Inventory Searcher

• Thread starter DeletedUser8054
  • Start date

DeletedUser8054

I am often faced with the problem of searching every item in my inventory to find something with a skill bonus that lets me do a job, this may not be a problem for people who sell there items immediately after finding them. Anyway, I recon there should be a way of searching your inventory for a certain bonus without having to read every items bonuses. I made this picture of how I imagine it:

inventorysearcher1dh0.png

I hope other people agree that it would help with times you have lots of items in your inventory. :)g

DeletedUser

well that's because you haven't suggested it, silly...
I'm just saying that your idea is an augmentation of the same idea posted in the thread talking about backpack

DeletedUser

It looks the same to me... it's a bit different but in fact it does the same thing... I like the other Idea more than this one...

DeletedUser

I dont think this is the same idea. I think if you want to do this idea you should expand it to what they do on west stats and have best items for job dropdown box

DeletedUser

A job drop down would make more sense. Doing it by skills will not necessarily find you the best items for the job so are essentially meaningless during play.

I imagine most people use The West Stats or The West Tool for this purpose though. I do, so personally, I don't find it necessary. I'm happy with using the external websites for this, and I think they do it better than what could be done in-game.

DeletedUser

after re-reading the OP, I can see what you mean...

I actually like this idea better than the 'for sell satchel'...

DeletedUser8054

Because you have to type in the website address, import your inventory, import your stats, go to the jobs section. It takes a minute or 2 to import your stuff. Having it in your inventory would be easier.

DeletedUser

West stats is a great tool and I think people should work with it, maybe they should put a "west stats" icon in the game and make it easier to access.

DeletedUser1105

I use West Stats for this, or do it manually.

It's quite fun going through the inventory and working out the best items, and then putting them all on to see if you have enough points to do the job.

There's not much else going on in the game, so I'd quite like this to stay as it is.

DeletedUser

All these back-pack ideas and inventory search ques suggest we have a more than a few hoarders in our midst.

DeletedUser

Merging of this thread with that thread
though, they are two seperate ideas, they both deal with the maintainance and organization of items in our pack. If we could get either violet or runeneo to re-write a formalized "Put to vote" poll of the two ideas we can move onto the next phase...

ps. see the Development Discussions for a well-written outline of proposal ideas that SDJX22 has written.

DeletedUser5046

gee david....let runeneo go...

the inventory searcher is actually one lil uhm...idea that has to be done and voted for after those pending big ideas that are still discussed since last year....

DeletedUser8054

Angel, it's his life he's wasting, not mine some I'm fine ^^