Indian. What an American word to use.

DeletedUser

It's evident that this game was made by some anti-aboriginal people, because if they bothered to realize that Indians in fact come from India, then we wouldn't have this problem. Don't tell me to "roleplay" I get very angry about these sorts of things. Call them a mohawk or something.

DeletedUser

your offended by the term cowboys & indians??? gimme a break... your just as bad as the guy that was crying about there being churches in the towns... wait was that you???

DeletedUser

Indians have always refered to Native Americans amongst other cultures, so to say it is innacurate is wrong since it is very accurate.

DeletedUser

Lol I don't mind cowboys, but I really think it's just common facts. I like the term mohawk better anyways... and about the American word to use, as I understand, they are referred to as such by the American government.

:\ And yesh maybe we should have Mosques xD

DeletedUser

Indians have always refered to Native Americans amongst other cultures, so to say it is innacurate is wrong since it is very accurate.

Well it's politically incorrect. Maybe I become very offended and launch a lawsuit :p

DeletedUser

Lol I don't mind cowboys, but I really think it's just common facts. I like the term mohawk better anyways... and about the American word to use, as I understand, they are referred to as such by the American government.

:\ And yesh maybe we should have Mosques xD

problem is Mohawks is inaccurate and does not describe any know tribe the closest would be the Mohicans which were an east coast tribe, for western tribes you have the Apache/Navajo/Paiute/Sioux and others, but sadly no Mohawk tribe exists.

DeletedUser

problem is Mohawks is inaccurate and does not describe any know tribe the closest would be the Mohicans which were an east coast tribe, for western tribes you have the Apache/Navajo/Paiute/Sioux and others, but sadly no Mohawk tribe exists.

Ehhh, there were mohawks but I guess I'm playing age of empires too much xD

DeletedUser

Dont forget the Crow, the Blackfeet and the Cheyenne there are really too many tribes to list.. :)

But I kindof like the soldier class of Mexican... it probably should be 'bandito' ? not all mexicans were soldiers or banditos.. lol

DeletedUser

Dont forget the Crow, the Blackfeet and the Cheyenne there are really too many tribes to list.. :)

But I kindof like the soldier class of Mexican... it probably should be 'bandito' ? not all mexicans were soldiers or banditos.. lol

Yeah true true....

OT there's a girl that used to go to my school named Cheyenne xD (She's native too :p)

DeletedUser

I'd really like it if they were called "native americans".

That just makes more sense.. to me

DeletedUser

any other ideas people? come on someone make their brain fart

lol

DeletedUser

Hmm well realistically women wouldn't be able to do anything so I guess we shouldn't keep it TOO accurate (Or they might kill us :O)

DeletedUser

Native Americans.. Indians came from India!!

I have nothing to talk about but I really feel like I should reply.. for some reason

DeletedUser

on the choice of a profile picture there is an Iroquois, which were native to new york
so they didnt even get the tribes right

DeletedUser

people lets face facts alot of you want current accurate detail, but this is not possible, we might as well play a game of some people.

and we can't be too realistic since if we were very few women were anything but house wives or teachers or farmes back then, women didn't even have the right to vote, but if we start going totally politically crazy this will no longer be a game of the old west.

DeletedUser

I don't think the term 'politically incorrect' was coined at the time of the game theme.

They would be called Indians then, and you know it.

So why make a big deal about it?
Lets let the dev team worry about bigger problems.
K?
:)

/my 2 cents

DeletedUser

People that are overly sensitive to certain terms need to get a life.

Fact: Indians come from India, Native Americans come the the States, and in Canada we just use the term Natives.

Fact: in the 1800s during the wild west era, Natives were called Indians.

Fact: The West take place within this era.

Fact: this is a role playing game.

Fact: it is only sensible to call the Natives in this game, Indians. Sensible because of the facts stated earlier.

Fact: if you have a problem with The West, and it is upsetting you, you can leave.

I thought this information was common sense, unfortunately common sense is no longer as common as it once was. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

well no one can really complain its not like people are being racist

DeletedUser

It's evident that this game was made by some anti-aboriginal people, because if they bothered to realize that Indians in fact come from India, then we wouldn't have this problem. Don't tell me to "roleplay" I get very angry about these sorts of things. Call them a mohawk or something.

Native Americans are often (in history) called Indians due to Columbus (he did NOT "invent" or "find" America by the way) which thought he would reach India by going west. So it's a misstake.
At the same time, it's a bit wrong putting all tribes under one name.