Intro to RPing RP

• Thread starter Deleted User - 819397
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Tiger turned around to face Zemmy. "My housemate? What, you mean the house that I uh... y'know, when my smokin' got all flamy. Y'know, the flames, the screaming of my housemate as he was burnt to death.... is that what you was talkin' about?"

DeletedUser31931

Zem's face turned a shade paler and he spoke quickly to the newcomer, "Oh yeah, one last word of advice. Don't trust Braet or Tiger, they are selective psychopaths." He grinned at tiger, whilst his other hand subtly checked his revolver was still there.

Apelatia

Apel looked up from his usual seat at a table in the corner of the saloon, watching the newcomer as he confidently walked in and asked for a drink. "A warm welcome to you, my friend!" Apel called from the corner. Returning his attention to the glass of milk in front of him, his ears ed up when he heard Zem mention to steer clear of Braet and Tiger, calling them selective psychopaths. Apel chuckled,"You think they are psychopaths Zem! What is Johann then?!?"

Deleted User - 819397

Regal chuckled as the others started naming each other psychopaths. "Enough guys, we're all a little nasty in the RPs...after all, what fun would it be if everything went perfectly and everyone got along constantly?" As he talked, the bartender's hands were working with trained precision as he made the drink the newcomer had requested. "Welcome to the Campfire, stranger. Lord Regal at your service, though please just call me Regal...everyone here does. Zem and Tiger are right, the special does tend to...overwhelm...people, but I promise it's a ride worth taking. It takes a while to prepare, though, so while you wait, tell us a bit about yourself! A name's a good place to start, though I don't think any of us know anything about you, so anything you're willing to share would be helpful."

DeletedUser

Gun for Hire

The man slowly reached down letting his left hand rest by his colt six shooter as men began to approach him. This is either the friendliest bar around or I’m about to be in the fight of my life he thought. “Jim Red Eye is my name but majority of people call me Red.” Turning towards Zem, “I came from out east, been traveling west as long as I can remember.”He paused briefly taking a drag on his cigarette. “Looking for a spot of adventure, maybe a little trouble to get my nose in,” he continued. Another man approached and both men seemingly tried to warn him of the house special. Putting his cigarette down red produced another never leaving his hand from his guns side. He offered it to the new man who introduced himself as Tiger. “Be careful now,” he teased, “These here are real cowboy killers.” A man setting over at a corner table said hello, and threw a jab into the conversation. Red turned and eyed his glass of milk before turning back to the barkeep. He explained himself once again to the bar tender just as he had to Zem. Throwing in “You know of any adventures I could jump into?”

DeletedUser28032

Braet eased one of the large calibre revolvers from out of its holster to rest upon his leg under the table, watching the newcomer’s hand resting upon the handle of his gun.
Picking up the pencil stub with his free hand he quietly wonders whether to continue writing in the small black bound notebook; the words "Write reply for Tiran" having been scrubbed out with several broad pencils stroke to be replaced by a second note that simply stated "Kill Zem" or to write a letter to Alawa, eventually opting for the note book. Upon hearing Red's question the pencil momentarily pauses as he replies "I'd be happy enough to have you in either of mine though I have to warn you the posting rate can be slow...as for the others you'd have to ask the respective GM's"

Deleted User - 819397

Regal listened politely to Red's story, nodding as he processed the information. He chuckled as he saw Braet's expression upon Zem telling him to post in Tiran. "You know, he's not the only one eager to keep that one going," he called, grinning. "Ah, there we go. House special finished. I'd drink it slowly if I were you...the combination of real fruit and alcohol fermented to just the right degree make for a famously potent drink."

He sighed, thinking about which RPs were open. "Well, like Braet said both his are open...as we've discussed privately already Chains is open, and you've already put in a character there...I know Fall From Grace is closed as that RP is in the finale right now...I also consider Tiran closed to newer people, since that's the longest ongoing RP we've had, and it's fairly sacred to most of the vets here. I can't comment on Irulia though...Zem, care to put your input on the table there?"

DeletedUser31931

"Yeah, considering the current situation, I doubt you could join yet, but maybe in a short while, as I have no idea as to how I'd work you into the story. Maybe when we reach a city." Zem replied having heard Regal's short speech and having pondered it for a bit. "Also, if I'm in Tiran, does that mean I'm officially a vet?"

Deleted User - 819397

Regal thought for a moment. "You've been here what...two years now?" The question appeared to be rhetorical, as he pressed on almost immediately. "Yeah, I'd say you've earned that right...you've certainly put in the time and effort to improve from where you started, and you're consistently active...so yeah, I'd say so."

He turned back to the newcomer. "Anyway, just a couple of preliminary comments about your RPing style. I've noticed in each of your posts, you've either given it a title, one of the optional header pictures, or both. Don't feel the need to do that...most of us don't. If you want to then there's nothing wrong with that, but you don't need to feel obligated. Also, toward that end, you're using a custom font and font size as well. Again, that's personal preference, but you don't have to if you don't want to. Typically if anything I just change the color of the text to match my character in some way, but I don't do that for every RP. Otherwise, I like your attention to detail about your character...the pause you did to take a puff on your cigarette...that was well done. The subtle things tell a lot about a character. I'll have more to say as we continue to go through both this and Chains, but my preliminary thoughts are that you're doing well thus far."

DeletedUser28032

"Yeah I know" Braet sighs from his dark corner "I've been too busy writing in Zem's romcom and my own games to give much thought as to where I am taking Tiran" a small smile coming to his face, he'd been finding the shenanigans of the male characters within that game highly amusing as of late.

DeletedUser31931

"It is not a romcom!" Zem demanded angrily when braet had finished, then his face softened and he spoke again, "Ok, maybe it is. BUT NOT FOR LONG!"

Apelatia

Apel's head perked up when he heard mention of the 'Romcom' and Zem's intention to destroy it. "Oh? How exactly do you intend to that then Zem?" Apel chuckled, winking slyly at Braet as he did that.

DeletedUser31931

Zem turned on Apel. "Well that's for me to know and you to find out!" he said before storming out of the bar and mounting his horse riding off. He'd calm down later but now he was irritated.

DeletedUser

Red twirled his glass slowly, contemplating Braet’s offers of adventures while metaphorically adjusting the weights on his scale, otherwise known as life and his commitments to previous engagements. As he thought, the men continued to talk. Inhaling a final drag, he pushed his cigarette into the ash tray and lifted his glass downing the barkeeps concoction. It was an avalanche of lava warming his gullet and lungs. He exhaled a stiff odor of alcohol as Zem fled from the bar. He returned the glassware to the counter while turning towards Braet, “I’ll have to look into your tales.” His hands produced a sum of money as he asked, “A round for my new friends, and one to ensure Zems brisk return.”

DeletedUser

Name: Introvert Mj (Call me Mj, it's easier)
Role: Newcomer
Bio: Mj may be a veteran of the game, however he never really paid that much attention to the forums. It was only until one day he was stuck on a part of the game that he cared to peek in and ask in the 'Questions and Guides' Section. However, soon after a few occasional visits to the forum, the warm-hearted folk won over him and he paid more attention, making quite a few friends in the meantime. On his first peek into the 'Campfire stories' section, he was at a loss for words. The quality of the writeups and the imaginative mindset of the people made him read a lot of their writings. It was only then that he felt an urge to join the good people on their RP's. Eager, but a bit lacking in confidence, he decided to try it out.

The storm raged on like never before. The rain fell down upon the prairie in big, round drops as the wind blew on. Mj, the cowboy rode upon his horse as fast as he could. The night was dark and cold and the rain fell down upon him like icicles from the sky. His coat was dripping and weighed him down. He pulled his hat as low over his face as he could, taking care not to hamper his vision. He was tired. His legs were numb and his hands hurt after holding onto the reins for hours. Drat!, though he, I need to find some place to rest my legs for a while or I'll die out of overexertion. A faint light from a cluster of houses nearby made him ride towards them as fast as he could. As he approached it, the source of the light became clearer and he saw that it came from a Saloon. Ah!, thought he. The perfect place to have a rest!. He quickly got down and tied his horse to the shaded post nearby, taking care to tie strongly.

Pushing the door open noisily and without taking a look of his surroundings, he went promptly to the Coat hanger and hung up his wet and heavy coat. Taking off his hat he set it on another rung. Phew! He was glad to get the burden off him. Panting and turning towards the room, he saw a few faces staring at him. Embarrassed, he ignored them and walked over to the counter. The warm smile of the bartender welcomed him. Setting a coin on the counter, he gave his order. It was plain old scotch, a bit strong. As the bartender preceded to pour the drink, the cowboy took a look of the surroundings.

The room was warm. There was a fire crackling in the fireplace. He watched the embers burning and felt the warmth creep into his body. He relaxed himself. The sound of the people talking in soft notes felt like music to his ears after such a tedious journey. The rain could hardly be heard inside the saloon, only a soft patter.

His thoughts were interrupted as he saw the barman approaching, with the rich, red drink in his hand. Lifting the glass, he took a long draught. A nice ending to a tiring day, thought he, content with himself as he set the empty glass upon the counter.

Deleted User - 819397

Regal smiled as another newcomer showed up, despite the downpour that had started recently. He paid close attention as the person came to the bar and ordered a scotch. He was about to smile and give his usual welcome spiel when he found himself pouring the drink and delivering it before he had time to open his mouth. Clearing his throat to conceal his surprise, he smiled again. "Welcome stranger, to the Campfire Saloon. This is the place to be to get used to what we do around here. Name's Regal. Why don't you tell us about yourself?" He paused, then added, "Also, one thing to note, it's best not to infer people will do things, whether they be the PC or the NPC, in the format you used. It's all well and good to say that you ordered a drink and then received the drink, as you knew I was going to make and give it to you, but let me say what went on in between. That way if I want to do something in between that time, say, give my welcome, I'm free to do so, rather than locked into what you had designed for me." He smiled. "It's not a big concern, because you didn't have me talk or do something unusual, but it's still something to think about. If it's obvious a request will end up in an action...like you asking for a drink and knowing that as the bartender I will give you the drink, especially since it's a common one, then you're welcome to say that you get the drink, but leave what happens in between up to the person controlling the character, or the OP if it's an NPC." At that, he stretched, then grabbed a rag and a dirty glass and began cleaning, waiting to hear the man's response to both his query and advice.

DeletedUser

"Sorry Regal, that won't happen again", quickly said he, acknowledging his mistake. "As you see I'm rather new to these parts of the country and I'm here to learn" He paused to take a look at the glass the bartender was cleaning and added, "By the way, the name's Introvert Mj, but you can call me Mj for short. I'm really looking forward to learn a few things while I'm here in the town. Anything interesting happening around here?"

Deleted User - 819397

"It's not a problem at all," Regal said warmly, smiling to show he took no offense. "Hmm...as far as RPs to join, pretty much everything is open aside from Tiran...if you join Chains of Arunsia I'll need to think up more Dreams...Jim took the last one I'd made when I created the RP, but I can always make more!" He stretched, then returned to cleaning the glasses. "Any questions you have about anything, you're welcome to PM me...it's my job to help people out in addition to doing the mod work...it's all one thing, really."

DeletedUser

Mj considered the kind bartender's offer. After being silent for a bit, he said, "Thanks for the information Regal, I think I'll do only ROTD for now to sharpen my whetstone you know", laughed Mj. "And of course, mod work must be pretty hard and interesting at the same time eh?", he added with a smile.

DeletedUser28032

Braet's eyes searched the darkness of the bar; his hands resting upon the handles of his guns. He was sure there must be someone around here, but it was so gosh darn quiet.
Fearing that he had wandered into some kind of slasher B-Movie where somekind of armed psycho would emerge out of the darkness he starts backing towards the door. It was quiet...a little too quiet

Status
Not open for further replies.