'Indian' places

DeletedUser

You know there was a bit of land in the very northern bit of Texas that used to be Indian, after the emericans arrived.

The Indians where everywhere, including Mexico. The Cherokee Indians had many villages in Texas.

DeletedUser

My Great Grand Mother was 100% Cherokee and she had no problem with white men. Well, except my Great Grand Father.:p

DeletedUser

Sorry to burst your bubble mate..i dont think any medicine man would want to cure a cowboy..maybe stab him to death yes..

but if you talking about a town of Indians controlled by a player who know what might happen..

Speaking as a native american, you know jack **** about my people's motives and ethics.

DeletedUser

No actually, I wouldn't. Tribes are localized for a reason. Even the vastly nomadic ones still kept to a specific route that they would continuously orbit throughout the seasons. Only the Iroquis and Huron of the northeast were truely expansive in nature, and that was only becaouse of the french and british influences/bribes.

DeletedUser914

[SIZE=+1]The Atakapans are a hard group to find out much about. The first Europeans to come in contact with them did not bother to write down much about them. Later Europeans did the same, so almost no record from eye witness accounts is available to us today. The accounts we do have are often second hand and appear to have some racial bias mixed in to them. Almost all of the more recent written material about them is in obscure archeological reports in filing cabinets at state agencies and universities. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Here is some of what is known. Atakapan is a language and not really a tribe. There were several tribes, or maybe just bands, who lived in the same geographical area and spoke Atakapan. The Atakapan language seems to be part of the larger Tunican language family. If this is so it would link the Atakapan speakers of Texas with the Southeastern Indians to the east of Texas. The other Tunican speakers are found in south eastern Arkansas going down along the Mississippi river to Natchez Mississippi. Atakapan itself is a Choctaw word that means "man eaters". [/SIZE]

Ah ha there were texas indians before the europeans arrived! I agree with you though most tribes there now were forced there cos the land is not exactly the most fertile ;)

DeletedUser

I agree to the medizine man for indians and a doctor for white. There should be quests for to be good liked of Indian, even one are white and opposite.

Knut the Kind.