Independence Day Event

• Thread starter DeletedUser34767
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser34767

From the announcement.

"The event is one of the 4 big monetization events we have this year."

monetize = to coin into money. Webster Dictionary.

Unless you are a government, you could get into all sorts of trouble doing that.

:p

DeletedUser34767

Ahh. So they must be using the term informally. :)

The term "monetization" may also be used informally to refer to exchanging possessions for cash or cash equivalents, including selling a security, charging fees for something that used to be free, or attempting to make money on goods or services that were previously unprofitable or had been considered to have the potential to earn profits. -- Wikipedia

Ripwise

Yeah meaning you get a game which is free but if you want to be "the best" you need to invest, same is in real life.

Possesions-their game.
Free- it is but premium always existed so it is irrelevant.
Attempt-ofcourse they will try and make money on something they are developing for 5 years and i cant stress this enough.

DeletedUser34359

Of course they should make money on THEIR game. A few events a year is reasonable in my opinion.They spend their time developing and have obvious overheads to pay, they have to earn a wage too. If they do not have the revenue coming in then this game would be nothing like it is now. At least you are allowed to continue playing unlike some freemium games which make you pay to get to the next lvl or quit..

BTW Since the update I am more than willing to spend my hard earned cash on a game I now enjoy again.:)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34767

I have no problem with Innogames making money and in fact hope they do so The West is around for years to come. I just thought the announcement was kinda funny as the standard definition of monetization which I was familiar was "to coin" or to print money.

As Ripwise has pointed out with his Wikipedia link, the definition of monetization has expanded.

No criticism of the Independence Day event was intended. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.