International Fort Battle Championship! Discussion

DeletedUser8627

I cannot believe this event was put into motion without proper preparations. The team behind this should have made sure things were ready, and have contingencies for all common issues, before saying go. But no... personal attacks are more the style of the .net team and bugged gameplay and unstable servers are, unfortunately, becoming the style of The West

I do understand why players already are quitting the event, it have been badly planned from day 1.
Simple things like attributes and skills should have been handled prior to notification on the event, not halfway through the enlistment time. And for .net it should have included a "If you are not friend with one of these: <names of "the pros" that selected team>, don't bother signing up... I could probably go on with bad decisions made during the start up phase for a while, but I won't, since my comment doesn't count now that I don't compete in the event :cool:

Please don't mistake my replies for insults - I was merely stating an observation.

You must understand these are not common issues. By doing what we are doing with player accounts are not usually done on our admin panel. Registering 2500 accounts and then further editing them, obviously things can go wrong - at least we have a dedicated team sorting out these problems.

DeletedUser36979

Please don't mistake my replies for insults - I was merely stating an observation.

You must understand these are not common issues. By doing what we are doing with player accounts are not usually done on our admin panel. Registering 2500 accounts and then further editing them, obviously things can go wrong - at least we have a dedicated team sorting out these problems.

An observation stating that it is okay that .net got a head start? And that people from other markets who want to compete on equal terms should not participate? :huh:

Not something usually handled by the team? And you did not expect issues?
Like I stated earlier, this event was poorly planned from day 1, noone did a proper RAA (Risk Assessment and Analysis), because then you'd have know that registration and editing would be impossible in the given time frame. And way too many things was not taken into consideration until people asked for it. The idea of the event is great, the execution of it miserable...

DeletedUser37529

....... just a thought, over all........ this is an epic first time ..... first time... and will improve with hopefully another such event open to us all in the future... we should give due patience , I can understand the frustration.......... if you write code, deal with human beings, or just arrive on time daily, there is always something that can go awry... just is .. I expected that much myself... it is part of life, so I am not bothered. This is still the best thing that has happened to fort fighting here since forts..... lol, try to be of good cheer and enjoy it... just my opinion.

:whistle: good journey to you

DeletedUser37520

I cannot understand why you are participating in this event if you do not even know what the prerequisites for winning are. Town points are irrelevant and will have no affect on determining the winning team at the end of the event. A town can be maxed within 3 days anyway.

Your team arrived late, along with some other teams. We are looking at editing the battle schedule and placing your first match a bit further down the line thus giving you an extra couple of days to get yourselves sorted out.

First of all I want an answer to why this thread was suddenly locked. Aren't we supposed to discuss to discuss the fort battle championship here? I'm well aware of that you have had it stressful and probably didn't want to get bothered by this thread, but censorship is never the right way. Take responsibility for your failures, not hide them away when it because harsher.

Don't pretend like you can't understand what town points really means, other than just a fully built town. It's a sign of organization and time. A group of people with a fully-built town has had far more time than a similar group of people with a non fully-built town. The extra time given means a lot. It means extra time to gather products, recipes, organize the town and gather the team.

Ohh, did I mention that we're still not even 90 people in the Swedish alliance? It definitely doesn't have anything to do with the fact that you denied people here on EN that wanted to fight on our side. Here's the list of our participants: https://forum.the-west.se/showpost.php?p=73350&postcount=8
Why is there only 125 people on it? Your people here are clearly stating that there was only 15 spots over for the EN to join us, even though there where around 40.

I cannot believe this event was put into motion without proper preparations. The team behind this should have made sure things were ready, and have contingencies for all common issues, before saying go. But no... personal attacks are more the style of the .net team and bugged gameplay and unstable servers are, unfortunately, becoming the style of The West

I do understand why players already are quitting the event, it have been badly planned from day 1.
Simple things like attributes and skills should have been handled prior to notification on the event, not halfway through the enlistment time. And for .net it should have included a "If you are not friend with one of these: <names of "the pros" that selected team>, don't bother signing up... I could probably go on with bad decisions made during the start up phase for a while, but I won't, since my comment doesn't count now that I don't compete in the event :cool:

I completely agree with you Anzian (except the last part which I lack the knowledge of to have an informed opinion about). I can't believe how it's possible to organize something as badly as this. Literally everything that could go wrong has gone wrong. Quests has been screwed up, inventories where all over the place, skill and attribute points was incorrect, discrimination of certain servers, server not working and much else.

The usual saying is that you're supposed to learn from your mistakes. The problem here is that everything was a mistake. Is it even possible to learn from so many mistakes? I really don't think so. :no:

DeletedUser8627

An observation stating that it is okay that .net got a head start? And that people from other markets who want to compete on equal terms should not participate? :huh:

Not something usually handled by the team? And you did not expect issues?
Like I stated earlier, this event was poorly planned from day 1, noone did a proper RAA (Risk Assessment and Analysis), because then you'd have know that registration and editing would be impossible in the given time frame. And way too many things was not taken into consideration until people asked for it. The idea of the event is great, the execution of it miserable...

EN did not get a head start. They entered the world with most of the other teams when we opened the world last week.

I've held many events on the EN server in the past, nothing this big of course but I have held fort battle events. I know that many issues can occur very quickly since I've experienced them first hand with my events.

Unfortunately I was not involved in the planning of the event. I only took on the role of co-ordinating the event when the workload exceeded the current co-ordinators capacity to handle everything.

Ohh, did I mention that we're still not even 90 people in the Swedish alliance? It definitely doesn't have anything to do with the fact that you denied people here on EN that wanted to fight on our side. Here's the list of our participants: https://forum.the-west.se/showpost.php?p=73350&postcount=8
Why is there only 125 people on it? Your people here are clearly stating that there was only 15 spots over for the EN to join us, even though there where around 40.
Perhaps you should contact the SE Community Manager and find out what is happening. The EN team is not responsible for SE. They lacked players and we provided them with 15 because that is what was requested from us. As far as I'm aware, DK was also short and has now been combined with SE to form one team.

I'm not responsible for all the teams in this event, each team has a Community Manager. If there is a problem, the player should contact their own Community Manager. Since the event is being hosted on my server, naturally I have an obligation to assist where needed. This I don't mind doing and have been since the world opened it's doors.

I can understand you're upset because you landed up late on the server. I am making provisions on my side to help your team get sorted out. Majority of the markets were well organized and we didn't have problems with them like we had with some others. At this point we can only help the situation as best we can.

DeletedUser35101

How about all of you re-read everything?! And stop blaming .net GM team for things?!

It probably isn't my place to talk and surely would be much wiser to stay out... BUT!

For all complaints you have about your team being late on starting this event.. that blame should be redirected to YOUR lng server GM team.. not towards .net GM team!

What you should do, is ask question WHO was supposed to do import for you.. and than ask that person / people why they fail on doing it. And it isn't .net GM team.. Also ask those people all questions you're here asking .net GM team..

And what you really should do is, say Thank you to .net GM team for doing work they shouldn't be doing, cause some others should of done it long ago.
What else you should do is ask around how many other teams had same or similar problems.. and try guessing who were ones ending up solving it..

Here is another info... many players from .net server who noticed or heard about problem that other lng servers had, were informing .net GM team about it.. we all were sad to see those things, your import not done as it should of been.

So yes.. this forum is wrong place express your anger about things done wrongly.. do it in your lng server forum and ask your GM team there why they were slacking on things.

Here is my thank you note: THANK YOU .NET GM TEAM FOR DOING AROUND CLOCK WORK AND GIVING EVERYTHING INTO MAKING THIS EVENT HAPPEN!

DeletedUser37520

How about all of you re-read everything?! And stop blaming .net GM team for things?!

It probably isn't my place to talk and surely would be much wiser to stay out... BUT!

For all complaints you have about your team being late on starting this event.. that blame should be redirected to YOUR lng server GM team.. not towards .net GM team!

What you should do, is ask question WHO was supposed to do import for you.. and than ask that person / people why they fail on doing it. And it isn't .net GM team.. Also ask those people all questions you're here asking .net GM team..

And what you really should do is, say Thank you to .net GM team for doing work they shouldn't be doing, cause some others should of done it long ago.
What else you should do is ask around how many other teams had same or similar problems.. and try guessing who were ones ending up solving it..

Here is another info... many players from .net server who noticed or heard about problem that other lng servers had, were informing .net GM team about it.. we all were sad to see those things, your import not done as it should of been.

So yes.. this forum is wrong place express your anger about things done wrongly.. do it in your lng server forum and ask your GM team there why they were slacking on things.

Here is my thank you note: THANK YOU .NET GM TEAM FOR DOING AROUND CLOCK WORK AND GIVING EVERYTHING INTO MAKING THIS EVENT HAPPEN!

Since the fort battle championship is hosted on the EN servers, this is also one of the most appropriate places to voice our concerns and opinions on. If you log access the global forum from Awesomia, then this is the forum you'll be directed to. There's of course some things that I'll take directly with the Swedish admins, but most discussions regarding the championship will be held here for me since this is the place where InnoGames, obviously, wants me to discuss it.

It's incredibly hard for me as a player to directly blame against a specific person since I don't have all the information on what has happened, I can really only say that the people behind it (as a group) has done a horrifyingly bad job and has a lot to answer for. Most of my criticism is directed to this group of people, and not a single person. Since I'm directed to this site from Awesomia, everyone responsible for organizing this championship is more than allowed to answer my posts here.

DeletedUser

Were told to battle for the invitation tournament, that will be 20 to 21 PM. Not at 23 PM. A lot of people go to work on a 6 hour!
Real-time battle in the working week is 19 and 21 PM. Saturday and Sunday is not a problem for most people with a time of 23 PM
What time zone is determined? Server Time or GMT?

used google translator ;)

DeletedUser

Server time = CET (Central European Time) and not GMT (UK)
I think it is meant in CET/Server time

DeletedUser8627

As indicated in the post, times are subject to change to accommodate all players from all markets.

Once I have received the information, times will be updated in the announcement.

DeletedUser33353

. Since I'm directed to this site from Awesomia, everyone responsible for organizing this championship is more than allowed to answer my posts here.

In that case I will......the .net team has been working around the clock to fix things that should have been taken care of by the other servers teams. As I am not there in those servers I personally can not comment on their shortcomings(crap happens I guess).

This event is something that has never been tried before server-wide, so.....a few hiccups are to be expected.

If you wish to keep bellyaching about those things, that is of course your right. Constructive criticism would be better in this case or this may be the one and only event of this nature hosted.

I for one would like to see more of these events hosted. I would even pony up 100+nuggets to be even considered to be part of one.

DeletedUser35259

No head start. Sure!
All is still fair. Right!
Please, come on.

I was (am) on the Dutch team, I also won't be playing any further, there are still a lot of players from our team trying to get on the server, our first FF is tomorrow....

And yes, also the nugget-advantage of .net (as mentioned many times before). I won't be playing myself because of aforementioned problems & assorted mistakes discussed in this thread (alongside a lot of other players from Dutch, Belgian, Swedish, Danish and Spanish servers).
I thank the .net-(mod)team for their hard work in trying to solve this mess, but I also hope only for one thing now, to see the .net-players crushed and humbled in this tournament. But I'm sure the Polaks will see to that. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

In that case I will......the .net team has been working around the clock to fix things that should have been taken care of by the other servers teams. As I am not there in those servers I personally can not comment on their shortcomings(crap happens I guess).

As one of the people in the other servers you're mentioning, I can assure you that we've been working around the clock as well.
Crap does indeed happen and it happened in this case so I do, politely, ask that you avoid terms like "shortcomings",
since that wasn't really the issue here. It sends a pretty negative message to the people affected by the problems that occured,
both players and those involved with trying to fix the problems.

There's no need to point fingers, not at the .net team nor at any other team. We're all working our butts of to make this into
an epic battle for forts, so please, don't make it seem like we're not.

DeletedUser36927

So I didn't get into the International Championship and I missed my opportunity to join the SE team - my fault; BUT, I am very hopeful that this event will be offered again in the future and am working to build up my Fort Fighting experience to be considered. It is very disheartening to hear the negative comments here. As with anything in life, the first introduction of something new, almost never runs smoothly and error free. It is a learning opportunity.

Perhaps awards can be offered to every team who participates in this initial event so that the competition is still active, but winning is not as critical for those who were unable to sign in on schedule. I don't know what the best solution is but I think we can be respectful of both those who are working so hard to make it work and to those who have been impacted by the challenges.

Lastly - if people are quitting will there be room for last minute additions? I'd jump at a chance to participate in this event if so....

Costinha3

Battle at 23 PM --- Brasil 19 PM --- Moscow 2 AM
good joke :D

As indicated in the post, times are subject to change to accommodate all players from all markets.

Once I have received the information, times will be updated in the announcement.

Good evening, as Hamerinski pointed out, not all servers got the ideal times to fight, so who should deal with the negociation to change to something more fitting to all, each Comm Manager, or the assembly of leaders that each server has? :dastardly:

Good luck to everyone on the "World Cup"
Costinha, participant of the PT Team :cowboy:

DeletedUser33353

There's no need to point fingers, not at the .net team nor at any other team. We're all working our butts of to make this into
an epic battle for forts, so please, don't make it seem like we're not.

Never pointed anything, as I said....I do not play any other servers, so I can not comment. ;)

DeletedUser35241

lol we have swedes and dutch complaining here about the event yet there are no germans, hungarians, italians or well other teams complaining about problems.

it seems to me that your complaints are a true reflection on how organised your team really is lol

:rolleyes::no: