets ( that you own ) grouped by set.

Red Falcon

Okay, here is how I think this idea could be made a lot easier: Just insert a search button as part of your inventory. This way, you can type in the name of the item you're looking for, and your inventory will automatically filter itself out, according to the item you're looking for.

Example: Running a search for Indian Feather Hat would only show the Indian Feather Hat in your inventory.

Another example: Running a search for hat would only show the hats you have in your inventory.

Deleted User - 1278415

yes that helps me tremendously when I'm fighting to get your idea through... since images cross the English to German language barrier so much easier.

DeletedUser

I believe saved inventory has been suggested before and is a far better option. It would be nice to be able to name and save any full set of clothing and to equip that with a one click option from a menu.

For example
1. Duel attack
2. Duel defense
3. Fort attack
4. Fort defense
5. Job - Serving in the Army
6. Clear Forest
7. Charlatan set
etc

DeletedUser

I believe saved inventory has been suggested before and is a far better option. It would be nice to be able to name and save any full set of clothing and to equip that with a one click option from a menu.

Poll: Passed Saving Item sets

There are also at least a couple greasemonkey scripts that do the same thing.

DeletedUser

This sounds like a Great idea Rebow.
It would make life easyer.

DeletedUser22493

Poll: Passed Saving Item sets

There are also at least a couple greasemonkey scripts that do the same thing.

I know there are scripts for it. But I don't see why we should depend on external programs to do something that should be implemented in the game.
Who knows, one day, one of these scripts might do a little more then just "help" you..

Again, not the same idea. I think this would be a great addition idea above.

You Elmyr, with perhaps the most items in your inventory of all, should appreciate this.