Intro to RPing RP

• Thread starter Deleted User - 819397
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Apelatia

Jon was his usual self today obviously. While getting up to shake the stranger's hands, he had fallen over and fallen asleep. To make things worse, he was snoring. Apel groaned, while getting up to help his friend. "Wake up you drunk," Apel shouted in Jon's ear while shaking him violently. "Excuse my friend please, he's a bit drunk, as you can tell," Apel said to no one in particular.

DeletedUser28032

Dressed in his worn, duster coat, black hat and faded jeans, Braet had the appearance of a member of the Nephilim as he sat in the shadowy corner of the bar. Only glancing up briefly at the newcomers he returned to alternating between sipping his beer and scribbling in his note book, the corner of his mouth twitching up into a smile as he weaved the fates of those around him with the omnipotence of a dark god thinking darkly to himself they'll never know what has hit them until its too late

DeletedUser35174

Pretty pink ponies were galloping the meadow. Jon happened to be on one of them, his arms outstretched as he whooped and yelled with happiness. The air was fresh and the birds were chirping joyfully. Jon heard a faint voice, he searched around for the source but couldn't find it. Suddenly an invisible force shook him off the pony, as he was falling everything turned black. He opened his eyes and found himself back in reality, He was at the bar lying on the ground. Moaning loudly he tried to get up, he failed the first time but managed it the second. Looking around for the person who woke him up he discovered it was Apel. "oh its you, why did you do that?." he said his words slurred. Not waiting for the reply he half walked half dragged himself back to his chair. "Regal, may i have another bottle please" Jon asked the barkeeper.

Deleted User - 819397

A newcomer entered, but didn't say anything, so Regal kept his silence for the moment. A very inebriated Jon stumbled to the bar and asked for more liquor. "I think you've had far too much already, my friend. I don't want my bar to be known for alcohol poisoning, now do I? A glass of water, I can do. Alcohol? Not a chance. Sorry, but it's for your own good."

Sam J McCord

"Good afternoon, fellers," was what the newcomer had to say as he spoke to the crowd generally.
The Newcomer was dressed in a white shirt unbuttoned on the top collar, with a black stetson, and a long brown overcoat. He had dust all over, it was obvious he'd been riding a long time.
"Name's Sam, Sam McCord. I just rode all this way from the North."

Deleted User - 819397

Slouching up against the bar, Regal smiled easily. "Howdy there, Sam. Welcome to the RPer saloon." A glass appeared in the bartender's hand, almost seeming like magic. "What can I get you?" He hesitated a moment, then spoke again. "One thing I'm noticing right off the bat is you're starting everything aside from a sentence with something to describe yourself. He, The Newcomer, things like that. If you keep up something like that too long, you'll wear your reader out. They know who's doing the action after the first time you mention it, so you don't have to restate it every time. Heck, look how I started this post...you didn't get the name until halfway through the sentence."

The statement was delivered with a smile, showing Sam that the advice was well-intentioned. "Here at the RP saloon, we give newcomers pointers, so don't feel bad if one of us points out something specific to improve on. We all started off somewhere...heck, I was awful when I started. There's always room for improvement though, and it's far better to work on things in here before you head into an actual RP."

After the message had sank in, Regal flourished the glass he'd pulled out. "So now, how about that drink?"

Sam J McCord

Sam nodded to the Barkeep, "Thanks for the good advice, I'll take a Beer, just like we used to drink up in Wisconsin."

DeletedUser35174

Jon scowled and grunted in disappointment when Regal refused to give him a drink. Although he said words of wisdom Jon was as stubborn as he ever was. "Sam, welcome to our glorious section" said Jon. "I hope you stay, I'm opening my own RP as soon as......" Jon couldn't finish his sentence before again collapsing. His head hit the table hard and he fell asleep as soon as it did.

DeletedUser28032

Looking up at the sound of Jon passing out on the bar room floor Braet stuffed the note book into an inside jacket pocket before getting up from out of his seat "Seems our friend can't hold his drink" he said with an ever so slightly dark smile, striding across the floor with the heels of boots clunking upon the wooden floor with every step he took.
Dropping to one knee he takes a moment to see if the man was still breathing before relieving him of his wallet and stuffing it into his pocket, the motion revealing the briefest of glimpses of a revolver at his hip "That should keep him from drinking" Braet said with a satisfied look on his face before silently adding and me in drink for quite some kind to come.
With the theft completed he then returns to his corner of the bar and continues from where he had left off as if nothing had ever happened.

Sam J McCord

Sam looked around the saloon and noticed Jon laying on the floor, knocked out from his fall. "I wonder what he's been drinkin', hehe," he said with a chuckle.

DeletedUser

Name: Colonel Robert Ryder
Role: Newcomer
Bio: Robert Volunteered for the Union Army on the outbreak of war. He was assigned to the 1st Iowa Cavalry Regiment. After Shiloh, where the Regiment's Colonel was killed, the Regiment had elected him Colonel. After the War, in 1866, he was given command of the 10th US Cavalry Regiment and had fought in the Indian Wars in the Dakotas against the Lakota (Anglo Name: Sioux). Whether by luck, the grace of God, or skill, he is not sure which, he had survived the ACW and Northern Plains Indian Wars. All he wants now is to find a place where he can settle down and call home.

Robert and his companion Silent Walker, walked into the saloon to wash off some of the trail dust on the inside before finding a hotel to wash it off of their outsides. He glanced around the saloon as he tried to dust himself off.

Almost immediately Robert noticed the rebel sitting in the corner. The Reb must have noticed him too, he got up and approached Robert with a sneer on his face. Silent Walker immediately headed for the furthest corner, knowing the only reason he was in the saloon was his friend.

"I heard you Bluebellies got yer butts kicked by the savages up north." The reb said with a sneer. Seein' as how you boys cannot even beat the savages it is a wonder how you boys ever beat the Confederacy."

Robert just smiled and pushed his glasses back up the bridge of his nose before answering. "Probably because they had scum like you fighting for them. By the way you look I will bet you were a part of 'Bloody' Bill Anderson's cutthroats."

"Bluebelly, you would lose that bet. I were with General Forrest hisself." The man said, beaming with pride. "There weren't none of you boys Forrest could not whup or ride circles around."

"I beg to differ, my odious friend. Two names that disprove your false statement are Newton's Station and Baton Rouge. I was at both places and we had no problems outfoxing Forrest."

"You was with Grierson at Newton's Station?" The man said as the sneer left his face.

"I commanded the 1st Iowa Cavalry." Robert said.

"I heard tell of the 1st Iowa," The man said with awe. "it were commanded by the only man that ever outrode General Forrest hisself. You can't be that man."

"You see this scar over, and below my right eye? That was given to me by General Forrest himself, as I rode by him and his command into Baton Rouge."

The rebel broke out into a wide smile. General Forrest often spoke of the one man who he could not catch, and often mentioned that he had gotten away even though he had slashed the Yankee in the face with his saber. Called him the 'Ghost Rider'.

"I had heard that was the name that Nathan had given me," Robert said with a smile.

"Put it here Colonel!" The rebel said as he extended his hand for Robert to shake. The general told us that if we ever come across the 'Ghost Rider' that we were to shake his hand and buy him a drink." With that both men walked to the table Silent Walker was sitting at and began to reminisce about old times.

OOC: Jonduan invited me to RP and I felt this was a good place to audition my writing skills. If it is good enough I will try to join an ongoing RPG. :)

The Colonel

Apelatia

Apel gave a deep frown as he watched the newcomer, or even newcomers appear ionside the Saloon. Not wanting to exert more authority than is appropriate for a newer member to the Saloon, Apel walked silently to the Colonel, treading carefully so as to not wake anyone who should happen to be sleeping... "Hello my friend. Who am I? Oh, my name is Apelatia, but Apel will be fine. I suggest you come to the 'Active Roleplayers and RPs thread where we can...discuss your methods, and I can outline what this section of the forum would expect from you." Tossing the man a coin he says over his shoulder as he walked off, "Go get yourself a drink from Lord Regal first, mind. He's the one at the bar." Setting down back in his chair, Apel continued to view the Saloon's interior with scrutiny.

DeletedUser35174

Jon was lying on the ground when he heard a voice, groaning as he lifted his head, some splinters stuck on the left hand side of his face. As soon as he managed to stand up, a pain shot through the side of his head, causing him to go on one knee. "Bloody hell,...... Next time.....maybe.... not so many drinks" he muttered. Glancing up with half open eyes, he saw a newcomer at the door. The man looked familiar, racking his brain, jon remembered him from a day earlier, where he invited him to come to the bar. "Oh you, im...... glad you chose to join us" jon muttered. Turning towards Apel "anything happen while......you know.... i was there" he pointed to the place where he awoken up.

Deleted User - 819397

The bartender had largely ignored the conversation, instead looking at an unusual piece of paper. Clearing his throat, he put the parchment away and smiled. "Welcome to the Campfire Saloon, friends. I was just taking a look at what you wrote...it's a perk to being behind the counter here, heh. Anyway, I must say your language and descriptive tools are very well done. However, as a note of caution, it's best not to introduce Non Player Characters, or NPCs, such as Mr. Rebel there, without the permission of the Original Poster, or OP of the RP. Otherwise you may derail their plans down the road, and that hurts the experience for everyone. It doesn't matter here, since we use this place as an introduction to new people, but just something to consider when you join up in other RPs."

Grabbing a random bottle and holding it up, the bartender smiled again, "Well then, now that that's out of the way, what can I get you? We have pretty much everything, so long as it isn't a personal brew you thought up yourself...and if it is, well I'll see what I can do!"

DeletedUser

The bartender had largely ignored the conversation, instead looking at an unusual piece of paper. Clearing his throat, he put the parchment away and smiled. "Welcome to the Campfire Saloon, friends. I was just taking a look at what you wrote...it's a perk to being behind the counter here, heh. Anyway, I must say your language and descriptive tools are very well done. However, as a note of caution, it's best not to introduce Non Player Characters, or NPCs, such as Mr. Rebel there, without the permission of the Original Poster, or OP of the RP. Otherwise you may derail their plans down the road, and that hurts the experience for everyone. It doesn't matter here, since we use this place as an introduction to new people, but just something to consider when you join up in other RPs."

Grabbing a random bottle and holding it up, the bartender smiled again, "Well then, now that that's out of the way, what can I get you? We have pretty much everything, so long as it isn't a personal brew you thought up yourself...and if it is, well I'll see what I can do!"

Robert just looked at the bartender, and smiled. "I will heed your advice good sir. As for my command of the English Language I was a student of Literature at the University of Iowa before I volunteered for the Union Army.

Now, my good purveyor of spirits, do you have a drink I have come to love while I spent some time with my friend's tribe, Almond Honey Milk? OOC: A real drink.

DeletedUser31931

Zem trotted back into town. He'd just spent the last two and a half weeks tracking down a cattle thief who'd stolen half his friend's herd. The friend now had most the herd back and the cattle thief wouldn't be bothering anyone anymore, he and nineteen other men had seen to that. As he walked in he saw the newcomer. "Hey Regal, what did I miss?" he called across the bar. "I'll take a shot of Amarula. I've been needing a good stiff drink for a while now."

DeletedUser

Gun for Hire

Name: Jim Red Eye AKA: Jim, Red, or Dead Eye
Role: New RPer
Bio: I'm a young male working on a college degree with a passion for storytelling. First time attempting online RPing and hoping to find a good group to spin some adventures.

------------------------------------------------

The wind was blowing fiercely around Red as he slowly pushed his way into the oasis titled Campfire Saloon. His body was strong and powerful but was warn from extensive travels. The Saloon was inviting and by looks the occupants seemed safe enough. Red lowered his pack to the ground and rested his Winchester against the bar, before easing himself up onto a stool. "Barkeep, let me have a house special," His voice grumbled as he placed money on the counter. His hands nimbly worked as he produced a hand rolled cigarette. The glow from the match lit his rugged, stubbly face as he puffed on the cigarette. He exhaled a cloud of smoke as he leaned back into the chair waiting for his beverage.

DeletedUser31931

Zem looked over as the mysterious figure entered. "You sure you want the House Special?" He asked laughing, "Puts some people on the floor out for the count. What's your name stranger, and what brings you to these parts? I'm Zemelci, or Zem as my friends know me."

DeletedUser

"He's lyin'." Tiger sauntered over to the newcomer, who was standing with Zemmy. "Firstly, the house special puts everybody out for the count. Secondly, his friends call him Zemmy. Hi there fella, my name's tigermite, everybody calls my Tiger or Tyger or short. Always nice seein' new faces." Noticing the cigarette, Tiger spoke agin; "Say, you ain't got a spare one o' them ciggies have ya?"

DeletedUser31931

Zem laughed as Tiger asked for a cigarette. "I thought you were trying to give up smoking friend." he laughed "Your housemate was so fed up with the smell that he was forcing you if I remember right."

Status
Not open for further replies.