Feedback Independence Day Event 2022

mnnielsen

The West Team
Community Manager
Howdy folks

Bring your thoughts on the event. What was the best, what was the worst, what should we think about for next time?

Your The West Team

WhyN0t

For starters, you could start the event before Independence Day is over. You could do more than 1 set out of 4 relevant. At least 2. Stop pretending to listen to player feedback, making infinitesimal changes to a set just to say you've improved it according to the feedback, even though the set is just as useless as before the change. Fix bugs faster. On the beta there are still bugs related to these sets, and in 2 days the event should be on live servers. It's unacceptable that this is happening, especially after you delayed the event for so long.

Victor Kruger

Sooo.... this event should be called.. dependence day event since its not gonna start until late :'P

Heres a tip, it comes up once a year, usually on the 4th of July ... giving at least 364 days notice until the next one... I know pony express wasnt that fast back then but seriously .. cant even release on the right day anymore ? At this rate Xmas event 2022 will start some time in 2023.

2/10 for effort

Beefmeister

For starters, you could start the event before Independence Day is over. You could do more than 1 set out of 4 relevant. At least 2. Stop pretending to listen to player feedback, making infinitesimal changes to a set just to say you've improved it according to the feedback, even though the set is just as useless as before the change. Fix bugs faster. On the beta there are still bugs related to these sets, and in 2 days the event should be on live servers. It's unacceptable that this is happening, especially after you delayed the event for so long.
everything this guy said...but i'm used to it already so yeah
imagine if you didn't release the fort set...that woulda been hilarious no? :lol:
it's too strong anyway...you'll receive the feedback you need soon when the new meta happens

Al35ul

Sooo.... this event should be called.. dependence day event since its not gonna start until late :'P

Heres a tip, it comes up once a year, usually on the 4th of July ... giving at least 364 days notice until the next one... I know pony express wasnt that fast back then but seriously .. cant even release on the right day anymore ? At this rate Xmas event 2022 will start some time in 2023.

2/10 for effort
everything this guy said...but i'm used to it already so yeah
imagine if you didn't release the fort set...that woulda been hilarious no? :lol:
it's too strong anyway...you'll receive the feedback you need soon when the new meta happens
Tombola events, in most cases, are always released on a Wednesday for internal reasons. Wednesday the 6th is the closest day that meets the standards hence why the event will start then. The event is not late since it wasn't planned to start earlier.

The event will still run for as long as it always has, you will not miss anything.

Beefmeister

Tombola events, in most cases, are always released on a Wednesday for internal reasons. Wednesday the 6th is the closest day that meets the standards hence why the event will start then. The event is not late since it wasn't planned to start earlier.

The event will still run for as long as it always has, you will not miss anything.
idk mate last time it started on the 30th of the month so it woulda made no difference to start it one day earlier

instead you started it after the proper independence day which is on the 4th. it's not the first time this happens...a good example could be valentine's 2021 where you received complaints as well

makes no difference to me whatsoever but the complaints are justified and those excuses won't do for anyone as long as you receive complaints for literally every single update or feature that is added to this game. i wonder why?

DeletedUser15368

The Best
Send All event currency feature. Stuff that make video game chores a bit less frustrating are always nice.
Attack Tank Set was needed in the current meta.

The Worst
Gambling/Lootboxes in a once great video game as the, now, only/primary way to advance our RPG characters.
There's no way to know how a new, seemingly, powerful set will affect the current meta until we've played with it.

The Future
Bleak

Wednesday updates do make sense - you get a day to collect feedback about the new inevitable bugs and then a second day to implement fixes before going off for the weekend. In this instance starting the 4th July tombola on the 6th July seems weird, but I suppose most United Statians are busy exploding things that day and non-Americans don't care much - It's just the game feature that had the biggest hand in ruining The West, who cares if it's 2 days late.

Victor Kruger

Then Last Wednesday as a release date would have been far more appropriate allowing Independence day to fall while the event was actually running no ?

Of course its late, or 4th of July wouldnt be independence day, or national holiday etc etc... it may well be its late intentionally ofc but July the 4th the ACTUAL day is not the 6th now is it ? ... if it was intentional then it just shows how much Inno now cares about so called special day events. And its becoming a habit, excusing the day simply when it could be started early given these things run for upto a month after said day events actually fall is a bit rich..

Come on bud, at the end of the day its simply bad planning and late, you know it, I know it ..the end ..

Just try and use that as an excuse with the GF / wife or your kids on their B'day see how that sits :'P

Last edited:

Dr Roth

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Forum moderator
Good, pretty much everything.
Bad, the complaining players that keep complaining.

I like the duel set, there has been a void for a melee vs ranged. I haven't checked the values yet but suppose not enough appearance for my liking.
Finally a decent tank attack set, and not on DOTD. High Five!
Third set, the Revere weak twin is for new servers. I have no problem with this set, but I will forget it before tomorrow.
Free sets are normally not useful for more than 2 jobs so didn't have much expectations.

And of course, the send to all button is probably even better than the tank set. I am not American so don't care much what days events start but it does seem that they start about a week later than they did last year. If this a problem or not is up to everyone and their opinions.

WhyN0t

I like the duel set, there has been a void for a melee vs ranged
Not really. Recently we got a lot of good items from the tailor, most of them are better than this useless set anyway. Appearance is useless in 99% cases. You need reflex and aiming (assuming that you have enough shooting/vigor) and this set don't really provide enough aiming. If you really want to play with an appearance set, then use josephine with black felt hat, green shell jacket and fancy fringed scarf or combined with perry's set, don't play with reflex because will be useless if your enemy is missing most of his shots.

Victor Kruger

Naa the duel set isnt anything special with whats in the shops or already around now, Whynot is correct. A few bits might work slotted in tho.

If the attack tank set is so great and whats needed ( which it is and badly ) .... why with Bulls being obviously for attacks is the bonus set for Defence and nothing for attack then ? and its horse set .. what is the point of having Def bonus on it at all ? its not like Cortinas is set with an attack bonus so why this ?

Sorry not feeling it at all and no doubt inno add weapons later, for a price.

Last note... Im not American either but there used to be standards and if annual dates cant be met that tells me a lot. Inno not caring & the player base also not caring because dates arnt met says a lot more about why this game is nearly dead ... but then why have events themes at all ? just throw stuff out whenever however .. who cares right ? ... when no one cares the writing is on the wall.

Last edited:

delldell56

Here's a thing. The game is called The West for a reason. It's based on the old wild west in the USA, not in Germany, so July 4th is attached to it. Since it's an event referred to the independence of US, and keeping the internal reasons in mind, the release date should be the Wednesday before July 4th. You could argue that independence day in Canada happens in June, and Canada back then was part of the wild west, in case you need to a valid argument to tell the current developers how they can and shall keep up with History without losing accuracy (well, I mean losing more accuracy, given that we will be riding dogs this time around); so they might understand that it doesn't make sense at all to move a factual date to accomodate them. That wouldn't affect the duration of the event; it only moves it one week back, which would go perfectly with the theme of the event, considering that it consists of preparations for the independence, NOT the cleaning after the celebrations.

Oh, and kudos for finally giving us the send to all button. It makes it less painful and less likely that we end up reporting or deleting a friend if we don't use scripts to do it for us. YAY!

Dr Roth

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Forum moderator
If the attack tank set is so great and whats needed ( which it is and badly ) .... why with Bulls being obviously for attacks is the bonus set for Defence and nothing for attack then ? and its horse set .. what is the point of having Def bonus on it at all ? its not like Cortinas is set with an attack bonus so why this ?
Tanks need to dodge, doesnt matter if they are in attack or defence. The problem has been that no sets have made tanks being able to dodge in attack (except Caribb). Siringo was an interesting experiment that failed. Tanks didnt make much more damage but still couldnt dodge. The main difference we will see now is that when attackers mount, they will be super hard to kill. Well, when all attackers get the set in about 2 months.

• Internal reasons = 2 week sprint cycles.
  • game events typically revolve around holidays
  • holidays aren't on 2 week cycles
  • conclusion - don't be so set on 2week sprint cycles
It's just corp blah-blah that tries to measure 'productivity', focusing more on -ivity at the expense of the product.

DeletedUser15368

If the attack tank set is so great and whats needed ( which it is and badly ) .... why with Bulls being obviously for attacks is the bonus set for Defence and nothing for attack then
It's a tank set, so you mostly want Defence for survivability.