Intellegent Energy Calculation

DeletedUser

Perhaps you could do it so that if your taking a job far away or after sleeping it would take into account the energy you would gain whilst travelling or sleeping so you could do tasks which require more energy.

I.E.
You have 8 energy, you take a job an hour away which needs 10 energy points. The game would automatically calculate that by the time you get there you would have at least 10 points so you would do this.

I probably havent expressed this very well but i hope it gets the idea across

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i get what you are saying.
Say you have 10 energy. But the Job requires 20 energy.
Walking there you would gain 11 energy giving you a total of 21 energy enough for the job.
Currently i dont think the game takes this into account and it seems like a reasonable request to me.

DeletedUser

I would enjoy this, and maybe choosing longer times for work, i.e. over 2 hours.

DeletedUser

That is talked about over here. http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=1130

I kind of like the idea too, but it's kind of like spending energy you don't yet have.

If you're a soccer player and you wear out in a game, you can't tap into energy you will regain for the next match and use it now.

DeletedUser

That is talked about over here. http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=1130

I kind of like the idea too, but it's kind of like spending energy you don't yet have.

If you're a soccer player and you wear out in a game, you can't tap into energy you will regain for the next match and use it now.

It's more like planning to use that energy for the next match in advance, knowing that the energy will be there rather than having to wait for the energy to generate before setting off

DeletedUser

You got a point in there. Its not the way the system works, although it easier that way.

DeletedUser

Then no one would get tired. You can constantly tap into energy you don't have. Too much like a credit card. Spending what you don't have and paying for it later.

Now, the way that this subject is approached has me somewhat liking it, but only if you finish the sleep. Energy that you are about to gain while sleeping shouldn't be assigned to the next job, then wake up before you have the energy, yet are able to work the job anyway.

I hope this makes sense.

DeletedUser

How about you can queue the job but it will only work the job if the sleep is finished also?

DeletedUser

How about you can queue the job but it will only work the job if the sleep is finished also?

That is what i mean, you can queue up the job and you only do it once you have the energy so you dont neccisarily have to be only to set up the job as you have said

DeletedUser

That works for me. You can queue it, but if you do not have the energy when the time comes, then it just takes it off your queue.