International Fort Battle Championship! Discussion

DeletedUser37822

I'll give you a gold medal for this post.

Two birds with one stone here. Assigned SP/AP will be copied across which means one reskill can actually reskill two characters.

The downfall here is that you might have to wait a couple of days not skilled until your character is copied over. The migration process can be a lengthy one.

*takes gold medal* *cries in emotion* :D

kidding aside, to change my main char and help my country with it, it would take me $2.5kk (without nuggs) to reset my pure trader. it would add (maybe) $4kk+ after going full-hp on the main and then needing to change back (mainly cuz it's a dead world battle-wise *cries*) - not that those values are to high for the $$ that i have there, but i'm a bit of a Scrooge Mcduck myself :D
so with my option of just having to pay 2.5kk ''entry fee'' for this? hell yeah XD

Would like to get that Potion of New Beginning in Portuguese Deadwwod, thanks hahaha [i know it won't happen :(]

DeletedUser34408

Any chance of entertaining the idea to abolish KO protection for the event or lower protection from 24/72hrs to 8/24hrs ? And, abolish duelling protection for townless participants? Rationale being that it would make for an interesting dynamic, does one farm products (HP and damage buffs and the like) for their team to give them a distinct advantage at the risk of being shot and or sliced up?

Who will assume ownership of the Battle Fort(s)? Reason I ask, will participants be allowed to sleep in the battle fort barracks?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

deiben has the idea here, nice show!

The only way we are going to be successful in this event is if we work as a team. If we have players participating in specific roles, such as farming product for crafting - the market is there to be used and you should be supplying your team with crafted buffs.
Duelling is permitted, and it would be a good idea that our good duelers bring along their duelling set. We can remove some HP from some players before each battle.

At the end this is not about whose the best fort fighters, it boils down to tactics and co-operation. We won't only choose the best fort fighters but also players that duel regularly, that can farm products properly, crafters (Eventhough they need to gain all recipes again. The aim of the game is to outsmart the other teams.

Your text regarding the item transfer is correct. However, anything that can be used will not be able to transfer and the bond letter falls within this category.

There are a lot of tactics I've already come up with but won't be sharing to the public since I know some of the other CMs are visiting this thread and reading feedback (Yes BAR, I can see you reading this). But remember, you lose the copied character in the end so whatever you want duplicated across will be lost while it will remain on your original character. If you have an free slot for a weapon someone else can use for upgrading, bring it - it'll help another player in our team.

Prizes I believe will be handed out to everyone in the winning teams.

Based on this description, is it worth for example my build being a 6.3k hp adventurer, that is actually a very heavy vigor/resistance duel build? That way I can duel heavy on the opposition, and have the gear to be able pump up the hp to a reasonable amount for the FF. What do you think?

Nisa

Based on this description, is it worth for example my build being a 6.3k hp adventurer, that is actually a very heavy vigor/resistance duel build? That way I can duel heavy on the opposition, and have the gear to be able pump up the hp to a reasonable amount for the FF. What do you think?

That's up to you. I don't plan to duel at all or will worry about dueling. My plan is to KO myself and spend energy and time on collecting products.

DeletedUser35120

It would have been worth if it were 3 years ago.. reason why I'm saying this is, the max hp attainable has increased a lot, it has doubled within 3 years.. in fact more. So when you take out 2k hp from a tank, it's more of a mosquito bite to the player.. the total % of HP deducted is very less, also the fact that.. the player gets to use the cinema these days as well, which recharges 3% HP per movie (total 15%). And also he can sleep for half an hr before battle. Imho, dueling won't have much of an effect in this contest.

P.S.:- Da Twista, will the unassigned APs and SPs be copied to the event world?

neel shah

Maybe duel pure leadership guys and dueler class from opposite team ?
We barely hit 7k HP, I myself top at 7.2k in Scouts, but prefer 5k in Barts.
Plus, KO'ing a pure leadership guy just prior to battle, may be the key to a win sometimes.

DeletedUser26820

Pretty sure of the answers but would like clarification....

Will The Outlaw's gear be available to be copied over as one of the (3) gear/set options?
I'm guessing yes.

Will grand prize event weapon sets, such as a Manitu's spear and bow be available to be copied over as one of the (3) weapon/left hand options?
I'm also guessing yes on this one.

DeletedUser35520

*takes gold medal* *cries in emotion* :D

kidding aside, to change my main char and help my country with it, it would take me $2.5kk (without nuggs) to reset my pure trader. it would add (maybe) $4kk+ after going full-hp on the main and then needing to change back (mainly cuz it's a dead world battle-wise *cries*) - not that those values are to high for the $$ that i have there, but i'm a bit of a Scrooge Mcduck myself :D
so with my option of just having to pay 2.5kk ''entry fee'' for this? hell yeah XD

Would like to get that Potion of New Beginning in Portuguese Deadwwod, thanks hahaha [i know it won't happen :(]

well don't forget to reset the shaman for 18 nugs 3-5 times. will cut your cost of reskill to under a mil, that to me is worth spending a couple of bucks on nugs

DeletedUser37822

well don't forget to reset the shaman for 18 nugs 3-5 times. will cut your cost of reskill to under a mil, that to me is worth spending a couple of bucks on nugs

i will not need to spend €€ due to been saving the nuggs ever since last january (for this upcoming christmas) so kinda saved there, still, don't really wanna spend either currency with this, if possible :D
but yeah, as a collector in the PT server i'll probably much rather use 18 nuggs and just save 1.4kk right away - not much, but meh
still from what i've been seing there, i'll probably don't even make the cut :(

also guessing a free reskill on the new server is completly off the possibilities

and a concret anwser on the unnasigned AP/SP being transfered to the new server would be nice (since someone asked that same question again after me :D)

DeletedUser36029

If you read back soul, you will see that question was answered by daTwista ;)

DeletedUser37812

What kind of premium will the event world be? expanded premium?. Also, the use of premium during the event will be the most important aspect of winning battles, farming products, etc. Could another question be added to the sign up list to ensure people are willing to go premium for the event?

DeletedUser37822

If you read back soul, you will see that question was answered by daTwista ;)

I've read back, but as you might have already realized English is not my mothertongue, so as you might guess there are a few things that I miss :D
But so I'm guessing/believing that the unassigned are copied over, which is near perfect (perfect would be a free reset hehehe)

DeletedUser36563

I'm a virgin at this so not sure what benefits my character will get in world 11.

DeletedUser35101

Assigned SP/AP will be copied across which means one reskill can actually reskill two characters.

The downfall here is that you might have to wait a couple of days not skilled until your character is copied over. The migration process can be a lengthy one.

Same question as others for clarification on this..
Steps on how this will happen:
1. One signs up with whatever current built they have, giving info what will they do if chosen for event with guy they are entering with
2. Wait in current built for note about being selected and than reskill to "nothing", meaning all AP and SP are free points to be placed anywhere (on both characters).. free points are copied as free points
3. Wait till character is copied and than reskill both characters to whatever person wants to skill (original and event world)
Did i get this correctly?!

Oh and another question.. on original world we can play normally.. do our jobs, battles etc too?
Also.. since moment people are created on new world they can do things on it (not just founding towns and arranging forums, but jobs and rest too)? Do people get note when character is created on new world or wait till see it in sign up window?

EDIT: Can we chose upgraded items as set parts?

Thanks

DeletedUser29831

Another quick question, will we be able to use the shaman in the new world, or do we have to go through the quests to get him?

DeletedUser37822

Just a quick question that hitted my mind:
What happens if two players have the same in game name, and both get chosen to the tournment.
AKA:
A guy from EN is called JoeyLasagna and a different guy from PT is also called JoeyLasagna. both get called up, what happens to their names on the new server? :D

DeletedUser33353

Really? They will both be dead in the first round. Check the rules....page 3, paragraph 15, subtext 11. Next question? ;)

DeletedUser8627

Good morning guys,

Sorry for the late replies, I will try and answer everything in one go here so please forgive the abnormally large post.

Just to clarify, I don't have to reskill right now, but if I get chosen, I can reskill before the magic copy macine thingy does it tricks?

Correct. No point wasting resources for a reskill if you are not selected to join us in the tournament. As long as you have indicated in your entry that you will be reskilling, you should be perfectly fine.

I will be away from 6th - 12th November.

So what if I get selected, but confirm my entry a bit late, like on 12th, am I still in or do you get another FF'er in place of me ?

We are not just recruiting based on whose online during fort battles. The first fort battle is a little under a month away so you should be back by then anyway. This wouldn't affect the recruitment process either - no need to worry.

Can we spectate, or watch replays of the battles we're not part of, or if we don't get picked?
I was wondering...many of us won't be able to participate, so are there any means by which we can spectate? And I don't mean westforts replays, but livestreaming the matches or something like that? Maybe someone can set up a twitch channel like Jaro said.

I'm not sure if other servers are planning on a livestream of their battles but I will make sure that EN battles are live streamed for everyone to view. We will also have a section where the participants can view text from players not in the world - just for best wishes, words of encouragement and good lucks you know :)

if you signed up for this and want out, how do you remove your entry ?

If you wish to be removed from the recruiting process, please send me a private forum message so I can sort this out for you.

Hello all
I have been slacking from a long time in The West , but checking forums here and then ;)
is there still any entry spots available for this event ? :)

You may still enter. Entries close on the 9th of November. Only a handful of spots have been allocated already and to those who are helping in the recruitment process. We will be taking entrants in two batches. The first batch will include those players that are well established in their world and participate in fort battles regularly. The second batch we will be concentrating more on those players that are not really well known but they know what they are doing - we want to give everyone a chance regardless if they are famous in their worlds.

Any chance of entertaining the idea to abolish KO protection for the event or lower protection from 24/72hrs to 8/24hrs ? And, abolish duelling protection for townless participants? Rationale being that it would make for an interesting dynamic, does one farm products (HP and damage buffs and the like) for their team to give them a distinct advantage at the risk of being shot and or sliced up?

Who will assume ownership of the Battle Fort(s)? Reason I ask, will participants be allowed to sleep in the battle fort barracks?

I'll bring this up with the event co-ordinator and other CMs to see their opinions about GM settings that prevent KO protection townless duelling. This is a fort battle event though, and I already feel that duelling should be kept to a minimum. Duelling is a strategy that is involved in fort battles but I don't think changing the dynamics from how it is on regular worlds will be welcomed. I will post more feedback on this once it becomes available.

I'm not 100% sure how many teams will be involved in this event yet. I do have a number but this might change due to recruitment processes not going very well or maybe too well on other servers. But each team should only have ownership of a fort when they win a battle which they can use for sleeping. The more battles they win, the more forts they will own. Of course, there are other factors that will need to be considered so everyone is in a fair environment and can have access to barracks.

It would have been worth if it were 3 years ago.. reason why I'm saying this is, the max hp attainable has increased a lot, it has doubled within 3 years.. in fact more. So when you take out 2k hp from a tank, it's more of a mosquito bite to the player.. the total % of HP deducted is very less, also the fact that.. the player gets to use the cinema these days as well, which recharges 3% HP per movie (total 15%). And also he can sleep for half an hr before battle. Imho, dueling won't have much of an effect in this contest.

Anny is correct. How it is on regular servers will be very similar on the event world. Duelling won't have that much of an affect on fort battles but remember, we would also have more onliners in these battles. More active players can target the enemy and the results will be more severe.

Regarding the SP and AP for this event. I have received some conflicting information about this. I'm just awaiting feedback from the event co-ordinator.
Understand that the mechanics are the event are changing throughout the process to accommodate fixes for potential issues. It looks like one of the recent changes would include that full skillsets won't be transferred over. But rather unallocated SP and AP instead. Reasons being is that players wanting to participate need to reskill plus premium players from full premium worlds are able to buy SP and AP which makes it a little unfair towards those players on enhanced premium worlds. To keep everyone fair, SP and AP will be allocated according to your level (1 level = 1 AP and 3 SP). I will confirm this.

Pretty sure of the answers but would like clarification....

Will The Outlaw's gear be available to be copied over as one of the (3) gear/set options?
I'm guessing yes.

Will grand prize event weapon sets, such as a Manitu's spear and bow be available to be copied over as one of the (3) weapon/left hand options?
I'm also guessing yes on this one.

Any items that you currently have in your inventory can be transferred across regardless of how it was gained.

What kind of premium will the event world be? expanded premium?. Also, the use of premium during the event will be the most important aspect of winning battles, farming products, etc. Could another question be added to the sign up list to ensure people are willing to go premium for the event?

According to the SP and AP change, it will be an enhanced premium world which will exclude the purchasing of AP and SP. Again I will confirm all these details as soon as possible.

Same question as others for clarification on this..
Steps on how this will happen:
1. One signs up with whatever current built they have, giving info what will they do if chosen for event with guy they are entering with
2. Wait in current built for note about being selected and than reskill to "nothing", meaning all AP and SP are free points to be placed anywhere (on both characters).. free points are copied as free points
3. Wait till character is copied and than reskill both characters to whatever person wants to skill (original and event world)
Did i get this correctly?!

Oh and another question.. on original world we can play normally.. do our jobs, battles etc too?
Also.. since moment people are created on new world they can do things on it (not just founding towns and arranging forums, but jobs and rest too)? Do people get note when character is created on new world or wait till see it in sign up window?

EDIT: Can we chose upgraded items as set parts?

Thanks

Regarding the SP and AP query, check above at my other response.

You will probably be notified via email when your character is on the new world. But you won't have access to it until we open it to the public. This is to ensure everyone can start at the exact same time with their regular jobbing and founding towns etc...

Upgraded item can be copied over.

Another quick question, will we be able to use the shaman in the new world, or do we have to go through the quests to get him?

The new world is like any other world in the game. Whatever is locked when you start a world, will be locked until you have met the requirements to unlock it.

Just a quick question that hitted my mind:
What happens if two players have the same in game name, and both get chosen to the tournment.
AKA:
A guy from EN is called JoeyLasagna and a different guy from PT is also called JoeyLasagna. both get called up, what happens to their names on the new server? :D

JoeyLasagna on EN will remain as JoeyLasagna while the other JoeyLasagna from the other server will undergo a cosmestic name change :)

DeletedUser

It would be worth it if PaPa's suggestion of little/no KO protection takes place :)

From reading, it seems that towns will need building up, but will forts need to be founded and built as well or will they be pre built with the soul purpose of the event, and not used for anything else?