Increase/Decrease KO Protection for nuggets

DeletedUser563

Proposal
First of all I will give some credit to John Cena who has a similar complaint/idea on this forum. My idea stems from his post.

So basically duelers can for a certain amount of nuggets decrease their KO protection. Non duelers can for the same amount increase their duel protection.

Current Workaround
Non that gives same advantages.
Sleeping: cant work
Duelers:None
Leaving town:Anti social and isolation. Not the same access to town buildings as a normal town resident.

DETAILS
Duellers
For 5 nuggets a dueler can decrease his KO protection by 8 hours up to 24 hours.

Non Duelers/Pure Builds

I have a lot of pure builds or duplex builds where I simply cant compete at my current dueling level. Dueling is therefore a waste of my time and getting dueled waste my time and money.
To be fair since we work with duelers in one direction. So for 5 nuggets while he has KO protection he can increase his KO protection by 8 hours up to 24 hours.

Mechanism:
In the dueling window a KO protection tab will be placed. There a player can increase or decrease his KO protection.

To repeat this option is only available while the player has KO protection.

Abuse Prevention
None targets :if a player really is going to extend his protection was he that much of a target to begin with. And your dueling of him fair.
Constant Aggression: Non premium constantly attacked. Well the same normal methods is still available to you like ko'ing 5 minutes after you get ko'd in a fort battle or reducing your hp with npc duels and ko'ing yourself then.
As it is balanced none really.

Visual Aids
See amendments before commenting.

crude_added_tab-2.jpg

IncreaseKOProtection-1.jpg

DecreaseKOProtection-1.jpg

Summary
Different players have different views about KO protection and dueling. Only a small percentage of players will probably use it so it wont make that much difference form a global viewpoint accept for the players who do use it and whose game will be 100 times better from whichever angle you look at.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? No :Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser32882

From the start i will have to say this is one of the bigest discrimination i ever hear.I can understand the idea of getting the GG over lvl 110+,or having to w8 for months to have my skill points and atributes at a decent value so i can reskil,cuz i don't have premium,but ur idea sh...ts on non premium players all the way.Why?Very simple...cuz never in the game they will not have this opportunity.And trust me....there more then 50% non premium players...way more then that.
Whit the new and very disappointing dueling system , now ur stoping the only good method for duelers to get cash or exp(if is about low lvl duelers).This way all those players whit full premium on high income will have no natural enemys.
It's not my fault that u don't like to duel or u don't have time for it,but u have to think that more then 80% of duelers are non premium cuz and i repeat again whit this new and stupid dueling system u don't need premium now to duel.Many of the players that love to duel have stopped doing it cuz u can't have good jobs anymore if u want to be top dog now.
Trust me ur idea will bring more chaos to the game and will make non premium players thinking twice if they will continue playing the game or not.
progress.gif
http://forum.the-west.net/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=612759

DeletedUser563

Your issue was addressed in abuse prevention. You must be also realistic about its use. Check my second pic 480 hours = 20 days cost almost as much as full premium. So it will be properly be your extra nuggets used. After my last purchase I left myself about 500 nuggets mad money which I use to deliver stuff quicker. That is about 10% of my purchase. So think your numbers are off and you dont understand premium players that well. They may increase another 8 hours to cover a fort battle or say another 16 hours. So what you can decrease your ko protection and duel whats left.

Well a premium dueler already have an advantage over a non premium dueler this does not really make that big a difference. Sure he can constantly duel. He pays for that privilege. As I said about non duelers. Do you really think "non duelers " is there for your convenience. If a non dueler increases his ko protection its because he has no interest in dueling. He does not have a problem with you preferring to duel so why cant you extend him the same courtesy.

Furthermore huliganul i have studied your other posts because of that picture of yours that refuses to load. {to the bottom} You swear way too much fellow.

Ps

it encourages non premium players to get premium. Like they say if you want to run with the big dogs....get yourself premium . You also dont have to get full premium and it increases your powers as dueler. You can now go low hp and take that skill points to increase your powers. I dont see how a serious dueler would be against this system .

DeletedUser

Hmm... Let's see... By activating class premium all classes get benefits in forts, right?
But by activating class premium NOT all classes get benefits in duels!

That needs to be changed. Dunno how and what exactly, but this idea can be a first step into that direction. When it comes to vote, I'll say yes.

DeletedUser

Let's change it abit. Why don't we have a protection for nuggets without KOing ourselves? That means in the premium option their will be a protection option that you are protected from duels. Which means you cannot attack others and they cannot attack you.

DeletedUser32882

P.S1.....It seams u have low info about dueling so i will tell u 1 thing tho:there is no dueling build that can't be defeated by another one,even if that build is doubled by a premium option.Whit the right build u can beat everyone without even having premium.
P.S2.....U think that players don't buy premium cuz they don't want to???Ur wrong mate...very wrong.Who the hell doesn't want to have more cash,more energy,more hp etc???U think players don't buy nuggets cuz they don't want to spend money on game that they are playing for years in a row???They don't buy it cuz they can't afford to buy.
P.S3....Not my fault that u are so bashful.I never swear,but as i said ur to bashful.
U really don't want me to swear.

DeletedUser

Hmm... Let's see... By activating class premium all classes get benefits in forts, right?
But by activating class premium NOT all classes get benefits in duels!

That needs to be changed. Dunno how and what exactly, but this idea can be a first step into that direction. When it comes to vote, I'll say yes.

Agreed!

Another yes. :up:

DeletedUser32882

:)) All those things that i said there not for u Glorry,there for Jakkals:))
But i really don't think all of u see the entire picture:the biggest part of the players are non premium.When u come whit an idea make it work for them to,not only for premium users, even tho they will need to work harder to get those benefits.IF a stupid and silly ideas like ur should be implemented u will have less then 1k(and this is an optimistic number) playing on each world.Trust me.....u make nugget players Godlike.Not to mention they have 15-20 lvls in front of the normal players now they will be invincible to.This is a fair game?Why not make a private serv whit all those options only for nugget players and play there?U don't like it cuz u won't have more then 200-300 players.Next time pls think for the entire mass of players not only for those whit hundreds -thousands nuggets in there account.

DeletedUser

Alright then for jumping the conclusions. sorry. Anyways your post is still a little rude to Jakkals. Don't talk like that ok? :) Sounds terrible.

DeletedUser9470

P.S1.....It seams u have low info about dueling so i will tell u 1 thing tho:there is no dueling build that can't be defeated by another one,even if that build is doubled by a premium option.Whit the right build u can beat everyone without even having premium.

not true

Go pure dexterity/aim and dodge and be unbeatable.
there is no other build that can beat this build.
the only way you can beat this build is by using the same build and hoping you get lucky on stance.

imo 48 hr ko period should be totally eradicated.
along with losing your energy

that way if anyone is kod they dont lose any time.

also eradicate the nonsense duel xp system which doesnt mean a thing and doesnt do anything for gameplay.

DeletedUser563

huliganul this is not a dueling topic. Sitting around twiddling your thumbs isnt acceptable to most duelers. This is after all a game . Why should a person who plays one world and enjoy dueling only be forced to not play the game for 48 hours. Or why should a non dueler with massive hp waste 8 hours to KO himself and a further 8 to regain his health after his KO . For your benefit I put into being some optional points. Basically a cap. I would say uncapped but Ok let the players decide. But Ok I guess you would complain about a capped increase/decrease as well. But Ok lets give everyone a bit more options.

I was pitching an idea hul sorry if I pitched it to bashful :) Well this is a premium idea and I can't see it implemented without nuggets . Could you make it non premium. I dont see how. But its their prerogative to decide what ideas gets a nuggets ask and what not. I understand that non premium could feel prejudiced. But this is after also a company. If they get in 0 nuggets there is no game to start with. Its not about doing anything on non premium its more like I dont see how it could pass without nuggets. By asking nuggets you limit its use. Which means there is more of a strategy involved in when using it and when not to. Which benefits non premium duelers. Anyway I hope I gave you enough to mill over . As with any idea there is always 1 guy who wont be convinced.

DeletedUser9470

huliganul this is not a dueling topic. Sitting around twiddling your thumbs isnt acceptable to most duelers. This is after all a game . Why should a person who plays one world and enjoy dueling only be forced to not play the game for 48 hours. Or why should a non dueler with massive hp waste 8 hours to KO himself and a further 8 to regain his health after his KO . For your benefit I put into being some optional points. Basically a cap. I would say uncapped but Ok let the players decide. But Ok I guess you would complain about a capped increase/decrease as well. But Ok lets give everyone a bit more options.

being ko for a dueler isnt really that bad, theres loads of things to do.
andit takes just over 4 hours to regen completely, even for an hp purist its under 6 hours to regen fully.

the issu pointed out here is important and is the most frustrating to all players, especially workers.

when you work you set up in the morning ad come back tocheck results.
if you get kod in the first hour you lose loads of time, you lose the queued works reports and xp.
and then you lose energy so you need to spend time regenerating energy.

why? what for?

if this feature is removed what happens?
you queue work, a duelist comes along and kos you, but you dont stop working, you dont lose your energy, you just lose a stat.

duelist vs duelist can become complicated though and there would be no use for hp in duels...
i dont know, there should be a downfall to being kod really.
maybe an inventory steal in relation to earnt xp?

DeletedUser32882

First off all i'm sry if i made u feel bad or insult u in any way.That was never my intention.But this topic is 100% about dueling.More exacly about not being dueled.As Neo said ,a dueler need a ko from time to time.There so many to do,quests,cash jobs so we can sleep into other players towns:p,etc.But think about it how ff players or those full dex/charisma+fms/traiding when this option will be activated.They will rule the world.U will never see a low hp at fort,everyone will be at every ff in the country...they will be like walking zombies:))).The advantages of this are to big....way to big.
Neo...i know u live for dueling but think a little.But this will bring an end to 0 mot players,cuz non will play the game knowing very well that even tho after lots of attacks on u and ur finally dead,u will come back in the next 4h-8h whit ur hp full and u will own them again.The only chance for them is to get outo ko'ed every 48 h exacly.Then who will u attack:those that have nuggets and that will activate that option for the next 12-20 days?The number of duelers is low and it will get lower if this will be implemented so 1 part of the game will be gone for sure.
About that build that u said Neo....not true...i have found the remedy for it:p...ofc as i said early every build has his weaknesses.

DeletedUser563

Hul first off this will be tested in not that active worlds(beta) probably for a month or 2. they will fine tune it then. I see my duty as OP to suggest my idea in the broadest possible sense and if they implement it they can fine tune it. So lets say you have a dead world. They can lower the available cap to say 24 hours. A big world like Colorado:full blast no problem. Its expensive I haven't checked but 30 full days would be more than full premium for a month. So although I will leave the infinite increase as is I would say about 1 percent will at max use say 20 days protection. Effectually it will reduce but not eliminate weaker players or do you think 100% of the non premium is duelers. That 1% is probably those who would leave their alliances to go townless anyway. So in a real world scenario it will help players here and there with an extra 8 hours ko protection. Duelers for example its weekend with nothing to do:no problem quickly zap down your ko protection and you can duel as long as you want. But its real world and RL constraints such as available budget/or maximum prepared to spend will anyway hamper most.

As I see it it will have minimal effect. For as the non duelers is decreased the available duelers is increased because its a balanced system. So dueling will not die it will become more fun as you will have tougher competition and will no longer be hampered by ko protection. So say 6 non duelers buy 20 days protection(not that likely) 6 duelers decreases their time to 0 roughly before the six non duelers would be available again. So your amount of opponents have not decreased You still have 6 opponents but now better opponents. or do you really think that dueling is just about bashing non duelers continuously. I will conclude with this for now as I think its my best argument.

What I meant hul by its not a dueling topic is that its not about the technical aspects of dueling. They implement it on beta it gets tested and they get feedback. "Advantages" especially big ones anyway mean more players in the long run and here and there one of them will now be riveted by a more intense dueling experience and turn to dueling full time. More like the old west than our current system or do you think "Billy the kid" had 48 hour protection when a posse was chasing him down.

DeletedUser14006

Awful idea, dueling is a major part of this game and for many players making it inaccessible to duel certain players will take a lot of fun out of the game.

It goes back to the traditional tit for tat premise of 'if you duel me and I do not duel then I will take your forts', in much the same way 'if you take my forts that I cannot feasibly defend with my duel skill set then I will KO you in dueling'.

Every build in this games has its strengths and weaknesses, what next?, pay 15 nuggets per day to block folk from digging on your forts?

DeletedUser

This is a yes from me. I think this is one of those features that makes life easier, like halving your travel time or direct depositing into your bank. Definitely not unbalancing at all.

DeletedUser22493

If this is added, whats next? Like Derek said, pay to prevent people to dig?

Im not complaining, but I think our list of nugget advantages are getting filled up.
We already have buying products, energy, teleporting, insta market delivery, nugget quests and bonuses that nearly double your income.
Pretty soon, it's gonna be more efficient to work two jobs than to play.

Besides, this is a very one-sided idea.
Dueling is a part of the game, and if you can't deal with that, leave town and buy energy.
Being a pure builder, itemfinder, quester or fort battler is not a nessesity. Its choice you made, well aware that duelers can then beat you. You sacrificed your safety from duelers, so you could do something duelers can't.

From my point of view, The Wild West has always been about "Every man must stand his own grounds".
Ideally, no one should be able to walk around without any means of protection. And if you take that risk, you might get burned.

.."You can't have rainbows without a little rain"..

DeletedUser563

Its not one sided. You can reduce your ko protection as a dueler. . It has nothing to do with fort digging . It has nothing to do with whats next or nuggets features available. It has everything to with solving 2 problems at once 1.duelers dont want ko protection 2. non duelers would like to not duel anymore because if your a level 120 non dueler with 200 sps in construction and 230 sps in hiding dueling anyway suck for you. Your totally blowing up the use of it. Here and there you will get a player that uses it permanently like I said if he wants added ko protection he is not a good dueler and you dueling him is not really fair. If Lennox Lewis challenged you to a boxing bout will it be fair? Ok to already kill it for you its anyway easy to avoid being dueled for experienced players
1. After a fort ko rest till you have 12 energy duel any opponent.
2. Duel NPC till KO rest till you have 12 energy duel the next opponent.
3. With your premium equip your dueling clothes and queue 8 duels in a row.
4. Go townless.
So Im avoiding my current system which just involve a little more hassle and replacing it with an idea that benefits duelers as well. Yeah guess that would make it awful for everyone right derek , rebow?

DeletedUser14006

Its not one sided. You can reduce your ko protection as a dueler. . It has nothing to do with fort digging . It has nothing to do with whats next or nuggets features available. It has everything to with solving 2 problems at once 1.duelers dont want ko protection 2. non duelers would like to not duel anymore because if your a level 120 non dueler with 200 sps in construction and 230 sps in hiding dueling anyway suck for you. Your totally blowing up the use of it. Here and there you will get a player that uses it permanently like I said if he wants added ko protection he is not a good dueler and you dueling him is not really fair. If Lennox Lewis challenged you to a boxing bout will it be fair? Ok to already kill it for you its anyway easy to avoid being dueled for experienced players
1. After a fort ko wait 5 minutes duel any opponent.
2. Duel NPC till KO rest for 5 minutes duel the next opponent.
3. With your premium equip your dueling clothes and queue 8 duels in a row.
4. Go townless.
So Im avoiding my current system which just involve a little more hassle and replacing it with an idea that benefits duelers as well. Yeah guess that would make it awful for everyone right derek , rebow?

You have come here presenting two ideas that do not correlate quite how you see them, sure, duelers get bummed out that they have to wait 48 hours to get off the bench and back on the field when they get KO'd but this should not be compared to the opposite feelings from a non dueler who wants to remain on the bench.

You presented an idea here and myself and Rebow have debated this idea fairly on the basis of how many folk would see it, to say this has nothing to do with with fort digging and so on is naive as it is basically the same deal if one gets accepted.

example:

Player A - I am so tried of being dueled, I am not specced to defend myself, I wish I could pay 15 nuggets to prevent folk from dueling me.

Player B - I am so tired of folk stealing my forts, I am not specced to defend them, I wish I could pay 15 nuggets to prevent folk from digging on them.

Once you start down this road, where does it end?

This idea never stood a chance.