Incomplete map building and refresh

DeletedUser1121

There were some issues with El Dorado.
If you still experience difficulties logging in, please let me know.

DeletedUser6752

Twice in the last 5 minutes on Colorado, and 3 times overall in the last hour. Is this supposed to be a "fair trade" in exchange for the privilege of having a "Winter Event"? It started with the event - are we supposed to wait for the event to end and it supposedly just goes away on its own?
I search for a silver job - check the 4 sites in one county, move on to the next county and I get this popup, which forces me to log off and clear cache.
I search that next county, move on to the next one - and it happens again. Wheee!

DeletedUser6752

This is getting ridiculous! 4 times within the last 5 minutes, and I've yet to be able to check all the locations on the map for a single job in a single world!
I can understand that maybe nobody cares, but whatever happened to the good old "we're working on it" that used to get people to at least shut up for a while?

DeletedUser30591

i have been having the same issue on all my worlds and getting the same message . it has happened while checking jobs or checking different worlds and today while in the middle of crafting ..

Parafrog

I told you so

I told you Inno's servers couldn't handle the zero time travel. Now it seems they are permanently messed up as a football bat.

Nice job Inno!

DeletedUser34315

You are aware, are you not, that we haven't had the 0 time travel for quite some time?
I fail to see how a bug that has been resolved would suddenly be affecting inno's servers days after its removal?

DeletedUser34767

You are aware, are you not, that we haven't had the 0 time travel for quite some time?
I fail to see how a bug that has been resolved would suddenly be affecting inno's servers days after its removal?
The 0 time travel bug was never resolved/fixed, it just expired with the rest of the bonuses it was bundled with.

The complaints about the increasing appearance of 'Inno Screen Of Death' had started prior to the release of the bundle that included the travel time bonus and continued after it expired. I don't see where people are tying the problem to the time travel bonus specifically, most seem to blame whatever version added the winter events code.

I don't think most players care what caused the increase in these error pages, but would just like it looked into. Fortunately, for me it is a fairly rare occurrence and easily resolved by a refresh. I do think the problem may be exasperated by older computer systems, as it occurs much more often on my ancient desktop computer and rarely on my newer laptop.

yellowtoad24

When I have this happen to me, which it does at least once a day. I log off from that world for a little bit and come back in. Once I come back in the issue is fixed. Beta is always having this happen to me. I think that Inno-games knows about this issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ripwise

It seems these errors are due to bad internet connections people have. I might be wrong but so far this seems to be issue.

yellowtoad24

It seems these errors are due to bad internet connections people have. I might be wrong but so far this seems to be issue.
That makes more sense. So is there any way to prevent it from showing up?

DeletedUser6752

No, that is NOT the case.

I do not lose my connection to ANYTHING else. ONLY The West. I have Pandora playing on another Firefox tab and that doesn't even skip a beat when I get your error message.
How does that equate to a bad connection on my end?

And why then, if it is a connection on OUR end, are we getting an error message from YOUR server whenever it happens?

And for the record, the most recent time this happened (about 5 minutes ago) I ran a speed test - I'm currently getting 18.91 Mbps download speed and 5.21 Mbps upload speed.
So no - I don't think it's a problem with my cable connection.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ruby Scarlet

Seconding what Disappoint stated, it is NOT related to bad internet connections.

I consistently have an internet connection over 15Mbps down and I consistently have the streak of bad luck happen on this game only. I frequently am streaming videos on other tabs while in this game. It is not due to poor internet connections on the client end. Now, I suppose it could be due to a bad internet connection on Inno's end. However as previously stated, we must be reaching/talking with the server in order for it to send us that message.

It could be just a coincidence, but the problem seems to be worse near the time of the snowflake change. The problem also started for me about the time the winter event was introduced. So, I am hoping that when it ends, most of the problem will go away.

DeletedUser35352

i have 100mbs optical fibre connection so this is BS. i also have huge reload issues and map building issues for few weeks now.

Ripwise

And why are you three having this issue and i dont? I had this error come up once in last month.

DeletedUser35352

No, that is NOT the case.
And why then, if it is a connection on OUR end, are we getting an error message from YOUR server whenever it happens?

Im not here to argue, the bug exists thats a fact. Just pass it on to the technicians.

Ruby Scarlet

And why are you three having this issue and i dont? I had this error come up once in last month.
Consider yourself lucky, very lucky.

Based on the individuals I've talked with in the game, the problem is very widespread. From those I've talked to in game, over 85% have complained about the bad luck streaks. But as we all know about 95% of the players don't read the forums, so that probably explains why most are not bothering to come here and post about it. Everyone is just hoping that the developers will "fix" it. Hopefully besides telling people, who do not require it, to get a faster connection, the problem is also being passed along to someone who is actually trying to fix it.

yellowtoad24

If it was on my end then all of my worlds that I have open would be having the same issue. However, when this happens I can get into one world, but not into the the one world. Besides that I don't open all the worlds that I play on all at one time. I have also had the same issue with the message, when I move my map around. And again it is usually on one world. I am hoping that Inno-Games will fix this with the new update, that would be awesome.

DeletedUser35277

Same issues, lots of "Streak of Bad Luck" error messages. Also yes, seemed to happen at the time of the Christmas Event and has been ongoing daily since then. Refresh only works sometimes. Most other times I must close the page and wait a few minutes, then re-open again. We are spoiled with normally great server response, here's hoping the problem gets fixed and we can once again enjoy fast response without errors. Keep working on it guys, Thanks.