International Fort Battle Championship, Part 2!

• Thread starter DeletedUser8627
  • Start date

DeletedUser8627

Good day hardened players of The West!

I'm sure it's no stretch of imagination that everyone remembers the International Fort Battle Championship. The blood, sweat, and tears that people from across the world, from the actual West to the relative East, shed as they strove for the ultimate glory as saying they were the best of the best. After a long, grueling competition, the Polish servers won out, and stood upon the fallen from around the world they had beaten to get there. Granted, it wasn't always perfect. Some people couldn't seem to find their way to the fight, and a lack of an official space upon which to do this righteous battle meant someone was bound to experience being shot while helpless to do anything with any sort of reasonable timing. However, there are rumors of the Polish being asked to defend their title, to take up arms and face the world once more, as the rest of the planet looks with envious eyes at the crown.
There are mere whisperings of a location dedicated to this brutal warfare, with goals of eliminating past problems. It's all hearsay for now, but those with failing eyesight and fewer teeth than bullet scars whisper among themselves of important things happening in a mere fortnight. They claimed the War of the Forts would be the end to it all, that nothing could be more destructive and bloody.

It seems now that it was just the beginning.

DeletedUser8627

Hello keen players of The West!

jzC3XJa.png

We have exciting news for you today! We would like to announce the second official International Fort Battle Championship! Below, we have outlined the rules of the tournament as well as detailing how it will work. Stay tuned for more information regarding this prestigious event - coming soon!

The championship will be an International competition between teams. Each language server creates its own team, which will include fort battle leaders. (Minimum: 140 players; Maximum: 150 players). Each team needs to be able to fill a large fort with players for each and every match. The schedule of matches will be shown in the timetable.

>> Registrations are now open! <<
Simply fill in the required details on the form provided to enter into the IFBC, Part 2!​

>> International Fort Battle Championship, Part 2! Discussion <<

Schedule:

Registrations to the event are now open until the 28th August 2017.
The event and IFBC, Part 2 world will open and start on the 11th September 2017.
Fort battles will start on the 28th September 2017.
  • Matches will be held for 10 weeks (Weeks 1 - 7: Group stage, Weeks 8 - 10: Finals stage)
  • Matches will be played from Monday to Saturday during each week. (Group stage: Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, Finals stage: Wednesday and Saturday)
Every match played in the group stages will earn points for teams as follows:
  • Match won by attacking team due to flag being captured: +1
  • Match won by attacking team due to all players being defeated: +2
  • Match won by defending team due to all rounds being played: +1
  • Match won by defending team due to all players being defeated: +2
Group stage:

All points will be counted by 11PM on the following day. A points table will contain information about every language server. In the case of a draw between two teams occurring with relation to the number of points owned by that team, there will be a play-off match.

Finals Stage:

The leading four teams at the end of the group stage will take part in a round robin of matches to be the best fort battle team in the world. Each team that progresses to this stage will play matches against the other teams involved. Points will be awarded for this stage in the same way as in the group stage.

Levels and Inventory:
  • Each Community Manager will prepare a list of representatives for their respective language server.
  • Each representative's character will have the same character Level, Cash, Duel Level.
  • Each representative's character can choose 1 of 3 available inventories.
  • Each representative's character can choose the character class and craft profession.
General Rules and Guidelines:
  • Players will be permitted to complete jobs and quests over the course of the tournament's duration. This is to ensure you can gather up some cash to purchase your own buffs for each fort battle.
  • Players will be allowed to buy and spend nuggets over the entire duration of the tournament.
  • Players must follow the official Game Rules at all times.
  • Players can participate only with 1 account.
  • Initiating fort fights before the agreed upon time will not be allowed. The tournament fort fights will be initiated only by the event co-ordinators (Da Twista / Etriel)
  • The draw for the Group stage will be chosen at random.
  • Please note that the event co-ordinators and community managers may change or cancel any aspect of the championship to prevent or circumvent any problems that may occur. They are the final arbiters of any dispute - their word is final.
Rewards:

First place:
  • Special title : Universal Fort Guru
  • Special item: Gold medal 2017
  • 300 nuggets
  • Fort battle clothing set
  • Fort battle weapons set
  • Fort battle animal set
Second place:
  • Special title : Galactic Fort Guru
  • Special item: Silver medal 2017
  • 150 nuggets
  • Fort battle clothing set
Third place:
  • Special title : Planetary Fort Guru
  • Special item: Bronze medal 2017
  • Fort battle animal set
For all participants:
  • "Surprise" item
(Item set rewards and stats will be provided soon)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8627

Each player will have the opportunity to choose one of three preset inventories this time rather than having items from their regular world duplicated onto their event character like it was done in the first event. This is to create consistency and fairness among all players.

Inventory 1:
Hombre's chest
dotd_2016_chest_3.png

John Wesley Hardin's chest
easter_2017_chest_3.png

Skeletonman's chest
dotd_2016_chest_1.png

Shawnee's chest
easter_2016_chest3.png

Matoaka's set
valentines_2017_head_2.png
valentines_2017_neck_2.png
valentines_2017_body_2.png
valentines_2017_shoes_2.png
valentines_2017_belt_2.png
valentines_2017_pants_2.png

Bill Doolin's horse and saddle
octoberfest_2014_horse_1.png
octoberfest_2014_yield_1.png

Black Bart's horse and saddle
4july_2014_horse_1.png
4july_2014_yield_1.png

Apache bow
dayofthedead_2015_fortbattle2.png

Blackfoot axe
dayofthedead_2015_melee2.png

Western revolver
dayofthedead_2015_revolver2.png

Inventory 2:
Pat Garrett's chest
easter_2017_chest_5.png

Butch Cassidy's chest
easter_2017_chest_1.png

John Rolfe's chest
valentines_2017_chest_1.png

Black Bart's chest
4july_2014_set_chest_1.png

Scout's chest
4july_2015_chest2.png

Deadwood Dick's horse and saddle
octoberfest_2014_horse_2.png
octoberfest_2014_yield_2.png

John Rolfe's horse and saddle
valentines_2017_animal_1.png
valentines_2017_yield_1.png

Hombre's knife
dotd_2016_melee_3.png

Hombre's vampire colt
dotd_2016_range_3.png

Hombre's sawed-off shotgun
dotd_2016_fort_3.png

Inventory 3:
Pat Garrett's chest
easter_2017_chest_5.png

Detective's chest
easter_2016_chest1.png

Juan's chest
valentine_2016_chest.png

Francisco Pizarro's chest
independence_2017_pizarro_9.png

Matoaka's set
valentines_2017_head_2.png
valentines_2017_neck_2.png
valentines_2017_body_2.png
valentines_2017_shoes_2.png
valentines_2017_belt_2.png
valentines_2017_pants_2.png

Juan's romantic horse and painting
valentine_2016_animal.png
valentine_2016_yield.png

Frank James's horse and saddle
octoberfest_2014_horse_3.png
octoberfest_2014_yield_3.png

Bill Doolin's horse and saddle
octoberfest_2014_horse_1.png
octoberfest_2014_yield_1.png

Hombre's knife
dotd_2016_melee_3.png

Hombre's vampire colt
dotd_2016_range_3.png

Hombre's sawed-off shotgun
dotd_2016_fort_3.png

All participants will receive these additional items:
Precise single shot rifle x1
single_shot_rifle_accurate.png

Mate tea x 3
mate_tea.png

Liquid life x 3
liquidlife.png

Blue letter x1
blue_letter.png

Potion of a new beginning x1
reset_potion.png

Potion of Forgetfulness x3
skill_reset_potion.png

Potion of Weakening x3
att_reset_potion.png

Can of spinach x5
spinach.png

Shining weapon oil x2
weak_high_fort_damage.png

Hushpuppy x2
hushpuppy.png

Ground rocket turtle shell x 3
weak_fast_movement.png

3 day VIP Longtimer x3
3days_vip_bonus.png

DeletedUser8627

If you wish to participate in the tournament, all you need to do is fill out the following form so we can capture your data. Please note, all data is secure and will not be shared publically.

We will need to following information from you:
  • Your player name (As indicated on your local server).
  • Your email address (As reflected on your account on your local server).
  • Which server you are originally from.
  • Which one of the three inventories you wish to use.
  • Whether or not you would like to participate as a leader in the tournament.
  • The world on your local server you wish to receive your rewards.
Once you have filled out the 2 minute form and submitted it to us. We will be processing all entrants, the Community Manager will then assign leaders and contact them.
Once all 150 participants have been chosen, a list of these participants will be posted on the forum.
Furthermore, these participants will be contacted via email with information on how to gain access to their accounts once the world opens and the event begins.
Once the event has started, access to the event forum will become available where each team will have their own dedicated section they can use to discuss strategies.

DeletedUser8627

FAQ

How many skill/attribute points will I have?

Number of skill and attribute points depends on your character level. Your character level will be set to level 150, which means you have leveled up 149 times. This means that the character has 149 attribute points and 149 * 3 (447) skill points.

What about my Duel Level?
Every character will have the same Duel Level set to 150.

Can I have all my items in my inventory on my local server transferred to the event server?
No. Each player can choose between 1 of 3 preset inventories.

Can I work and do some quests?
Yes. Working jobs and doing quest is allowed.

What about my craft profession?
You can choose your craft profession, but you will start at a 0 crafting level.

Can I duel other players?
Yes. Duelling is encouraged in this event. The only time you may not duel other players is if your team has lost and been removed from the event.

Can I change my City/Town/Alliance?
No. You cannot change your town. Every team will have one town that can hold 150 players and one alliance. This may not be changed under any circumstances.

What time can I expect to have Fort Battles?
Approximately between 20:00 PM - 21:00 PM

Will the large forts have maximum building levels?
Yes.

What about the towns?
Each team will be provided with 1 fully built town that can hold 150 members. Once the world is available, a leader from a team may found a town in their desired location. Once this has been done, we will upgrade the town to its maximum levels and allow the town to hold 150 members.

How will I get my login information for my character on the event server?
A player wanting to participate in the International Fort Battle Championship must provide their Community Manager with the exact same player name and email address as shown on their local server through the form provided. Once the registration has been done, the player will receive an email which then can be used to retrieve a new password and log into the event server.

All points will be counted by 11:00 PM on the following day. Will the points be counted after the fight, or the day after the fight?
One day after the fort battle has taken place.

What is the purpose of the leaders?
Leaders command, choose a team, decide who and when they will fight. If your team is defending - your team leaders will need to choose 120 players, and in the attack - 140 players. "Reserve" can have 10 players - everyone in a team may not have the opportunity to participate in every battle.

Are activities that have nothing to do with the progress battle, allowed on the international event server? Can we, for example, play the game normally? etc...
Nothing is off limits, you can play the game as per normal if you are not participating in an active fort battle and provided that your team is still in the event.

Can I choose my own character class / craft profession? Are we allowed to craft items?
The player may choose whichever class and profession they wish to use. Crafting is allowed but crafting levels have been set to 0.

What about the premium settings for the IFBC? Which advantages can be purchased with nuggets?
The IFBC world will be a full premium world without the option to purchase skill and attribute points.

Are there any differences from the IFBC 2015?
Yes, a few things have changed.
  • All players will now have a choice of 1 of 3 preset inventories to choose from.
  • The scoring system has changed slightly, no negative points will be issued in this event.
If I participate in the IFBC, will I lose my progress on my local server?
No. We are merely cloning your character's player name and email address to create a new character on the event server for you. Nothing on your local account will be touched.

Will there be a dedicated support team for the event server or will I need to contact my local support team if I have any problems?
Yes, the event server will be accompanied with their very own support system, moderation team and forum.

Who is going to choose the leaders of my team?
The Community Manager on your local server will be responsible for choosing your leaders. The maximum amount of leaders allowed is 10.

We had some issues with racial slurs due to the diverse amount of different races participating in the last event. What can I do if this happens again?
Under no circumstances will The West Team tolerate any form of racism on the event server. If you are a victim of racism, please use the appropriate report options found in the game to report these communication violations.

My team is out of the championship, what can I do now?
Unfortunately there is nothing left for you to do in the event other than watch fort battles. You may not interfere with other players still participating in the event i.e. Duelling.

What happens to my progress once the event has ended? Can I transfer my items over to my local server?
No. Any and all progress, be this currency or items will not be transferred over to your local server. Only special items awarded to a participant will be carried over to your local server.

Can I participate in Tombolas or any holiday event even the traveling fair on the event server?
All holidays events such as tombolas have been disable on the event server, this includes the traveling fair.

How do we select our 150 players?
Each team will have leaders allocated, these leaders in turn will then choose who they would like on their team. This will only be the case if there are more than 150 entrants per team. If there are less than 150 entrants per team, all members will be elected to participate in the championship.

DeletedUser8627

Good morning!

While we already have a chosen 150 players for the EN team participating in the IFBC, Part 2 - In an attempt to gather as many players as possible into this prestige event, we have 40 available places on the TR team.

If you did not make the EN team, you still have the opportunity to participate in this event on another team. If you wish to do so, kindly send in a support ticket with the following information:

Your player name (Same as your EN player name):
Your email address (Same as your EN email):
Your inventory choice: 1, 2 or 3

A special congratulations to the EN team that made it this far!

-Rihards-
1Silhouette
aboobar
Abraham Cooper
Agfob
Al35ul
Awestorm
AyazRA
Bata Zivojinovic
Bl00dymary
Blodox
Bohtar