Introduce Custom/Group Chats

DeletedUser

Proposal
Proposal to introduce Group Chats/Customised Chats. A player who creates a Customised/Group Chat can add people into the chat, the people only who he wants to be included in the conversation are included and its guarded from public eye.

Current Workaround
None whatsoever. When 3 people in different alliances wish to have a conversation with each other, either they have to create 3 individual 'whisper' chats or use the general chat which does not give the privacy intended.

Details
What I am suggesting is that there should be a feature enabling such chats which one can start by clicking on chat settings. The creator may add more people to the chat, but only those people he likes to have a discussion with. This will give a lot more privacy and advantage to the users. The different areas in which it will help are :-

Discussions between a group of leaders in an alliance - Fort Strategies, Diplomacy and Important decisions can be made and discussed in a lot more easier and advantageous system like a customised chat. There are often njubs interrupting the alliance chats by spamming "Selling Howdah 2.5m cheap!!" et cetera. Also spying can be reduced to a great extent.

Discussions among friends in different alliances - There are always some friends in different alliances you wish to chat with together, however the current chat system does not favor this unless you use the General Chat.

Item trading among a group of people - Say a group of people are arranging a trade amongst each other. What they have to do in order to keep the thing away from the public eye at the moment is create a town and join there for a day in order to get everything sorted out. The customised chat aids these too.

Camping a town : Players from different towns camping a common town - Strategies etc can be discussed within the campers via the chat. The duels can be shared so that aim/dodge positions can be generalised amongst the members.

Also it would help in a lot more cases, these were the ones which came up in my mind.

Visual Aids

cuv3hsW.png

wRnDbrl.png

Summary
This idea should make the already much flexible chat system a lot more flexible and remove the few loopholes it has.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes/No
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? Yes/No

Apelatia

We already have a feature which enables us to have group chats Mj. You needs must type /join (Name of the room) + (You can add another name as a password after it should you wish to keep people out of the room). The person who types /join (Chat room name) first has the privileges that a hat would have in town or alliance chat, giving them the ability to set topics.

No from me for this idea, as we already have it, though it wasn't publicized very well.

DeletedUser

We already have a feature which enables us to have group chats Mj. You needs must type /join (Name of the room) + (You can add another name as a password after it should you wish to keep people out of the room). The person who types /join (Chat room name) first has the privileges that a hat would have in town or alliance chat, giving them the ability to set topics.

No from me for this idea, as we already have it, though it wasn't publicized very well.

True that, however most of the people do not know about this. It would be better if it was simplified like this.

Apelatia

I think that the improvements that you suggested could be good and would make the use of this feature more widespread, but aren't really very necessary.

DeletedUser

I think that the improvements that you suggested could be good and would make the use of this feature more widespread, but aren't really very necessary.

I do think that the widespread use of this chat will benefit a lot later on..just and IMHO.

DeletedUser22685

I agree, people often struggle with this now and it'd make it a lot more popular if people could see a straightforward way to do it.

MFRavenhawk

I am interested in this option as well...something that makes personalized chats easier to accomplish anyways...since following your instructions always result in system error.

Creating the new room isnt difficult...but joining one set up by another, even when given the simple name and no password is proving impossible.

By your instructions, one play should be able to type [ /join Room Alpha] to create or join said custom room.

First person (room creator) can do this without a problem. Its when others try to join, that the system message of "You are babbling incoherently" or "Your room is either full or you entered the wrong password" that problems exist.

Or is there a different instruction that needs to be entered to join a created custom room?

MFRavenhawk

Then that is an issue that should be looked into...because on every world a couple friends of mine and I play on, you can create a custom private chat room...but no one else can enter it even when there is no password and a very simple name.

DeletedUser

Then that is an issue that should be looked into...because on every world a couple friends of mine and I play on, you can create a custom private chat room...but no one else can enter it even when there is no password and a very simple name.

It was because of these controversies that I proposed the idea.

DeletedUser30224

This idea is eligible to be moved for a vote.

Introvert MJ, let me know if you want more time for discussion or if you want this idea polled.

DeletedUser30224

I have some problems creating a poll in the Development section. Working on it.

DeletedUser30224

This proposal is now up for a vote!

Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator: