International Fort Battle Championship, Part 2! - Discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

asdf124

From the way you're acting, tug, maybe you can see why you weren't picked?
Guess it is better to stay quiet, and follow orders like a brainless person with no opinion. Than stand up for injustice.

Oh, I am acting this way after En team lost and after I wasn't picked. So, it should be natural to feel this way if I felt I was good enough even if the team "leaders" didn't agree with that.

After the selection process, I asked why I wasn't picked, with no avail to reason. I told myself; "That's fine, their loss."

And now when I completely try to analyze the situation, yet you tell me that I wasn't picked due to my behavior?
I have not tried to pick a fight with anyone, tried to reason for at least a month!
So, what was so wrong about my behavior?

Was it unexpected, unnatural???
Or did you expect better from me?

And lulu, you got in while I haven't, so you don't even know how it feels.

DeletedUser15368

I never applied actually, this is coming from a neutral viewer. Your drama is quite the popcorn seller though!

(but it's also one of the many reasons the vets didn't apply again, we don't need drama again from a bunch of njubs who feel entitled to be part of the international championship team, even though they aren't good FFers the rest of the time)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser36979

I never applied actually, this is coming from a neutral viewer. Your drama is quite the popcorn seller though!

(but it's also one of the many reasons the vets didn't apply again, we don't need drama again from a bunch of njubs who feel entitled to be part of the international championship team, even though they aren't good FFers the rest of the time)

(but it's also one of the many reasons the vets didn't apply again, we don't need drama again from a bunch of njubs who feel entitled to be part of the international championship team, even though they aren't good FFers the rest of the time)...

No need to try an hide your opinion Lulu Noob by writing so small it is hard to read... Either own it or shut it.

Pankreas PorFavor

So you are telling me that 3 leaders have analyzed the last 2-10 fort battles of each player who signed up to be selected right?

if this was the selection process, then it is crap.
people who select the team should be people who are leading battles on a regular basis, and when they see a name in the application, they should say right away - "I know this player because I play with/against him". your calculations about analysis time are completely irrelevant in that case. hours spent on analyzing battles... LOL! hours spent on leading battles is what counts, and leaders will know who they can count on without spending hours watching battle replays.
now, if some random people who don't know anyone in .net were selecting the team, that's something completely different, they would need to do all of what you described. but I kind of doubt that this was the case :p

fortfighter1

asdf124 said there was no leader from World 11 in event world which is the world he is active in so only way leaders can judge players from worlds that leaders dont have a active presence in, is to check with other players or West forts stats.

I could make lots of comments here but to be honest i dont see point. The end results where our team finished speak for themselves.

DeletedUser26820

Does it matter if you show up if you drive 10 people away? No. You kept running your mouth. You have an inability to stop talking until you eventually attack everyone around you. You sunk yourself. Either take responsibility or go cry to people who havnt had to watch you do it for years.

And the event was over for us when you were kicked. I wasnt going to let you attack and abuse the people left. I stick by what i said. If there is another event and it is in my power you will not be in it.

I drove folks away, ran my mouth, I have an inability to stop talking, I sunk myself, I take responsibility.
If there is another event and it is in your almighty power, by all means, keep me out of it.

But share this with us....

How many rounds was I online for the FF's there?
Please give us a ranking of all toons on the EN Team by rounds online at FF's.
It was a FF challenge, right? Don't rounds online take priority over running of mouth of inability to stop talking???
Darn right, sir, I take responsibility. Give us a ranking of the 147 of the EN Team for most rounds online.
I take responsibility for the rounds I was online and what I did during those rounds online. I thought it was it a FF Challenge.

Please tell those that didn't get in that can read this that we had 147 on the Team when we should of had 150.
Please tell those that didn't get in that can read this that we had 97 show up for the last FF....
And Please tell those that didn't get in that can read this that you booted me out of Town for having an outspoken opinion regarding such.
C'mon, WS.... 97 at a FF in an international challenge? Shame on those that don't have an outspoken opinion about that......
Please remind them you'll do everything in your power to keep a toon of the EN Team that brought ALL he had to give, gave all he had to give, and was ONLINE FOR EVERY ROUND OF EVERY FF AND FOLLOWED EVERY ORDER DURING THEM, that you'll do everything in your power to keep that toon off the Team.

It's your Team, WS. You lowered the bar, sir, so you shouldn't be able to do any worse next time around by banning me from it.
Me or my mouth or whatever you attribute to me is not the issue for your EN Team.
Balls, Nuts, and rounds online are.

How many rounds was I online at FF's relative to the other 146 that should have been 149 ????

Please share some stats, then we'll discuss my open mouth, loud opinion, inability to stop talking, and how you're picking your Team the next time around.
But come with the stats. Rounds online for all 147 of your Team.

Best Regards,

DeletedUser37529

I have thought through how to respond to this, or rather what deiben has said, believe me, I too, and many others share his concerns. For myself, not with the leadership, deiben was part of that group in the first IFBC that inspired us to work hard. I feel, again, just my opinion, that leading such a group of strong personalities is an immense responsibility and almost overwhelming I would surely think. I was in both tournaments , I hate to not have won, or placed better than we did. Deiben has spoken out loud and clear, others did so privately , several to me.

I know dieben followed the leads in battles, and I also believe in how he and I , and all the old school advents should spec for battles. Sure there were frustrations with folks signing for the event, and not even showing up to battles offline, but also there were folks with more than compelling reasons for not being there as well, hurricanes and health, just two of the real life things that impose themselves on us, and must be answered period.

Many criticized our leadership, I will say this, if you want to lead such a group, the sign to do so or be quiet about it. That being said, deiben is not toxic, yes, he spoke in a way that I myself would have chosen not to do so. But he did and does belong in such a battle, by the criteria I would use. It is impossible to review each and every player, their knowledge, their skills, are they a hider, do they sign up and be absent, and from my own personal experience, did I have to go to another whole world during a battle to tell them to get back online and move for this battle, yes I did. That person's excuse was they were at lunch, say what, yes is so.

I feel, that all sides are still upset over how it went, leadership, players, and things done, and things said, could have been better on all sides. Let us be grown ups about it, let the waters settle. It is my hope that by grace to see so many of those I have met in the two tournaments I attended, that I will again be allowed the privilege to walk among those I have fought beside and against over the years.

good journey to you all that were there, deib, I will be your swap in any fort battle sir.

E

Deleted User - 1693871

You'll have to go play on Briscoe to manage that, Nox. Though I've heard one of the alliances there traitors him. :rolleyes:

Deiben, in the years I played Briscoe you were always a worthy, dedicated opponent. The first International event, your dedication was 100%, and I don't expect it was any different the second time around.

I withdrew from this second international, and am glad I did so, having heard so much bad about what went on (and none of it about Deiben either).

When players get frustrated, they can walk away (as I did), or they can speak uncomfortable truths unto power. It sounds like Deiben did that. Like me, you never did have much time for stupidity, eh. :)

asdf124

yeah, asdf from w11 is a completely different person than asdf from other worlds :D

Right, you are 100% the same at every world.
The same play style in each world and never tried to do anything new.
In every other world, I play the game as either an observer, farmer or inactive. My play style is different than yours, yet you criticize me as you know every move I make and everything about me which makes you think that you can judge on me like you do.
No, toxic players can get out.
Hypocrisy at best, you should look at the mirror sometimes.

So someone who has a different opinion is someone who is "toxic player" but you feel that peeps who you would like in the competition as those who don't discuss on how to win the competition. But be brainless and just follow every order and be quiet about it.

I tried to ask why I wasn't picked in this forum as I thought that the leaders would be kind enough to reply here.
Yet, I only had trolls replying that think they are better than everyone else.

The problems with the competition is apparent, the results speak for itself. Yet, the leaders decided to pin the problem on "toxicity of a few players".

You do realize that the ignore button is a feature to remove said "toxicity" but decided not to use it.
I don't ignore a lot of players, and have no one in the ignorelist nowadays.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pankreas PorFavor

Right, you are 100% the same at every world..

Exactly. The same person. I said you are the same person in every world. Are you telling us that you are not?!

The same play style in each world and never tried to do anything new

Now, this above shows that you accuse me for exactly the same thing you're doing in the text below. I have the same play style everywhere? Pure trader adventurer = worker with 7000 duel wins = FF soldier etc.? Oh yeah, you know everything about me.
And again - what does that have to do with being the same person? You're using fake non-sense arguments again, just like with a million hours of watching battle replays.

In every other world, I play the game as either an observer, farmer or inactive. My play style is different than yours, yet you criticize me as you know every move I make and everything about me which makes you think that you can judge on me like you do.

No, I do not criticize you at all for anything related to your play style. I just said that you are the same person no matter what game world you observe. I never said you were not selected because you do not know how to fort fight. You probably know how to do that very well. And yet - you were not selected! Surprised much?
That's all I meant - your FFing skills and knowledge probably had nothing to do with getting on this team or not. It's how people perceive you as a person. For example, in this forum - are you here as a W11, AZ, CO, Dakota player or simply - as asdf124 a.k.a TuG? What you say or do here or in any of the game worlds, that is all attributed to the same person. I, for example, would have on my team a person who sees a valuable set item on the world market for sales price, buys it, and returns it to seller telling them they should be more careful doing trades in the future. You know, helping someone who made a mistake instead of abusing it and then bragging about it on their profile. Because that speaks about you as a person. A person I wouldn't like to have on my side, no matter how well they fort fight, play football, or do whatever else that's supposed to be fun.
I do not know for certain, but I can imagine that there was some personal preference involved in team selection (I do it every week when playing football with my friends), in addition to the fear that some players have a "toxic" aura that can hurt the team as a whole. Prejudice? Sure, why not call it that. But ask yourself - is it completely unprovoked? I know some people don't like me. Of course, who can be liked by everyone? But then again, would I apply to be on the team that they are selecting, asking them to select me based only on my skills from world X and disregard everything I said or did here on in worlds Y and Z? Who knows, maybe I would. But I definitely wouldn't be surprised when they would rather play in a team that's one player short than having me on their team.

Now, feel free to come up with another nonsense if you like. But the fact is that no matter how well you fort fight, leaders of EN team don't want you on their side. Yes, it is easier to tell yourself that it is because they are bad bad people, but there is a slight chance that it's not only about them... The leaders of EN team chose having fun with friends and other nice people over having the most skillful team. Deal with it.

asdf124

Exactly. The same person. I said you are the same person in every world. Are you telling us that you are not?!

Now, this above shows that you accuse me for exactly the same thing you're doing in the text below. I have the same play style everywhere? Pure trader adventurer = worker with 7000 duel wins = FF soldier etc.? Oh yeah, you know everything about me.
And again - what does that have to do with being the same person? You're using fake non-sense arguments again, just like with a million hours of watching battle replays.

No, I do not criticize you at all for anything related to your play style. I just said that you are the same person no matter what game world you observe. I never said you were not selected because you do not know how to fort fight.

I didn't proclaim to know you, I just thought that was how you interpreted me.

The leaders don't know me, yet proclaim they do due to my posts here.

So, being called a thief, being bullied by that alliance as well should not let me react in anyway?

I have told that player that I will return the saddle but in a timeline which I proclaimed as the abuse was already happening and will continue to happen.

But hey, you like to judge peeps instead of actually knowing what is the full story.

I have not judged on em, I tried to ask about it, yet, I didn't get any answer from em except from directly whispering one person.

I now know why I wasn't picked, but I seriously have no idea how they think of me like that due to my posts here.

Pankreas PorFavor

I have told that player that I will return the saddle but in a timeline which I proclaimed as the abuse was already happening and will continue to happen.

and you had the chance not to join the abuse. you had the chance to help two people involved in that trade with one simple act. but you chose not to do it. this was done by a person, not a player from world X who is totally different from the same player in world Y. and it speaks volumes about you. but if it makes you feel better...
sure, thief is a strong word, and maybe not applicable in that case. the only difference in this case is - you saw an item on the market for sales price, you knew it was not for you, and you took it. when asked to return it and help them, you said you'll do it in 300 days - when the item will be useless. the difference between you and a thief? the fact that it didn't say "this item is for player X" in the description. of course you knew what was happening even before they contacted you. in other words, no matter how well you dodge, shoot, ghost, block, crit - I would never have someone like you next to me in a battle and I can totally understand why others wouldn't choose you, or even turn their backs on the leaders that would.

But hey, you like to judge peeps instead of actually knowing what is the full story.

full story? "in 2008 they started a game called The West... blabla". I do know everything that happened in this case. why do you assume I don't? do you like to judge...? just stop to think for a minute how much of what you say about others is exactly what you're doing :(
I have personally on a number of occasions helped players in the exact same situation - players in the opposing alliances, players who used to farm me in duels etc. it's called fair play, and you do it even if the other side doesn't. it doesn't matter who is on the other side - this is about me and me doing what's right.

being bullied by that alliance

that's just crap.
and totally going off topic. I am not going to reply to this anymore. I already said everything that needs to be said. being a good fort fighter is not the only quality I would look for if I selected the team. my impression about you could be completely wrong, the leaders' impression could be wrong - but it is what it is, it is based on what I see here and in game - and it didn't get you on the team. you figure out the reasons why people see you like this... you may be a different person IRL, but I can't see that...

[my apologies to everyone for going off topic. I suppose most of the post will be deleted, but I had to write it.]

asdf124

and you had the chance not to join the abuse. you had the chance to help two people involved in that trade with one simple act. but you chose not to do it. this was done by a person, not a player from world X who is totally different from the same player in world Y. and it speaks volumes about you. but if it makes you feel better...
sure, thief is a strong word, and maybe not applicable in that case. the only difference in this case is - you saw an item on the market for sales price, you knew it was not for you, and you took it. when asked to return it and help them, you said you'll do it in 300 days - when the item will be useless. the difference between you and a thief? the fact that it didn't say "this item is for player X" in the description. of course you knew what was happening even before they contacted you. in other words, no matter how well you dodge, shoot, ghost, block, crit - I would never have someone like you next to me in a battle and I can totally understand why others wouldn't choose you, or even turn their backs on the leaders that would.
I joined due to knowing these players, for whom they truly are and not what I heard.

I didn't know that you knew the full story but I thought you would at least understand what kind of abuse I am getting.

I don't know you, don't like the way you are replying. However, you have your reasons and I have mine.

You seem to be in a chivalrous attitude while thinking that I am a villain who has no boundaries to how I operate, and to judge me over 1 item. Instead of actually looking what good I have done, just judge the person over that one mistake and never change your opinion about em is what I certainly don't like.

What has been done is done, and I won't back down from what I told him as if I return 1 sec less than the specified timeline is certainly not what I want to operate at.

So, you claim to judge that I shouldn't join the competition due to taking 1 item off Open market?

Sure I did know that it was bound to someone else and that player made a mistake, however, he should understand where I was coming from.

You play your way, and I will play my own way.

Judge me by the bad actions of what I do, instead of what I have accomplished if any.

Pankreas PorFavor

So, you claim to judge that I shouldn't join the competition due to taking 1 item off Open market?

No. I claim that pulling non-sense arguments like this one is one of the reasons why you did not get selected. You didn't understand anything I said. (Or worse - you did but you are deliberately twisting my words.) You will take one word or sentence, and totally disregard the meaning of everything, ignore the context, construct some fake stories (e.g. thousands of hours of watching battle replays) etc.
Like you said - "play your way, and I will play my own way." That's great. But then don't go around whining when people don't want you on their team.

asdf124

No. I claim that pulling non-sense arguments like this one is one of the reasons why you did not get selected. You didn't understand anything I said. (Or worse - you did but you are deliberately twisting my words.) You will take one word or sentence, and totally disregard the meaning of everything, ignore the context, construct some fake stories (e.g. thousands of hours of watching battle replays) etc.
Like you said - "play your way, and I will play my own way." That's great. But then don't go around whining when people don't want you on their team.
So you are now claiming that I am whining without valid reasons?

You claim that the leaders have chosen friends and those they thought they would enjoy their time with?
Listen, your claim isn't 100% truthful as I know a few players had trouble with the leaders.

So I only spout nonesense without any validity or reason.

Their were a lot of problems but instead of pointing em out, you decided to proclaim that I didn't have qualities that would enhance the gameplay of others. Yet, I wasn't even in the EN team due to your "reasons" of why I shouldn't be in it. Is simply cause you don't think I should be in it.

I still don't get it, won't ever understand the reasons as I try to discuss with others on what is the reasons.

So, you think I would be a toxicity to enhancing player's gameplay?

Last edited:

Pankreas PorFavor

So, you think I would be a toxicity to enhancing player's gameplay?

I said I won't reply to your nonsense anymore, you can give it a rest. I really don't know how to say it in any other way again and again. You play how you think it's right, and this doesn't get you on the team. I really don't know what needs to be added to this? For me, this conversation is over.

asdf124

if this was the selection process, then it is crap.
people who select the team should be people who are leading battles on a regular basis, and when they see a name in the application, they should say right away - "I know this player because I play with/against him". your calculations about analysis time are completely irrelevant in that case. hours spent on analyzing battles... LOL! hours spent on leading battles is what counts, and leaders will know who they can count on without spending hours watching battle replays.
now, if some random people who don't know anyone in .net were selecting the team, that's something completely different, they would need to do all of what you described. but I kind of doubt that this was the case :p
I was just replying to futu if it was about performance, and here you are trolling my reply. And then proclaimed that it was about enjoying the ff competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.