Intro to RPing RP

• Thread starter Deleted User - 819397
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Apelatia

"The name is Apelatia, or Apel. I prefer the latter when talking with friends!" He downs his glass of whiskey, then walks over to where Braet is sat in the dark corner. Pulling up a chair, he begins to engage in conversation with the old man. "I've been thinking about joining an RP soon... Maybe this weekend? I will be sure to take a look at both of the RPs you mentioned and possibly talk to the OPs before I make a move!"

DeletedUser31931

Zem smiled as braet tried to get a free drink. "Yeah sure, we sold some cows for way over their value recently at the farm, so I have a bit spare." he pulled out a couple of coins and flicked them to Regal smiling. "As for me, I'll have another Scotch." He heard what the newcomer, apel had to say and shouted to him "You could maybe join Irulia, I have a way to work you into the plot maybe."

DeletedUser35174

Jon strolled into the bar. He nodded to each person in the bar. This wasn't his first time here but he still wasn't a regular. Noticing a newcomer jon tipped his hat to him."hows it going, jon is the name, short for jonduan. welcome" he said to the newcomer. "ill have whatever they're having" he said to the bartender."so what made you come to this bar of all places" he said turning back to the newcomer

Apelatia

Apel turned from his brief conversation with Braet and greeted jon. I'm sure I recognise that face... He made a note to PM Zem as soon as he had the time.

Deleted User - 819397

Regal grabbed the requested drink for Jon, nodding in response to Apel's explanation of his name. "Fair enough...I can understand the desire to shorten your name. I mean, my complete name is 'Lord Regal', but there's no need for the title...here I go by Regal, elsewhere in town most people call me LR. The reason for my name is complicated...I've explained it before, somewhere...shoot me a letter if you want the specifics, as it doesn't need to be told again here," he said quickly, realizing the regulars had all rolled their eyes at his mentioning of that story. He chuckled, then leaned against the bar, relaxing for the moment.

Apelatia

Apel nodded in response to Regal's short lecture. He noticed how the regulars rolled their eyes at the mention of Regal's story. "Maybe I'll do just that! Though your letter box is already quite full up with questions from me. Maybe I'll just wait until the time is right." Apel sat back in his chair and promptly dozed off...

DeletedUser19202

Name: Doc or DW
Role:Newcomer
Bio:born in the California bay area in the year of the horse, 1990(chinese lunar years). Been a sportsman his whole life, football, baseball, basketball, tennis, boxing. Loves anything to do with the cowboy or medieval eras. This is why he decided to join this forum, he just couldn't help himself, too tasty. Dedicates most of his time now to listening to music (usually Enya's station on pandora radio, sometimes Billy Joel's station if he feels more up beat) while writing his own fantasy/horror novel. Spends the rest of his time playing guitar and taking care of his two nephews(ages 1 & 2) and his neice(age 6). Loves to laugh and isn't considered a serious person by anyone who knows him.

DeletedUser

Name: Mad Nautlous, Nautlous or Mad
Role: Newcomer
Bio: Mad Nautlous hales from the Golden State, his first foray into the great net was in the land of steam where he worked under many different guises. For a time he was a warrior who fought alone against an endless horde of green monsters, dragons, Templars and spies with only the tools he could find and his wits. For a while he joined a team of mercenaries who had a strange fascination with hats, Became an evil mastermind who conquered a mythical world with his dim witted minions and tried to hold the earth ransom with a super weapon.
Feeling tired of all of the guns, voodoo and conquering Nautlous took a job out in the wilderness where he would be tasked to tame the wilderness and etch out a mining and building a little abode for himself. There out in the wilderness he settled down for a bit and talked to the locals. Nautlous found a group that would work together to make up stories for their amusement. Though he had never done such a thing before with people he new so little of Nautlous decided to stay and make a few stories with them. Nautlous had fun making stories with them however it was not to last, the great game of life threw a wrench into his story making and he left the land of mines to return to work once more.
Time passed, things became peaceful, and once more Nautlous was drawn to the call of story making this time out in the West a place he hadn't been to since he had been forced to be a government bounty hunter. And so Mad Nautlous's tale continues...

Edit.

------------------------------------------------------

Mad Nautlous carefully opened the door to the saloon and cast a look around the place taking note of the modified juke box and the old man who sat in a suspiciously dark corner of the room. Nautlous then took a deep breath and walked up to the bar. "I'd like some Black tea if you have any." Mad Nautlous asked the barman as he put down his bag and took a seat at the bar.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 819397

Regal looked up as a newcomer entered the saloon. "Howdy there. Can't say I've seen your face around here before. What's your name, what's your story, and what can I get you to drink?" His tone was friendly, the words clearly rehearsed and used often. He put down the glass he had been cleaning in anticipation to make something.

Apelatia

Apel looked the stranger up and down suspiciously, not sure what to make of him. After some thinking he decided that the stranger looked friendly enough, which did him well. Getting up from his seat, Apel walked over to the stranger and addressed him. "Hey there! Apel's the name. I'm no longer the new one here it seems. Please...make yourself at home here! After all, everyone is nice...I think..." Nodding at Regal, Apel sauntered back to his seat at the low table.

DeletedUser

"Black Tea." Mad Nautlous replied "If not I would like some water." Mad Nautlous nodded to Apel's greeting. "The name's Mad Nautlous, Mad for short. I come from out east in the land of steel and steam." Mad Nautlous said pulling some shirts out of his bag as he looked for his money. " So I see you have a few RP's going around do any of them have openings for newcomers?" Mad Nautlous asked the bartender as he pulled out his wallet and placed his bag back at his feet.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Tiger joined Apel and the newcomer, Mad Nautlous at the bar. "Tiger's the name, Rp veteran and psycho." He introduced himself, taking a swig from his whiskey bottle. "Quick introduction to the RPs; there's Below Absolute Zero, that's probably got spaces although you'd have to ask Braet though, and he's on holiday for the moment. Same goes for Sentinels, Sleeping Giants. There's Tiran, the longest-running RP we've ever had, if you're interested in joining talk to Lord Regal. Next there's Irulia, but I dunno what's goin' on with that, ya would have to ask Zemmy. And finally there's ma very own masterpiece, The Fall From Grace. It's very nearly finished now so there's no spaces, but as I said it won't be long until it's finished, and afterwards I plan on releasing a near-future dystopian RP." Finished, he tipped his hat and glugged down the remaining whiskey.

Deleted User - 819397

Regal nodded as the newcomer, Mad Nautlous, requested black tea. "I'll get that for you right away," he smiled. He listened to Tiger's explanation of the currently ongoing RPs, emerging at the conclusion of his discussion with a steaming mug of tea. "Here you go, and take this too," the bartender grinned, passing Mad a note along with his drink. The man was clearly glad to see a new face. "Hope you're around longer than Doc Holiday was...I think he got turned off by the speed we do things here, honestly. It may be a day or two before an RP you're a part of gets a reply. Quality RPing takes time to write, and it's better to wait and get good material than get two quick lines out that don't help the story much. If you aren't feeling inspired, don't write!" With that, Regal picked up the glass he'd been cleaning when Mad came in and resumed his work.

DeletedUser35174

Jon sat in the corner drinking his bottle of whiskey while the 3 Rpers talked with the new comer. Nothing special to do he decided to join them. "welcome Mad, Name's Jonduan. Jon for short and Tiger im taking over the Rp slot after you finish Fall From Grace. Sharing is caring brother" Jon contributed into the conversation. Shaking his bottle around he found it was near empty "Regal another bottle please. Oh and would i be considered a regural now."

DeletedUser

"Sure thing bro." Tiger replied as Jonduan informed him that he would take over the hole left by FFG after its departure from the active RPs list. "I do do believe you would be a regular." Tiger added. "A round on Regal for our new regular here, yee-ha!" He shouted.

DeletedUser

"I'll take a look at those, thanks Tiger." Mad Nautlous said taking the tea and note from Regal. "It might be a bit before I get around to joining one of those, some of them are pretty long." Mad Nautlous states, mostly to himself, as he looks at the note and takes a drink from the mug. "mmm... that's the ticket." he says to himself with a contented sigh.

DeletedUser31931

Zem watched on with a bored gaze. He sort of jerked back to reality when someone mentioned Irulia. "Oh yeah, that.... It sort of went into hiatus when I had exams and I just need to set some time aside to tend to it, hopefully I'll do something by the end of the week." he then fell down on the table, asleep, he was dog tired at the moment.

Sam J McCord

Name: Sam McCord
Role: New RPer
Bio:Sam McCord was from the Northwoods of Wisconsin. He had spent his time mainly fishing in the many lakes and rivers and hunting the plentiful whitetail deer. Saddling up his horse, he had rode the many miles out west for a new start on the forums.

------------------------------------
Sam McCord rode into town on his great steed, an American Saddlebred born in Kentucky. He rode his way up to the saloon where he found many other people conversing. He tied his horse up at the hitching post and walked into the saloon.

Apelatia

Apel heard a creak from the saloon door hinges as a newcomer walked in. The guy hadn't said anything to introduce himself, so Apel gave him a blank stare, as if to imply the talking was a good thing. Slouching back into his chair, he continued to stare at the stranger, expectantly waiting for an introduction.

DeletedUser35174

Jon's sight was blurry from all the drinking when the stranger walked into the bar. Apel was first to react and he did by staring at the new comer, clearly waiting for an introduction of some sort. "Jon's the name" said Jon his speech slurred from all the alcohol. Jon then stood up intending to shake the man's hands. As soon as he took two steps he collapsed head first to the ground. "oh hell" he moaned as he fell asleep and started snoring loudly.

Status
Not open for further replies.