Intro to RPing RP

• Thread starter Deleted User - 819397
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Catherine sighed the angered look on her face had gone. She felt as if she was reliving the moment, after that she began to head towards the door. She got to the saloon's porch and sat on the steps, soon another Irish voice came to her it was a man who was a bit older than her, the Irish cowhand sat by her and asked "You okay there lass?" Catherine nodded beside her tears. The man who some of his friends called Artur or Arty, shook his head as he said "No you're not lass..." Catherine then said getting impatient muttered "My names Catherine if you don't mind." Artur nodded and sat by her and put an arm on shoulder, looking at her face. Catherine was a beautiful girl, but that was taken away from Artur as his buddies called him over. Catherine waved, as Arty went to herd cattle.

DeletedUser28032

Catching sight of the girls hand gripping the knife on her belt a small smile touches Braet's lips as he pulls back one side of the long duster coat he wore to reveal the large revolver on his hip "No need for that love, we're all friends here" despite the smile and the hint of good humour in his voice the look in his eyes was more than enough to tell her that he was confident in his ability to win any fight that came his way. Feeling that he had more than made his point he lets the coat fall closed once again before signalling for another drink "So tell me how you came to be the lucky survivor?"

DeletedUser

Catherine smiled a little, and said in a whispery like tone "I escaped..." Catherine sighed she still didn't like the looks of Braet. Nor the fact, he was drinking so much. Yet she smiled showing no signs of nervousness or suspicion. Catherine then asked curiously "Where are you from?" She moved a little closer cautiously. Still, she wasn't to sure about the men who were around her, yet she was sure about the fellow newcomer. Even though he afraid, she respected it.

DeletedUser28032

Shrugging off his confusion regarding the sudden and rather unexpected arrival and subsequent disappearnace of the cow herd Braet forges onwards, offering the new a friendlier smile than the last one as he spoke "I am from Lincolnshire, fields as far as the eyes can see, and yourself?" he asked taking a mouthful of his drink before setting it down on the bar, politley listening to whatever answer she gave him.

DeletedUser

Catherine smiled and said "I'm from Ireland... Dalkey to be exact." She looked at Braet, a smile of interest and not fear on her face. She then said knowing he may have been confused on the location of Dalkey "It's the farming side of Ireland." She soon let go of her knife, sitting back a little, but falling off the stool.

DeletedUser35174

Jon sat in silence for most of the time, newcomers..introductions. He ignored it, he would get to know them later on. He watched as the scene unfolded with the girl and Braet. Chuckling as Braet says he's from lincolnshire. "I'm from Ireland... Dalkey to be exact." the girl says. "Dalkey eh, im from Monaghan meself, not too far from dalkey. A wee bit up north." jon introduced himself, "name's jon" he added.

DeletedUser

Catherine smiled as she got up and sat back on the stool , she smiled at Jon and said "My names Catherine." She was wondering why so many people especially guys were talking to her. Where she was from, women were in a different room then boys. Yet, it was probably the same in the west. After all, a girl from a family of all boys did get tired of being neat and cleaning the house.

DeletedUser

Name: Chloe
Role: Newcomer
Bio: Chloe is a older Grandmother type. She recently wandered into the RP Forum, quite by accident. She has been playing the West for a few years now, and is not sure how she missed this wonderful place, but is very glad she finally found it. She has really no idea whether she will have the skill for RP, but is willing to try.

Chloe looked worried as she got off the well worn seat of her wagon, and tied up her horse to the hinching post. She stopped for a moment to give the horse a scratch behind his dusty ears, and they seemed to draw comfort from each other, as he nuzzled her gently. She took a deep breath, and looked at the swinging doors of the saloon, and almost got back in the wagon. "No", she spoke harshly to herself. She thought how many times in the past few days, she had considered riding into town, and walking through those doors. She wasn't going to stop now. That's it she thought take a deep breath, and just DO IT!

Feeling like each boot had a brick in it, Chloe slowly made her way through the swinging doors. She took a few steps in, and took a look around. It had taken almost all of her courage to walk through those doors, and she felt quite proud of herself. It had been so long since she had talked to a real person. Sure, she could talk quite easily to her horse, Hank, and to her dog, but these were real people, and they looked scary. She hoped no one could see her knees shaking through her long riding skirt.

"Hi, ummmm Mr Bartender, if you please, might I have a drink of water?"

Deleted User - 819397

Regal looked up from yet another glass he was cleaning as a newcomer entered. Rather surprisingly, she was older than most folk who stopped by. The bartender could've sworn he knew every older face in the area, but he couldn't place this one. It was clear she was nervous for some reason, and he did his best to respect that, moving carefully and calmly so as not to scare her further.

She eventually reached the bar and asked for a glass of water. "Of course you can, ma'am," Regal smiled easily, going through motions he'd clearly done countless times before, producing the requested beverage in short order. "Welcome to the Campfire Saloon. I can't say I've seen you around before…please, tell us about yourself…if you're so inclined, of course." He gestured to the room at large as he said the word us, making it clear that the other occupants of the space would be listening to her story…he figured being up front would be best…try to hide information from a nervous person and you ran the risk of losing them.

DeletedUser

As Chloe took the glass of water from the kind young man, she thought he easily could have been her grandson's age. Her careworn face had seen many a year. Her hand trembled slightly as she put the glass to her lips, and drank the cool water down in big gulps. It was the first she'd had to drink since she left the farm, and it tasted wonderful. She had a canteen at home, but of course hadn't remembered to put it in the wagon. It had always been her husband's job to remember those details. And, she knew, were he still alive, that he would have given her an admonishment for being so careless.

"Well, young man...my name is Chloe, and though you haven't seen me here, I have been around these parts for some time." She looked around the room to try and include everyone. Chloe always tried to be polite. But, all these people made her uncomfortable. She just wasn't used to seeing so many at once. So instead, she focused on the smiling bartender, and proceeded with her tale.

"My husband and I moved here some years ago. We bought the farm on the outskirts of town. You may have seen my husband, when he came to trade our goods at the general store. He was a tall thin fella named Jim. He didn't talk much, but was a kind man." At this point, Chloe's knees started shaking so badly, it became visible beneath her tattered skirt. She reached for a chair, and sat down. It took a moment for her to gather herself. She reached for her kerchief, and wiped the dust from her face. This gave her time to decide how much to say.

" Jim didn't like people much, but I sure did love him" Her eyes glazed over for a moment, and then she grinned a bit. One could see she was remembering a fond moment or too. "He loved me too, and was afraid something would happen to me, if he brought me to town. I always thought how nice it would be to meet some folks, and socialize." Chloe knew that if she had pressed the point, that Jim would have reconsidered, but...there were always so many chores to do...and the months turned to years.

Chloe took a deep breath. Here was the hardest thing she ever had to say. "Jim died last spring, right after the planting." She paused for a moment, as the tears welled up. "He caught that fever that went around, and passed away. I dug the grave myself, and gave him a proper burial." Her chin jutted out, and she quickly surveyed the room occupants, to see if anyone was going to deny that fact. But, the room was quiet. Everyone seemed interested and sympathetic.

"I kept saying to myself that I was going to come to town, but there was always one more thing to do. Not sure why....but today was the day".

Apelatia

Apel looked up from his seat beside a table to see a newcomer walk into the Saloon. She looked nervous, which was to be expected... He had been upon his arrival... The woman proceeded to talk to Regal and asked for a glass of water, which he soon gave to her. Apel listened intently as she then recounted her life story, and talked at length about her husband, who had died at some point along the way. Feeling the need to introduce himself, he cleared his voice, then began, "You have my full sympathy Chloe. My name is Apelatia, but Apel will be fine. It's nice to meet you." She looked nice enough, so he decided to continue. "Make yourself at home here. I for certain would love to have you about, as I'm sure the others would too." He smiled at her, then returned to his drink.

DeletedUser

Chloe's eyes had now grown accustomed to the lower light in the saloon, and turned toward the sound of a voice being cleared. Oh! It was another young lad, and he called himself Apel. He told me to make myself at home, and made me feel welcome. "Why thank you Apel, it is nice to meet you as well.” Regal and Apel both seemed real warm and genuine people. However, Chloe noticed that Apel was somewhat cautious, as the door was visible from his seat at one of the tables. And, Chloe approved of this. In this day and age, young people need to be extra careful, or they could be shot and dead before they knew it.

It was bittersweet seeing both young men. They both reminded her of her grandson that she had not seen in many long years. All she had was an old photograph of her daughter holding her infant grandson. Chloe had this picture in a locket that she wore around her neck. Someday, she would go back east, and find them. She was sure of it. Meanwhile, she decided to stay awhile, and maybe get to know these new people. Perhaps a few more would say hi. She looked around the room once more, and thought perhaps they were not as scary as she had first thought.

Deleted User - 819397

Regal listened politely to the newcomer, who had introduced herself as Chloe. "I'm sorry for your loss," he politely stated, inclining his head out of respect for the departed. He then closed his eyes for a moment, then nodded. "Now then, if I may, your style of writing is excellent. Good length, detail…you definitely have a good grasp of the basics. The only thing I see as POTENTIALLY being an issue is what you said about the room being quiet and everyone listening. While that's a fair assumption in this case, it's generally wise to not make assumptions about the other PCs, or Player Characters…it's a fine line between assuming something that the other character 'should' be doing and straight out controlling their character for them, something we frown on. Like I said, what you did wasn't a problem, I'm just pointing it out as something to use sparingly. Otherwise, I currently see no issues with your style of writing."

The bartender stopped speaking, then opened his eyes. "Well then, Chloe, on behalf of the community we have here at the Campfire Saloon, I, Regal, welcome you. You're welcome to stay as long as you'd like…" he paused, then turned to the room at large. "I'm trying to think of what all is open at the moment. Tiran isn't, beyond that I'm not sure. Chains of Arunsia, or CoA, as we call it, is on a brief hiatus because I'm really struggling with coming up with a good way to say something I absolutely need to have in my next post, but if you're willing to give it a shot, shoot me a PM. Also, feel free to meet up with us all in the room next door, the Active section…it's our general discussion place, and the best way to get information about ongoing and upcoming RPs, as well as the best place to get quick feedback from the entire group. If you have any questions, you're more than welcome to PM me. If you want to keep testing yourself here, then by all means feel free to do so…I'll be in character from now on if that's what you want to do." His speech over, he grabbed the glass he'd been cleaning when Chloe had entered the saloon and resumed his work.

DeletedUser

Dimmae rode her long-legged gelding into town with her hat pulled low and a kerchief around her nose. It was a dusty, dry day, and the sun seemed to beat at her back. She was dressed simply in pants and a checkered shirt; her usual cowherd outfit. She had come into town from the ranch for some personal supplies, but she needed something to drink first. Her throat felt dry and as dusty as the road.

Her horse she left at the livery stable, giving him a rub-down and a small bit of oats. She patted his neck before heading towards the Saloon. She hadn't actually been inside before, her chores keeping her from it. She had to watch herself sometimes, her drinking had been a problem before.

Her long blonde braid swung as she walked to the saloon, lowering the kerchief from her face. She adjusts the two pistols on her belt as she looks up and down the road, and looks curiously at the animals on the saloon's hitching post. Lots of visitors today it seemed. She takes a breath and pushes through the swinging doors, letting her eyes adjust to the lower light before sidling up to the bar.

She gives Regal a familiar nod and orders a sarsaparilla, her eyes taking in the people gathered there. She didn't see too many familiar faces, except for Regal. A few she had met briefly in roleplays, but she did not see Alawa, who was her friend. She sits easily on a stool, propping a spurred foot on the low base of the bar.

She keeps quiet for now, having come in amid low conversations around her. There was new faces, including a nice-seeming older woman at the bar, looking a bit nervous. She loved to hear talk of roleplay, finding it a fun and easy hobby. She found it refreshing and fun, and always a learning experience. Perhaps today she would hear about a new one to join, as her roleplay activities had been lacking of late; work and a husband kept her busy.

((OOC: Hey guys. Haven't been around for a while and never actually posted in here before. :) Hope to find some roleplays to join, though it would be nice if some of the older ones that I was in were reborn/restarted. Glad to see you all!))

DeletedUser

"I'm sorry for your loss..." Regal said, then he went back to cleaning his glass. Chloe jumped as she heard someone enter the saloon. She sees a woman with blond hair come to the bar and order a sarsaparilla from Regal. No time like the present to try and make a new friend. "Hi, my name is Chloe, and it's nice to meet you. I like that checkered shirt that you are wearing, it looks good on you." Chloe was so unused to conversation, that she didn't know what else to say, and reached for her locket to give it a rub.

DeletedUser

Dimmae was surprised at the quickness of the older woman's interest. She smiles softly. "Oh this old thing?" She plucks at the fabric. "Just a workin' shirt; but thank you. It's nice to meet you as well Miss Chloe. My name is Dimmae." Her pale blue eyes spot the item in the woman's hand. "That's a beautiful locket."

DeletedUser

Catherine heard the talking of the older woman and she said with an Irish accent "Names... Catherine Matson..." She then heard of her husband's death and said "I am terribly sorry for your loss." She sat back, in the stool, soon falling back. She hasn't quite learned to do this.

DeletedUser35174

After the irish girl introduced herself, another newcomer walked in, this time an old lady, who looked as if she would jump at the slightest tap. She slowly tells them about her life, the death of her husband, and how she finally decided to head into town. After that yet another newcomer walked in, but by the looks of her she had been in the section before. "sorry for your loss, lass" says jon, tipping his hat. Calling her lass even thought she was old enough to be his grandmother. "jon's the name" he adds with a nod to both girls.

DeletedUser

Catherine smiled at Jonduan, she was pulling herself up from the floor, soon a nauseas feeling came through her gut. She wasn't feeling good, she'd drank to much. She moaned silently, she never liked being the center of attention.

DeletedUser

What pretty blue eyes Dimmae has, Chloe thought. And, she noticed my locket. Before she had a chance to respond, an Irish gal and a nice young man, introduced themselves, and offered their condolences. Chloe grinned at hearing herself referred to as a lass. What a charmer. And then the poor girl, Catherine, fell.

"Nice to meet you Catherine, here, let me help you up." As she offered Catherine a hand, she turned to Jon, "pleased to make your acquaintance, Jon."

"Dimmae, what a lovely name. Thank you for noticing my locket, it is my favorite possession, and is very special to me. And, I have rubbed it so much, why... the design has just about worn off."

Status
Not open for further replies.