International Fort Battle Championship, Part 2! - Discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser26820

You do understand that the first ever IFBC event was held in 2015, well after the game had been around for about 5-7 years, and that this is the second IFBC event, being held in 2017, right?
Therefore, you're making a faulty assumption that there will be an IFBC event in 2018.
On average, from game origination to date, there's one every 3-4 years.
But I can stand to be corrected by more veteran toons.
Age in the game should have nothing to do with it. Being online at FF's on the event server should have everything to do with it.

DeletedUser26820

So how did the EN Team finish in the rankings for this one, the 2017 IFBC EVENT?

Who were the finalists..... Czech, Poland, Germany and Hungry?
Don't see the EN Team listed there, so please correct me if incorrect.

How did the EN Team fair when they had a FULL 50 team mates not show up at the last FF, had a team mate make some flaming forum posts regarding such, get booted from the Team, and get promised to not be on the next one when online every FF he was alive at every FF your Team fought?

How did being online at FF's in an international event FF server take a back seat to having an opinion about those that committed to doing the same thing and didn't follow thru with that commitment?

Was it a next to last finish??
You beat the Finland Team, right??

Last edited by a moderator:

asdf124

Well, I blame those who thought that what they had was good enough.

Not gonna participate in the next one, thanks for organizing it, wish it was actually fun.

I was apart of the turkish team, I had goals but we didn't even have a full team from the beginning till the last.

The En team was a disaster, they fell apart from the first two fort fights.

Leaders should have known better but I wasn't picked as a leader....... Heck, I wasn't even picked for En team.

I won't say I am not glad that En team lost, but can't believe that they couldn't score much.

Good luck on the next one.

DeletedUser

Well, I blame those who thought that what they had was good enough.

Not gonna participate in the next one, thanks for organizing it, wish it was actually fun.

I was apart of the turkish team, I had goals but we didn't even have a full team from the beginning till the last.

The En team was a disaster, they fell apart from the first two fort fights.

Leaders should have known better but I wasn't picked as a leader....... Heck, I wasn't even picked for En team.

I won't say I am not glad that En team lost, but can't believe that they couldn't score much.

Good luck on the next one.

i loved us 30 "turks" charging fully manned Russian and Polish forts :D

DeletedUser26820

I'm not blaming anyone or how the Team was picked or who was on the Team.
I'm just curious of what the final standings were. In what position did the EN Team finish out of how many teams total?
For an event like this is more about fulfilling a commitment and being at a specific place at a specific time than about who you're friends with or how popular you are with those that pick the Team or how many free passes you get for not being at work on time.
I know it's a silly notion, but a FF Event is about being online at FF's, right?
Some will say it's just a game. Then let it be just a game and don't get upset about someone making flaming forum posts about those that can't fulfill an 8-week commitment in a silly event in a silly game.

Now if the "turks" had 30 on their team and ALL 30 were there at FF's and they ALL charged, that's a team I want to be on next time.
These teams that have 147 members with only 97 showing up just doesn't cut it for some of us trying to have fun in a silly game.

So how did the EN Team finish?

asdf124

I'm not blaming anyone or how the Team was picked or who was on the Team.
I'm just curious of what the final standings were. In what position did the EN Team finish out of how many teams total?
For an event like this is more about fulfilling a commitment and being at a specific place at a specific time than about who you're friends with or how popular you are with those that pick the Team or how many free passes you get for not being at work on time.
I know it's a silly notion, but a FF Event is about being online at FF's, right?
Some will say it's just a game. Then let it be just a game and don't get upset about someone making flaming forum posts about those that can't fulfill an 8-week commitment in a silly event in a silly game.

Now if the "turks" had 30 on their team and ALL 30 were there at FF's and they ALL charged, that's a team I want to be on next time.
These teams that have 147 members with only 97 showing up just doesn't cut it for some of us trying to have fun in a silly game.

So how did the EN Team finish?
En team finished 6’th with 2 points but Swedish/Denmark was sabotaged in our fight.

Which doesn’t matter since they have 3 points.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...7xRpVCUXlE9IpoYzIu-AM/htmlview#gid=1057045106

I know why it is important to know this. Simply to reflect on the results.

DeletedUser26820

You're spending too much time here, asdf.

I'd like to see a Leader of the EN Team, that hand picked us, to announce how their hand-picked Team finished.

Wandering Stranger?

Block me from tg's, boot me from town, promise me I'll never attend another one... Ok.

You'd be better served, sir, to look at those FF reports and see who was online for your Team.

It's a real dilemma when you have a volunteer toon that was online for EVERY FF for your TEAM to have an opinion about those that couldn't fulfill the same commitment.

Signing up and getting picked for the EN Team wasn't the trophy or reward.
Some forgot it involved being online and showing up to FF's.

I got kicked off the Team for having an opinion about that.

How did the EN Team finish in this international challenge?

Will a Leader of the EN Team announce how our EN Team faired in this event?

WanderingStranger

Does it matter if you show up if you drive 10 people away? No. You kept running your mouth. You have an inability to stop talking until you eventually attack everyone around you. You sunk yourself. Either take responsibility or go cry to people who havnt had to watch you do it for years.

And the event was over for us when you were kicked. I wasnt going to let you attack and abuse the people left. I stick by what i said. If there is another event and it is in my power you will not be in it.

DeletedUser22685

You're spending too much time here, asdf.

I'd like to see a Leader of the EN Team, that hand picked us, to announce how their hand-picked Team finished.

Wandering Stranger?

Block me from tg's, boot me from town, promise me I'll never attend another one... Ok.

You'd be better served, sir, to look at those FF reports and see who was online for your Team.

It's a real dilemma when you have a volunteer toon that was online for EVERY FF for your TEAM to have an opinion about those that couldn't fulfill the same commitment.

Signing up and getting picked for the EN Team wasn't the trophy or reward.
Some forgot it involved being online and showing up to FF's.

I got kicked off the Team for having an opinion about that.

How did the EN Team finish in this international challenge?

Will a Leader of the EN Team announce how our EN Team faired in this event?
Honestly, if I had people acting like this in my team on the event world, I wouldn't want to log in either.

DeletedUser15368

A team can only be as good as its players, and players like deiben got picked, so it must have been thin pickings this year....

DeletedUser38810

En team finished 6’th with 2 points but Swedish/Denmark was

correction

in a general table, the .net team finished in 8th place

HU: 13 points = 1 first
PL: 11 points = 2 place
ES - CZ - DE: 9 points = 3 place (tied)
RU: 8 points = 4 place
BR - IT: 6 points = 5 place (tied)
GR - FR: 5 points = 6 place (tied)
SE+DK: 3 points = 7 place
EN: 2 points = 8 place
NL - SK - RO: 1 point = 9 place (tied)
PT - TR: 0 points = 10 place (tied)

:cool:

asdf124

No, I am pretty sure they were picked on the ability to fort fight...you know, set a target, follow an order, etc. You wouldn't understand.
The players who didn't get into En team says otherwise.

They followed orders of the turkish and swedish teams to the core.....

DeletedUser38810

Nope, some players didn’t get in due to unnecessary hate and prejudice.

you're right, on many servers there were players who did not register for the pre-selection because of experiences from the first tournament and because they do not get along with many other players

asdf124

you're right, on many servers there were players who did not register for the pre-selection because of experiences from the first tournament and because they do not get along with many other players
I am talking about those who did sign up for En team but couldn't get selected due to prejudice.

And his reply makes me feel that he knows everything and what the future is.

Knows what those who weren't selected would do if they were.

Which is exactly what I was talking about, prejudice!

DeletedUser37529

for myself, just as an everyday, all day long, online to the point of why am I not getting paid to do this kind of player, not a nuggeteer, just your everyday run of the mill this is my game I love it kind of player, I grow weary of the complaints, I am sorry some did not make it in, I grow weary of the complaints, yes, some did not commit to the wholeness needed to do this, I grow weary of the complaints, yes some voice an opinion that is not popular, I grow weary of the complaints, yes, we lost again.

All that said, I will re enter again, and again, and again, why,......... 2 things, I met folks I never knew before, became friends with them, and have come to respect them deeply..... and number one...... I do not ever give up, I do not ever give in, I will continue to fight forward, it does us not one of us any good to fight into the past......... for goodness sake folks.. let it go, cheers and congratz to those who won, be good at dealing with loss, or you will never know truly know how to win.

I bid each and all that participated a good journey

E

DeletedUser22685

correction

in a general table, the .net team finished in 8th place

HU: 13 points = 1 first
PL: 11 points = 2 place
ES - CZ - DE: 9 points = 3 place (tied)
RU: 8 points = 4 place
BR - IT: 6 points = 5 place (tied)
GR - FR: 5 points = 6 place (tied)
SE+DK: 3 points = 7 place
EN: 2 points = 8 place
NL - SK - RO: 1 point = 9 place (tied)
PT - TR: 0 points = 10 place (tied)

:cool:
I haven't looked at the actual scoreboard, but if your list is true, that would put EN at 12th, not 8th. Out of 17 servers and for what is supposed to be one of the flagship markets, it is a pretty disappointing result.

I am talking about those who did sign up for En team but couldn't get selected due to prejudice.

And his reply makes me feel that he knows everything and what the future is.

Knows what those who weren't selected would do if they were.

Which is exactly what I was talking about, prejudice!
This is horrible logic. The team was picked based on past performance of players as experienced by the members of the selection team. If several of the selectors believe that a player has exhibited poor fort fighting habits in the past, I'd say it's pretty likely that they'll continue that behaviour in the future. There's generally a reason behind that kind of "prejudice" - if that's what you insist on calling it - and it's not based on a random prediction.

asdf124

I haven't looked at the actual scoreboard, but if your list is true, that would put EN at 12th, not 8th. Out of 17 servers and for what is supposed to be one of the flagship markets, it is a pretty disappointing result.

This is horrible logic. The team was picked based on past performance of players as experienced by the members of the selection team. If several of the selectors believe that a player has exhibited poor fort fighting habits in the past, I'd say it's pretty likely that they'll continue that behaviour in the future. There's generally a reason behind that kind of "prejudice" - if that's what you insist on calling it - and it's not based on a random prediction.
Horrible answer?
So you are telling me that 3 leaders have analyzed the last 2-10 fort battles of each player who signed up to be selected right?

Number of time taken to analyze fort battles should take 5-20 min each.

I am very certain the number of players who tried to join was at least 200 players, which makes it at least 400 fort battles and up to 2000 fort battles.

That means 33 hours and 1 3'rd an hour is minimum time taken if 2 fort battles were taken into account.

While up to 666 hours and 2 3'rd an hour is maximum time taken if 20 min per ff and 2k fort battles.

That takes more "if"s >players were online, behavior of players in said fort battles and following the pack.

I can speak on where I signed up from, which was w11. No leader was from w11 for En team however, some of my fellow w11 players did get in while having less expertise.

Lots of mistakes happened in this competition from En team, either learn from em by finding out what they are.

Or simply repeat em every time.

So, you think that the leaders have a none biased selection process and think that they have done a very good job without actually being told about the selection process by the leaders?????

You are being very naive for thinking that the leaders won't have ill wills against whomever they are selecting or being biased towards their own friends.

But I see the exit door flashing, so I am out of here.

Might sign up next time, but why should I bother?

@futurama1001 : You aren't even a leader in En team and in no position to tell me that it wasn't biased or prejudice, yet, you claim that it wasn't by someone liking someone else more than the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.