International Fort Battle Championship! Discussion

DeletedUser37520

I'm slowly beginning to fear that the Swedish Team won't even be able to get together our team anymore. A of lot people were already very dissatisfied with the game after several server crashes that ruined fort battles and jobs in general, adventures not working and so on. Because of the complete fiasco the start of this championship has been (I've yet to receive my email..) several players have basically just said that they'll skip the championship. I can't blame them.

InnoGames even postponed the championship for a whole week and still nothing is working on launch. Our admins are saying that it's because there's a lot of data about the players that needs to be added, and I'm just here left wondering why on Earth this wasn't done before. When I walk into a grocery that just opened for the day I expect that the food is on the shelves ready to be bought, I and probably the whole Swedish server expected the same to apply here. Don't open up an empty grocery, open it up when there's food to buy.

DeletedUser37805

People from the Netherlands don't have problems with logging into Awesomia :D
We aren't registered on the world yet....
Our CM is the fastest of all (we have to wait at least two days more...)

DeletedUser37520

People from the Netherlands don't have problems with logging into Awesomia :D
We aren't registered on the world yet....
Our CM is the fastest of all (we have to wait at least two days more...)

Hehe, same spot as we're in then. Our admin told us now "we'll wait until at least tomorrow and see if it has been resolved" which is fairly alarming. The first battle date probably has to be postponed, especially if it doesn't resolves itself early tomorrow morning.

DeletedUser

Where is the list of players from .net assisting the .se server? We need that list to get the people organised in our town. If any mod can please mail me the list it would be very helpful. Thanks.

DeletedUser

Where is the list of players from .net assisting the .se server? We need that list to get the people organised in our town. If any mod can please mail me the list it would be very helpful. Thanks.

1. David Gilmour
2. Hydro67
3. DaDean
4. Donna D
5. Introvert MJ
6. 4Pavle4
7. Boot
8. Komrad Kallahan
9. joebrownforgame
10. Minimalizam
11. Umm Suqeim
12. KeiLee
13. Jackolantern38
14. OldStyle
15. johnnygunn

You can find it here:
https://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=56604&page=39

Post by Jarograv 21.11.15, 14:52

DeletedUser37520

Good job InnoGames. :rolleyes: For every hour of you messing things up, our team is losing its motivation.

Any estimated time for when the problems is fixed? This is getting increasingly more frustrating. For those of you that's playing on the EN server normally, how's it for you? Are your players also unregistered and can't even attempt to log in or is it working decently for you? (raising this question because the event is organized on EN servers)

Seems like I got access to the server now, just one day to late. Stuck in one of the first beginner quests since I don't have any attribute points to place on Strength. At least the weather is nice, especially that white fog surrounding the world.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8627

We are busy sorting out SE accounts out now. There was a problem with NL players that were not even registered yet which took priority but since NL is being done at a steady rate, SE has been started and we are busy going through each account.

Please understand that myself and my GM team were not responsible for registering all the language servers here. The workload we initially received has already been completed and we are taking over more language servers when we have the time to help out.

But please extend my apologies for the delay to your team members. I understand it is frustrating not being able to access the world and not having all your gear sorted out and knowing other teams have already been done. We have been working around the clock to get the workload completed. I think by the end of today everyone would be completed and we will continue helping those who are struggling with passwords and general issues they have.

Apelatia

All bonuses will be applied to the event world in good time. It is likely that we will have the speed bonus up and running in the next couple of days. We are currently working around the clock to make sure everyone is on the server and ready for the start of the event.

DeletedUser37520

We are busy sorting out SE accounts out now. There was a problem with NL players that were not even registered yet which took priority but since NL is being done at a steady rate, SE has been started and we are busy going through each account.

How's this different from the situation that our players are in? I didn't have my account there until yesterday evening (more than 24 hours late) and this was also the case for a lot of my town members back on Swedish Dakota. I still don't have my clothes and I'm therefore not capable of doing anything. I can't even leave the hotel, because then somebody will probably KO me.

The server needs to be restarted, for the sake of equality. The Russians has a total amount of 90 000 town points in their three towns, the Slovens 74 000 town points and the Germans 82 000 town points. That's our group. We on the Swedish team got three towns with a total amount of 52 000 town points. How's that fair? Our towns are far behind and we haven't had the same time as the others has had collecting products for buffs and leveling up our craft. So, as I said, the world needs to be restarted. It would mean that everyone started off at an equal setting (with the exception of EN having access to their nuggets while most others don't) and would make it so that a lot more people took the competition much more seriously. There really isn't anything to discuss. You can restart the world and make it fair, or you can let it be and make it unfair. It's your choice; don't be a fool.

If you decide to not restart the server, how will you make it so that the Swedish team (and the rest of the teams left behind) will get a fair and equal chance at competing? A completely fair and equal chance can never be achieved, but something is better than nothing. Will we receive extra buffs? Our town maxed out immediately? Anything at all? As it stands now, I'll not care about the fort battles or the competition there at all. I'll be at the battles, but other than that I'll probably just duel the other towns. I've had town mates back on Dakota literally talking about quiting the game because they're so sick and tired of all the bull that InnoGames throws our way (and this championship was the nail in the coffin).

DeletedUser

Well I all I can say is most of the work done on the 3 swedish towns so far have been done by the .EN people since we were the first ones there from their team. I've seen them struggle with getting their levels and equipment correct and so far only 1/3 rd of them have made it home. We have no idea how long it will take to get all of us in one place given the state of things atm, whereas other teams hace started work on their organisation. However we cannot begin the collective work as unit yet because of these issues.

DeletedUser37520

I would also like to raise the issue of us only being 124 players and now probably even less since some people have most definitely skipped the event because of all this trouble. There were several people from both EN and DE that wanted to be apart of our team but got denied. Why was this the case? We got at least 26 spots open, and you're denying people? :blink:

DeletedUser8627

How's this different from the situation that our players are in? I didn't have my account there until yesterday evening (more than 24 hours late) and this was also the case for a lot of my town members back on Swedish Dakota. I still don't have my clothes and I'm therefore not capable of doing anything. I can't even leave the hotel, because then somebody will probably KO me.

The server needs to be restarted, for the sake of equality. The Russians has a total amount of 90 000 town points in their three towns, the Slovens 74 000 town points and the Germans 82 000 town points. That's our group. We on the Swedish team got three towns with a total amount of 52 000 town points. How's that fair? Our towns are far behind and we haven't had the same time as the others has had collecting products for buffs and leveling up our craft. So, as I said, the world needs to be restarted. It would mean that everyone started off at an equal setting (with the exception of EN having access to their nuggets while most others don't) and would make it so that a lot more people took the competition much more seriously. There really isn't anything to discuss. You can restart the world and make it fair, or you can let it be and make it unfair. It's your choice; don't be a fool.

If you decide to not restart the server, how will you make it so that the Swedish team (and the rest of the teams left behind) will get a fair and equal chance at competing? A completely fair and equal chance can never be achieved, but something is better than nothing. Will we receive extra buffs? Our town maxed out immediately? Anything at all? As it stands now, I'll not care about the fort battles or the competition there at all. I'll be at the battles, but other than that I'll probably just duel the other towns. I've had town mates back on Dakota literally talking about quiting the game because they're so sick and tired of all the bull that InnoGames throws our way (and this championship was the nail in the coffin).

I cannot understand why you are participating in this event if you do not even know what the prerequisites for winning are. Town points are irrelevant and will have no affect on determining the winning team at the end of the event. A town can be maxed within 3 days anyway.

Your team arrived late, along with some other teams. We are looking at editing the battle schedule and placing your first match a bit further down the line thus giving you an extra couple of days to get yourselves sorted out.

DeletedUser36979

I cannot understand why you are participating in this event if you do not even know what the prerequisites for winning are. Town points are irrelevant and will have no affect on determining the winning team at the end of the event. A town can be maxed within 3 days anyway.

Your team arrived late, along with some other teams. We are looking at editing the battle schedule and placing your first match a bit further down the line thus giving you an extra couple of days to get yourselves sorted out.

I cannot believe this event was put into motion without proper preparations. The team behind this should have made sure things were ready, and have contingencies for all common issues, before saying go. But no... personal attacks are more the style of the .net team and bugged gameplay and unstable servers are, unfortunately, becoming the style of The West

I do understand why players already are quitting the event, it have been badly planned from day 1.
Simple things like attributes and skills should have been handled prior to notification on the event, not halfway through the enlistment time. And for .net it should have included a "If you are not friend with one of these: <names of "the pros" that selected team>, don't bother signing up... I could probably go on with bad decisions made during the start up phase for a while, but I won't, since my comment doesn't count now that I don't compete in the event :cool: