Intro to RPing RP

• Thread starter Deleted User - 819397
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Annabel ran to the out house, after being helped up. She only found a bucket and puked inside it. She never wanted to drink a strong beer again, she walked back in the door,

Deleted User - 819397

(sorry for the delay on posting…I've been super busy and been trying to tackle one RP a night)

Regal smiled as Dimmae walked in. "It's been ages! Good to see you again…you haven't been around since Ghosts ended, right?" He ignored the situation with Catherine, as it didn't seem to involve him much. "Well, I can say that anything you were in would likely not be able to be revived, and it tends to be a bit more trouble than it's worth to try…Ghosts was a good example…we all wanted that one back up, but it didn't get much farther than a limping pace, and it died rather quickly. Plus with multiple people gone from your time here…David, James, Peril, etc…it'd be nigh on impossible to get things kicking there. You're more than welcome to sign up for anything new though, of course…Tiran excluded, as that one's an experiment with a joint OP style, and I'd rather not add more people playing on that one if at all possible right now. Otherwise though, I think everything's open, right guys?" He projected to the room at large at the last one, taking the ensuing thought to continue his work.

DeletedUser

(That's fine.)
Catherine sighed, silently she felt like her stomach would explode. Though she kept it in, she moved her stool to the wall and laid back.

DeletedUser28032

Braet was annoyed. He'd been annoyed for quite some time now and was drumming his fingers upon the bar with a look on his face that said that murder was a very real possibility at the moment.
Draining his pint, he rise's from his chair and heads for the door pausing only to throw his notebook and pencil into the bin before walking out into the street without uttering a single word.

Apelatia

Apel sighed outwardly as he sipped his fruit tea. He'd been planning for over a week now to write something is Letramenia, and nothing was coming to him. The whole plot had posed a problem to him, and now he was struggling over what to write. Braet had just walked out of the Saloon looking rather moody, which was understandable... The activity in the section had decreased drastically over the past fortnight; all sorts of activities taking the place of the usual ebb and flow of role-playing. Yawning, Apel looked up at Regal and asked for a refill, placing his mug up on the bar, which was just to the side of his chair. "Poor Braet is frustrated I think folks." He announced to the Saloon "We need something to cheer the old chap up!"

DeletedUser31931

Zem rode up, it had been a long day, it was the first time he'd returned to the salon after the Irulia argument. He jumped off his horse and tied her up just in time to see Braet leave, seeing the man throw the book and pencil into the bin before walking out. With a tip of his hat to braet, he walked into the saloon and stooped over the bin, fishing the book out. "Let's see what he's got planned..." Zem murmured to himself as he pulled out a stool from under the bar and sat down.

Last edited by a moderator:

fossil1999

Name: fossil1999.
Role: Uncertain.

Biography: Tried to visit RP town around '11-12, but I did not seem to impress the locals, so I left back to Golden City. After a few years I left for the tin mines and now I come back:
(My thoughts) "Now I have some fancy dress, I hope to make more of an impression."

Having left my horse outside the town, I tiredly walk through it, dust in my mouth, both canteens dry as a bone, without seeing anyone. But I can also hear the clatter of glasses in the saloon. I desperately need some liquid so I stand in front of the door, take a deep breath(and risking dust in my lungs) I enter and cough by accident.

Last edited:

DeletedUser31931

Zem finished writing and called across the bar. "I did it Apel! I figured out what yous said an I reacted on it!" Then as the stranger entered, Zem looked round in interest. "Hello stranger. How long you been round these parts then? I don't think I've met you before."

Apelatia

His head still hurting from the flu that had decided to descent on him the other day, Apel attempted to produce a half smile as a newcomer entered the saloon. In fact, he recognised the man, since they had held numerous communications over the course of the last week regarding invitations to town parties and the like. Raising his hand, he waved in the direction of the young man.

What happened next though confused Apel, causing him to raise his head to a questioning way to look across the bar to Zem. Talking in a croaky voice, one symptom of his sore throat, he asked, "What? What did I say? I'm lost..." He would wait for the excited Zem to explain his sudden outburst...

fossil1999

"Nods at Zem." Howdy to you too, I don't think I have met you either. I was once in these parts around two or three years ago, were you around then? Also this fella here(me) needs a drink. I am parched, it sure is a long way from the mines.

"Waves at Apel and sits down on a bar stool near the two men."
Do you have any Iced Water Bartender?

DeletedUser

"Regal got no iced water, got no ice. Or water." Tyger stepped out of the shadows and over to the bar, throwing back a shot of whiskey held in his hand he chucked the glass out towards the door, before holding out a badly bruised hand towards the newcomer, whose name seemed familiar. "Y'know, was a long time ago, but I think I remember you. You were here back when I was still a right n00b. You remember me?"

fossil1999

"Hot Whiskey then." Fossil looked at Tyger. "I think I remember a king of the hill mental game you started the last time I was around, I may have took the hill from you."

DeletedUser

Tyger laughed, a kind of sick and twisted echoing sound that could either be laugh or the death rattle of a madman. After signalling to Regal for another whiskey, Tyger spoke again. "Yeah, that's right. I remember. Long time ago. I"m pretty sure I took the hill from you as well." Taking a breath, Tyger's eyes narrowed. "Whatever happened to that hill anyhow?"

fossil1999

"I think you kept the hill." I say with a grin as I down a shot of Whiskey. "Anyhow, what do you say to another Whiskey, Regal? Make sure I don't get blind drunk." I tap my finger on the counter.

DeletedUser

Well, hello there young man. I am certain we have not met before, as I was not here when you came through town before. My name is Chloe, and I am pleased to meet you. What did you say your name was?

Deleted User - 819397

Regal nodded easily as calls for whisky came around, pouring the drinks and passing them out, working with the precision of one who clearly had years of practice. "Fossil…it's been quite a while…" the man spoke softly. "If I recall you left a long while back…what facilitated your return?" After listening to his answer, the bartender sighed and spoke up. "Things are quite a bit different now than when you left…quality is a lot higher nowadays, something I'm rather proud of. The rules have been added onto a bit as well, so I'd recommend you read through them again if you haven't already. In general though, so long as you put time and effort into your posts, you'll be fine." He thought for a moment, then added, "Also, the rest of us all use third person to denote our characters. If you want to use first that's your prerogative, it doesn't hurt anything." He suddenly seemed to become embarrassed by how much he'd been talking and quickly grabbed a dirty glass and cleaning rag, scrubbing to give himself something else to do.

fossil1999

"Thanks people. Chloe, Fossil is the name. What can I do for you? Also Regal, any food on the menu? Or can you point me to somewhere with food on the menu?" The newcomer drawled.

DeletedUser

Chloe smiled as Fossil introduced himself. "Fossil, we are glad you stopped back in. I am pretty new in town, but I truly love it here." Chloe's smile grew even wider, as she thought about all the new friends she had found, and how welcome she had been made to feel here. "Do you have plans to stay a while, or are you just passing through?"

DeletedUser

Name: Hurakan
Role: Newcomer
Bio: Hurakan is a wanderer and has just recently made his way into town.

Hurakan, riding upon a horse the color of midnight and dressed in formal attire slowly makes his way into town after being on the trail for what seems like an eternity. Looking at the buildings he wonders what sort of people call this place home. Then he spots the local watering hole. "Ah, thats what I need." He whispers to his dark steed. Sliding off the saddle his well worn boots make a dull thud as they strike the ground and with an arch of the back he has a quick stretch and heads toward the saloon. As Hurakan nears the entrance he brushes the dust off his shoulders and gives his hat a couple of shakes before pushing the doors open and stepping inside. Once his eyes adjust he glances around to make note of those present then walks to the bar and takes a cigar and match from his vest pocket and with a flick of a thumbnail the end of the match snaps to life ever so quickly lighting the darkness under the brim of his hat. He takes a steady pull from the cigar and exhales a plume of smoke into air above him.

Deleted User - 819397

Regal looked up as an unfamiliar face entered the saloon. He smiled slightly, putting the rag he had been using to clean a glass away, setting the still smudged glass next to him lest he forget to finish cleaning it later. He was slightly surprised that none of the regular occupants of the saloon had intercepted the man on his way over to the bar, but supposed it was a busy time of year and that they'd rather focus on their drinks than unknown faces. That left it up to him to greet the man, something he was glad to do. "Hello there, stranger. Welcome to the Campfire Saloon. My name's Regal, I'm in charge of this area, though I'm happiest when I don't need to step in to handle troubles…after all this is a place to relax, unwind, and enjoy good words, not argue and fight each other. What do you want to drink? You can have it while you tell us something about yourself." His tone was arm and friendly, clearly at perfect ease with this stranger.

Status
Not open for further replies.