International Fort Battle Championship! Discussion

DeletedUser20054

Hello again,

I was asked to provide more information on how the process was held, so that some of the questions would be answered.

The selection of the team was made by a committee of 14 people that represented all active worlds. Each member of that committee could cast one vote per candidate and all votes were of equal value. Those with the highest “score” got in the fort fighting championship to represent the .net team.

The committee had agreed in advance the classes ratio they wanted for the event, this means how many soldiers, duellers, workers, advents. This was done to have the most effective team.

The selection process was held in three rounds. During the first round 64 players were picked. During the second round 55 players and in the third and last round 31 players were picked in order to complete the team and fill in the needed spots.

Votes were cast according to the player’s teamwork skills, dedication to fort fighting, fort fighting knowledge, cooperation skills as well as overall behaviour in the game.

I hope this clarifies a bit some things for you.

DeletedUser35780

Votes were cast according to the player’s teamwork skills, dedication to fort fighting, fort fighting knowledge, cooperation skills as well as overall behaviour in the game.

1. What are the units in which to measure it?
2. How can know one representative of the world 1 if one player of the world 15 have these criteria?

DeletedUser20054

One small addition.

Those in the committee are people that have been fort fighting for a long time, therefore they know the ff scene very well.

DeletedUser35780

One small addition.

Those in the committee are people that have been fort fighting for a long time, therefore they know the ff scene very well.

1 i dont think thzy know very well.
2 All arguments used have a means to measure, so are interpretable

DeletedUser35120

On the basis of what you said, Musa, then we should not have been required to provide extra details below our in-game names. If the committee knew all about every people, and HP, levels weren't a criteria why make us waste our time writing that. We could have simply mentioned, Oh hello.. I wanna join if you are willing to take me in your team, and nothing more than that.

Personally speaking, I'm glad I wasn't selected now. I never wanted to be in a team where favoritism goes on. And where people blindly believe in their "old-fortfighters" who believe the new can't be as good as them, and then they think they know the "ff scene very well". I'm not a know-it-all, and neither are you, or anyone else. Teamwork, huh? Shown great teamwork in the selection process right away.

Check the polish forums out and see how they took every player in their team. They go by statistics, a definite value on definite units. Maybe there's something to learn from them for the future. ;)

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30724

i agree with Anny on that matter...and as i suspected and Musa explained the ppl were picked not by "Inno ppl" but among "casts" on every server...so to speak "personal like/dislike" base....as also Anny said...just my 2 cents on this matter...and one more thing and then am over with this matter...one more time we have seen how this The West game turned out in all those years that exists...nuggets based, "personal" relationships private game i would say....cheers

Diggo11

On the basis of what you said, Musa, then we should not have been required to provide extra details below our in-game names. If the committee knew all about every people, and HP, levels weren't a criteria why make us waste our time writing that. We could have simply mentioned, Oh hello.. I wanna join if you are willing to take me in your team, and nothing more than that.

Check the polish forums out and see how they took every player in their team. They go by statistics, a definite value on definite units. Maybe there's something to learn from them for the future.
Out of fourteen people, clearly not everyone would know absolutely everyone well, depending on what worlds they play. Giving people the opportunity to present their pitch sounds quite sensible to me. Both memory and statistics can be misleading...

DeletedUser35780

Or next time ask us:
Silly if you're not friends with the leaders do not register.

DeletedUser36653

Statistics can be a very misleading way of picking people, statistics don't attribute for hiding, people that cause arguments, all it speaks of is your build & ability to stay alive.

As already said, the group of 14 people were selected to help choose this team, and that word is important and also why many people didn't get in. Personally I selected those I know that have commitment, reliability, and will do whatever asked of them, whenever asked to do it. Since I don't play every world I'm not able judge every single world, so we have to trust the word of other people in that group, this is where some people may scream the "bias" card. I can assure the opposite, the people taking part in the selection process were from different worlds, different alliances & certainly not all best friends picking their favourites as some may claim, there's a reason we had to take extra time picking our list, because it was difficult.

You can call it the best friends club all you want, you can say that the selection process is wrong, or you could take a look at yourself and come to a conclusion as to why you may not have been included, either way the list was chosen to the best of our abilities & I believe we've assembled a team that can achieve victory. Go team EN.

DeletedUser

Out of fourteen people, clearly not everyone would know absolutely everyone well, depending on what worlds they play. Giving people the opportunity to present their pitch sounds quite sensible to me. Both memory and statistics can be misleading...

Well the Dakota guy would surely know the person who leads every battle for an alliance regularly over a period of what? 2 years now? And having 800+ battles completed and being in the top ten in westforts (again, this can be ignored). But surely you can't miss something like that?

DeletedUser

There are so many things that could have been said about this, and for a few minutes I managed to refrain from doing that. But what the heck, I'll get it out of the system, and move on.

If these were the criteria used, I believe, like Anny, that you should have skipped what Twista asked us to provide since that has not been taken into account.
It would have been better to ask each person to provide a short summary of what they bring to the table in this competition and why they should be selected.

For myself, I know that I am opinionated in many situations, I know I provoke people, but I am also a team player, supporting my alliance and team mates behind the scenes, I reskill when needed to whatever build is necessary, and I fight for the team in fort battles. These things aren't always seen by people outside the alliance. Most often not. The support of the alliance with polishing stones and westerners in the range of many hundreds is not seen outside the alliance and almost never inside the alliance either, since they are delivered into a pool managed by someone else.

These and other things I am willing to bet that those 14 don't know - they have seen the first part, the opinionated part :)

My point being, without at least an opportunity to present what one brings to the table, WHEN that is what one is being judged by, it becomes a "if you know the leader you're in" kinda thing and NOT, picking the best team for the .net servers.

Those who really know me, or those who can read between the lines see that I do whatever it takes to win - I am ranked #1 in Briscoe and has been for quite some time; I have been ranked as #1 in achievements not only in Briscoe or .net, but all over for a period of time, until Anny took me down from that throne.
When the new recipes came out I decided to be the first to reach 700 craft skill points, and I do believe I might have been the first one; at least I was in Briscoe and probably in .net.
Why should these things matter? It shows that when I sign up for something, it is of course to do whatever it takes for win. In this situation it would mean to do whatever it takes to help .net win; both in the actual battles, but also in the hours between, when preparing for battle is key.

I am more competitive than most people in .net and such people tend to piss other people off at times, but when the team needs to win, it also means that they are a hell of resource to have at your side.

Anyway, there might be other reasons for why I wasn't selected, but based on my results I truly believe I am able to contribute more than the average person in the list of people selected. If you were in doubt about that, it is also possible to reach out and ask me some clarifying questions. It's called communication, which is an essential part of teamwork.

And regarding Anny - I truly can't believe that you let such a resource get away from the team; even more competitive than me it seems :)

-xq

DeletedUser34338

Guys we can't change anything now they have picked their team let them plan and try to win. I just hope if any other events happen it will not just be the same people in all separate events since this game does attract the inner circle that runs all worlds on this server.

Also all of the people that has shared their opinions has higher experience/knowledge than half of the list so experience is not how this was done.

DeletedUser20054

The reason DT asked for so many information at the start was because at first the event was not fully planned. Don't put the blame on us or Twista if the organisers of the event hadn't made up their minds yet when they announced the championship.

First thing we found out is that we'll pick new professions. This means that the crafting class was unneeded.

Second thing we found out was that the skillset won't be transferred to the new world. This means that all players will get a "free reskill". Aka we didn't need to ask for the player's hp.

Thank you

DeletedUser35415

As I see, our mods have no idea about fort fights :) How many LD builds did u pick up, team? :) or u think HP can do everything? :D

DeletedUser

It is tough to not be selected. I can certainly understand that. But, the selection team was made up of people from all worlds, who know players from all worlds. They tried to look at all aspects of a fort fighter, not just gear, or level, etc. I am sure we could never get exactly the perfect team, but I am sure the selection committe did their very best for EN.

DeletedUser

What will be the procedure to enter with another team if I wasn't selected for the EN team?

DeletedUser33353

Wow, after scanning through this thread...all I have to say is some people obviously need a nap. And a blankie.
A large amount of people entered and when this happens, a few will always be left out.
If you feel left out due to bias I can assure you this was not the case here.
A select committee was selected, and everyone had a say so on all the entrants.
As to who was on that committee, that is not really needed be known.
As far as the criteria that was used, again.....that really does not need be known.

I hate to say this,but I expected more out of .net people.
A great team has been formed, and I hope great things will be accomplished.

Feel free to flame me. I am a big boy, I can handle it ;)

DeletedUser37812

Being competitive and seeking self centered achievement and damage goals has nothing to do with listening to orders and moving as instructed. Briscoe is, by far, the most 1-sided world there is on .net. Tactics are way behind, nothing has changed in years, I am suprised anyone from that world got chosen. I know the fort battle scene extremely well on all 6 worlds I play, I was not on the committtee and had no idea who was a mod till I joined the forum a couple weeks ago. Agree or disagree, they had a tough job to do and could not please all 300 + entrants.

DeletedUser

Being competitive and seeking self centered achievement and damage goals has nothing to do with listening to orders and moving as instructed. Briscoe is, by far, the most 1-sided world there is on .net. Tactics are way behind, nothing has changed in years, I am suprised anyone from that world got chosen. I know the fort battle scene extremely well on all 6 worlds I play, I was not on the committtee and had no idea who was a mod till I joined the forum a couple weeks ago. Agree or disagree, they had a tough job to do and could not please all 300 + entrants.

Of course being competitive has everything to do with it - it's about winning, and in winning it means doing what it takes. Winning a competition like this means that you follow orders, you do what it takes outside the battles and play for the team. That is the ONLY way to win, and you seriously think that would not happen from someone wanting nothing, but the top spot in the podium with the rest of the team?

And about Briscoe being one-sided.... There is one single reason for why it has come to that in the later months SSB, and that is DurtyDave and his excellent leadership skills and tactics. He has turned things around from leading an underdog of alliance, being seriously out-gunned on HP, but still managed to win battle after battle because of great tactics and an ability to make the whole team follow orders and work as one. I understand of course that a guy like you blame that on the world being biased since it otherwise would mean that you are not up to the task of winning fort battles even with a significant HP advantage.
If the other worlds you play in are so much better you would of course have brought those tatics to Briscoe and easily won every single battle you had entered; since that hasn't happen your arguments are just fairy tales. Simple as that.

PS: And the comment about self-centered dmg goals; The alliance learned that I could do more dmg than most duelers, sometimes all of them, so it was agreed that such a build would serve the alliance best. Get your facts straight before you throw accusations and assumptions around. DS

If you feel left out due to bias I can assure you this was not the case here.
A select committee was selected, and everyone had a say so on all the entrants.
As to who was on that committee, that is not really needed be known.
As far as the criteria that was used, again.....that really does not need be known.

I hate to say this,but I expected more out of .net people.
A great team has been formed, and I hope great things will be accomplished.

I hate to say this, but I expected more of .net people, too....
Of course there was bias; it has already been shown, since some of the best players in .net weren't selected.

Of course it is needed to know who was on the committee and what criteria were used - If you really mean that it is not needed, then it just confirms what others have said; you need to know someone to get in. It is a group of friends who has come together to select friends.
I mean, what other conclusions can be drawn when everything about the selection process is kept secret..

DeletedUser11353

Honestly, I can't complain about not getting picked because of my low level level but a lot of names from the list are a joke compared to some missing but oh well.. :) And yes, I've taken team work and skills in my criteria.. Anyway good luck and do your best in the championship.