Independence day Event

Thabet2

Plus:

Looks and runs nice. Colorful

Seems like a variety of gifts to win and enjoy

Made it to 100 construction

Cons:

Too big of a jump from 1500 fireworks to 9000 fireworks for construction points. Even with lots of friends, not going to happen and get parade prizes.

Too much repetition in prizes. The event should not give the same prize over and over and over again.

4 prospector's hats
4 scout's hats
3 builder stetsons

IMO…

The event looked nice and easy to do

I participated.

The Event gave the same gifts and prizes over and over again.

Failure

DeletedUser36559

I managed to get full parade set well in advance doing just 1 hour jobs, if you are relying just on friend's fireworks then you will never reach it in time.

Thabet2

It is what it is...

Exactly. Getting all the parade pieces was a goal but such is life. I did a lot of 1 hours jobs as well. Might reach 120 by the end, who knows. Still working.

It was much more annoying to gain:

5 Builder's neckcloth
3 Builder's Stetson

no shirt, no pants, no belt, no shoes in that set.

4 prospectors hats

No belt, shirt or shirt in that set.

5 Scout's hat

But no shirt as yet to complete that set.

:eek:

DeletedUser23252

the 9000 construction isn't worth it unless you hit 120 and have lots of fireworks left. On El dorado I hit the 120 mark. As for the extra items they will probably be sellable once the event is over and this is a good way to make extra cash. As for full sets much like the Easter event getting for sets using the low end methods is at least 1 in 10k attempts.

Deleted User - 3853873

when does 2016 event start,it is already july 4th in innos country,so what we waiting for ? It would be nice just once if they posted something in advance of a event date,instead of just popping on the game and its there.the only advance notice they give you for anything is a update.this is the only game i play that the devs are so far away from the player base its not even funny. you have to play beta just to find out what new stuff may be coming,no communication at all from developers,the monthly video that inno does always skips the west. I could care less to see that video of the contest winner,I want info on the game we play

DeletedUser22685

when does 2016 event start,it is already july 4th in innos country,so what we waiting for ? It would be nice just once if they posted something in advance of a event date,instead of just popping on the game and its there.the only advance notice they give you for anything is a update.this is the only game i play that the devs are so far away from the player base its not even funny. you have to play beta just to find out what new stuff may be coming,no communication at all from developers,the monthly video that inno does always skips the west. I could care less to see that video of the contest winner,I want info on the game we play

I'm not sure which clock you're looking at but it most certainly is not already the 4th of July in "Inno's country" right now, let alone four hours ago when you posted that. As for everything else you said, I really can't argue. I honestly don't know when the event will be starting...

Deleted User - 3853873

isnt germany a day ahead of americas time? thats why i said that and its the 3rd here so figured its the 4th there

DeletedUser

6 hours ahead of the Eastern U.S. time zone. At least that is how I understand it. It is just about 9:30 p.m. on July 3 here, so in Germany it is about 3:30 a.m. on July 4. The Germans are probably still in bed.

I agree, it would be nice if Inno gave a bit of notice about the start of holiday events and such.

p.s. All you have to do to figure out what time it is at inno games is look at the server time which is displayed below the chat rooms in game. Server time is Inno games time in Germany.

p.s.s. I don't believe that the forum time adjusts for daylight savings time, so the time here is off 1 hour from the in game time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom Robert

Right, it's 3:35am here right now.
And afaik these events usually started at 10am. So we still have to wait about 6:25 hours.

Deleted User - 3853873

thanks for info william bresnaham.i am central time zone here

DeletedUser

OK, first, and most important to me...

Is there a way to look at the various job values/sort option and know which is likely to give you the most fireworks?

I'm working almost exclusively at doing jobs for an hour at a time as I believe it's the best way to continue to level up, which therefore prevents the need to sleep (which obviously takes away from time your character could be doing more jobs, earning fireworks). It's working out well enough, I'll make it to at least 100 builds, possibly 120. I just want to be sure I'm being as efficient as possible.

Next, man, this is a lot of fun. I played The West years ago, but there was no event going on when I joined and honestly, I got a little bored. This time I serendipitously decided to try it again right after the 4th and have found it much easier to get very deep (obsessively) into the game. I'm in it for the long haul this time, and it's definitely because of this event. However...

I have to agree with a comment from a previous years event. I am only constructing 1 and/or 2 buildings at a time because the jump from 1500 to 9000 doesn't make a lot of sense... for building. I imagine if you weren't interested in going for the Wolfman's set and just wanted the reward items, both the 9000 and 48000 firework options are fine. I'm sure I will have used far more that 48000 fireworks by the end, but to just get one reward item (maybe 2 if you did 96000, I guess)? Nah. At least not for me, as a new, lower level player. And speaking of the reward items....

Again, as was mentioned in a previous year, and based on me only constructing 1 and 2 buildings at a time, way too many repeats in the reward items. It's the only disappointing part of the event for me. I'm on level 66 and I already have...

5 Smithy's dusty hat (five? FIVE? lol)
3 Stranger's favorite hat
3 Runner's lucky necklace

I understand there being some repeats, and I get that (hopefully) those items will be salable in the future. Still, five of one item when I'm a little more than halfway through seems too much.

Other than that, great event. Being able to use the motivation of building the Wolfman's set as a way to get into the game has made it a lot of fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pankreas PorFavor

The number of fireworks is random, it does not depend on the job.
Duels will use the same amount of energy, but they give you 4-5 times less fireworks. I hear that fort battles will give you 6x number of participants if you survive, and 12x if you get KOd. In a battle with 100 people, you can get 600/1200 fireworks.

Reward items are repeated = you can upgrade them, or sell on the market (a few days after the event is over they will be made auctionable).

As for your excitement with the event... Well, it is designed to make you want to buy nuggets. Instead of 9000/48000 fireworks, use 150/800 nuggets. And then when you complete the set(s) and get all happy about it - Oktoberfest event will start and the items you get now are almost obsolete. And then the Christmas event, Valentine's Day, Easter... Many people argue that these events are killing the game. :(

DeletedUser22685

Many people argue that these events are killing the game. :(

It's not much of an argument without an opposing side :p

It seems like the only people who think otherwise these days work at Inno, and we all know how responsive they are to players' arguments.

DeletedUser

OK great The West rewards gods, you can go back to giving me the same hats over and over again now. *razzafrazza* Wooden Cross *grumblegrumble* one potato in a chest *kicksrocks*

--------------------------------------------------------

Now that I got that out of the way...

I can only speak for myself; personally, I really enjoy the current event. Idk, maybe others aren't as fun, or maybe I'll get tired of them, but if that's the case I won't participate. It seems to me like there's plenty going on for everyone to do whatever it is they feel like doing. Freedom of choice and all that. For now, this event really got me into learning how to do things in the correct order, at the correct times, to yield the highest reward. It also kept me interested long enough to care about my character. In order to do well during the event you have to keep earning fireworks, which keeps you paying attention to what is happening with the game fairly often, which feeds back into learning the game and caring about my character. I can see where someone who had played for a long time might not like the events, but for a newbie (like me) they're just part of the game.

---------------------------------------------------------

Will I be able to keep going until the 24th, or will the event stop for me when I reach 120? The reason I ask is because I'm considering working long enough to earn 9000 fireworks one time just to see what reward I get.

Pankreas PorFavor

The event does stop for everyone at the same time. Once you reach level 120, you won't get Wolfman's set items anymore, but you can go on collecting other items.

The problem with events, as most people see it, is the unfair race between people who play for free, and those who can spend a lot of nuggets on this game. You are considering collecting 9000 fireworks one time? Those people have already used the 800 nuggets (48000 fireworks) option a few dozen times! They have all the set items, and they have lots of them. They will upgrade, trade, sell them, and they will have a huge advantage compared to the players who play for free. And this gap widens with each new event. That's why the non-premium players are unhappy and a lot of them quit. The premium players are not happy because in a few months, a new event comes up, and their current gear will be obsolete - time to spend more money! And then again, and again, and again... I mean, we all understand that Innogames is a business and they need to earn money to survive. But is that the right way to do it? Well, judging by the number of players 5 years ago and today - the answer is quite clear.

DeletedUser

I'm not trying to be difficult, I recognize and understand how that could be frustrating for some players. But for me, it's really not. I just want to quest, find items, build my town, etc. I don't care what advantages other people pay for because they don't stop me from doing what I find fun about The West. I don't care what kind of car my neighbor drives, either, but some people do. *shrug* So long as the use of nuggets doesn't actually stop me from being able to do the simple things I enjoy about the game I just can't get in a bunch about it. I definitely understand how it could bother people who are really into dueling and fort battles, though.

As far as the number of people playing, maybe it has something to do with it... I mean, it probably does. But The West is rather long on shelf life at this point and players are going to naturally move on to other things. I could imagine playing this game on a phone (although I'm sure people do) when there are so many other options out there now.

Pankreas PorFavor

I definitely understand how it could bother people who are really into dueling and fort battles, though.

that's the point. most of the things you mentioned have an end - you will at some point finish your town, find all items, do all the quests. but forts and duels are always there. and you just can't compete in that area with people who spend thousands and thousands of nuggets, it stops being any fun. and then yo go from worlds with 120 forts and more than 100k players to worlds with 42 forts and 1k players :(
obviously, I am still there, which means I still find something to do. but since so many have left, and so few have joined, how long can that last?