Inventory Search Functions & Categories

DeletedUser22493

Idea title:
Inventory Search Functions & Categories

Details of idea:

Id like an extended search function in the inventory, allowing me to not only search for specific items, but also item groups such as the ones listed below:
- Fort Battle Buffs
- Duel Buffs
- Motivation Buffs
- Energy Buffs
- Health Buffs
- Travel Speed Buffs
- Prem Feature Buffs
- Work Instructions

In addition id like some more categories within the product section in the inventory, separating the following:
- Recipes
- Usable items
- Products with stats
- Quest items (unsalable items)
- Items containing items (Chests, Branding Irons, Bond Letters, etc..)

Lastly, within each section there should be various choices as to what order the items are sorted:
- Sort items by level
- Sort items alphabetically
- Sort items by date added
- Sort items by amount

Reasons for submitting:
It's an absolute clutter with all these different items stocked into one section, even with the search function, unless you remember the names of what your looking for, it takes too long to find.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser33342

I like the idea,
but mayby there are many divisions. Why don't you propose the system of the wandering trader?

- chests
- consumable
- buffs
- equipment
- misc

DeletedUser30224

A very similar idea has already been submitted, I'll link this one to it as well when you guys iron out all the fine detail.
Proposal

DeletedUser22493

Thanks ZD, they both aims for the same thing.

@ Allmar
Im not sure if you understood the suggestion, I only want to split the product section into 5 new categories. And I think the nugget shop setup is less than ideal, and should be grouped in the same way.

When this inventory system was made, the game had only half of the items we have now.

DeletedUser33342

I agree Rebow,

something that's not clear to me, what will you do in this case:
fortbattle buffs are frequently also hp buffs,
same as energy, motivation and duel buffs.

DeletedUser35968

I don't have much products in my inventory, yet I find it difficult to select the correct one. The main problem comes when we forget the name of the product (its common with thousands of products in this game). So it would be good to add those search criteria.

DeletedUser22493

@ Allmar
Buffs with multiple attributes such as the "Coffee" buff which has +25% Energy bonus, +5% Duel mot & +5% Work mot would appear in 4 searches, if searching for the words "Coffee", "Energybuff", "Workbuff" or "Duelbuff"

DeletedUser22685

An improved search function is definitely needed, but I don't think it has to be as complicated as placing buffs into categories. All it would take is for the search function to include the text from the buff's effect description, just like it includes text from item skill and attribute bonuses.

That exact idea was posted recently and can be found here. Either of the two changes would be an improvement on what we have now, but I think that one is the simplest and most logical.

DeletedUser22493

Sorry if I was unclear, but the buffs wont be put into new categories, just in the search function.

These are the new categories I want products split into:
- Recipes
- Usable items
- Products with stats
- Quest items (unsalable items)
- Items containing items (Chests, Branding Irons, Bond Letters, etc..)

DeletedUser33342

I don't know if somebody already mentioned it, but mayby you could also propse to set the items in alphabetical order? :)

DeletedUser27501

the only trouble i have about inventory/market is that i`m too lazy to search on tw-db for recipes that i need for my level and since the image of the recipe was covered by that cookie it`s very hard to spot a blacksmith recipe because even the description is cutted by market...they should add a profession tag like blacksmith...

DeletedUser33342

You have troubles with finding blacksmith recipes in inventory?
Sorry but I guess you need new glasses or a better screen.
vy9hj.jpg

but as you said, this is not very comfortable.
cMNIb.jpg

DeletedUser22493

I don't know if somebody already mentioned it, but mayby you could also propse to set the items in alphabetical order? :)

Yeah, I agree, should be a function to do that too. Overall, I just want rework of the whole inventory categorizing system, making finding what I need more efficient.

DeletedUser33342

I see no 'contra's' on this actually. Do we really need a vote?

DeletedUser35968

I like to see the high level (based on level of player) on the first row rather than seeing the low level items.

e.g, Level 90 player sees in pants section--> 90 level pants, 88 level pants, 75 level .. .so son... and 1 level pants at last.
if he has 91 level pants it will be shown after the lowest!