Invalid loggin

Wondertje

So, every single day around the same time, I experience an "invalid login error" and have to log out and back in again. This coincides with the receiving of daily login bonus. Is there a way to make the bonus be given to an already online character to prevent this? Also, today it happened middle of a fort fight which definitely shouldn't happen!

Regards,
Wondertje

Slygoxx

The West Team
Marshal
Do you click on something that might trigger this or does it just come out of nowhere?

Wondertje

It happens when I click something, like opening inventory, opening town, opening saloon - the first new action after a certain time of day (when daily login bonus is given I presume) it will tell me the session is invalid and log me out. After this when I log in, I get the daily login bonus, 100% of the time. It never happens when it's not connected to login bonus.

Today I clicked saloon during fort fight when it happened.

DeletedUser35120

It happens generally when one doesn't logout and just close tab.. along with the event of logging in through bookmarks (If you have cookies saved on your system, one can just directly goto "https://en16.the-west.net/game.php" for example.

I've seen that this error doesn't occur at some point of the day when you login through the west homepage.

Wondertje

In general I never ever close my browser and I'm logged on 100% of the time apart from when this happens and I need to relog. But it's true, it doesn't happen those few times when I relog for other reasons, because then I get the login bonus as soon as I login.

Slygoxx

The West Team
Marshal
Sounds like it's not a bug. Sessions expire at some point for security reasons, the game doesn't always know it though. When you do something after it expires it kicks you out, forcing you to login again (and you'll get your login bonus in the process). Logging out and in frequently will be a way around this.

Lucky Cro

Problem is what you said... You're logged in 100 % of time, 24 / 7.. all the time, never log out unless game kicks you.

If today you log in at 2 pm and never log out, at some point after being logged in for over 24 hrs (after 2 pm next day) on first action you do, game will kick you out and you get that Invalid message.

It isn't connected with daily log in bonus, you can get daily log in bonus (for that day) at any point from server midnight and during next 24 hrs. At what point of day during those 24 hrs you will get it, depends on when you log into.

You just have to re-log into game more than once during day and your problem is solved.

Wondertje

I personally think that 24 hours is really fast to expire the login session, but I can accept that it works that way. I'll just have to keep login in once a day and it will work just fine :)