Incoming Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser1105

but this gives outright ownership of the worlds 1 to 5 to those town finished building. if your not apart of one of those towns QUIT.

How?

If this was a game like tribal wars, where your town can be taken from you, then yes it would have that effect. But it's not, so stop complaining.

If you don't like the change, leave the game.

DeletedUser

Well, if everybody else follows that advice, my town will eventually become one of those top towns. I don't plan to change anything about the way I work or allocate my skills and attributes.

DeletedUser1105

That's the point Artemis. Nobody has to change anything about what they do when this update comes in, so why they are all crying about I don't know.

DeletedUser

We'll get by with the new update, I'm sure. So building will go a little slower.... Okay.

Now if the jobs move around again, that would be disappointing!:nowink:

DeletedUser

thats such a ripoff stamina has nothing to do with construction. constrution should be the onlything that matters. if your gonna at stamina to one job you might as well add it to all the others its kinda useless and very unfare.

DeletedUser

"Backpack limit

This isn't for certain as we know it will trigger a lot of controversy. We would like to limit the number of items that can fit in a backpack. For example, a basic backpack would only be able to hold 30 items. Depending on your horse and other items you would be able to carry more."

That is a change that i really do not like. I'm dueler and I'm using 7 weapons already (for limiting damage to players who have some money) plus i have lots of work items and clothes for different jobs (~200 items in inventory). This would have he greates impact so far. REALLY DO NOT LIKE IT.

DeletedUser363

I usually have a lot of stuff in my inventory too, which I later sell to buy high level items. I don't see why they would want to change the backpack limit, its not like it affects the game too much.

DeletedUser

Just more stupid updates. I swear they are trying to make me quit this game. I just dont see how you can go changing the rules in the middle of the game. If you want to make a big changer like that, do it on new worlds only. Dont screw us that have made game choices based on the rules/setup of the game the way it is.

DeletedUser

I don't like the limit, and they have it set TOO low, considering they have products which will stack to 20 {and QUESTS where you need 24 wood- out of your 30 items total????} . And of course, if they limit the items, and introduce sets, it will encourage MORE specialized, single skill builds, and really limit peoples options for jobs

DeletedUser

Well...this'll sound a bit trollish, but...'chicken little'

We don't even know what their actual plan may be and you're already getting upset :)

I actually like the idea...makes your game management that much more important. You can't lose things in your backpack...ever. And I don't know of anyone that can carry an unlimited amount of items. Perhaps they'll introduce a warehouse of some type where you can store your items back in town. They may need to introduce this to balance some other aspect of the game they are planning on adding....

Change is good...keeps things fresh :)

DeletedUser1105

I think a warehouse option would be great. You can carry so much, but if you want something else, you have to travel back to town and swap items around.

DeletedUser

I think a warehouse option would be great. You can carry so much, but if you want something else, you have to travel back to town and swap items around.

I agree about warehouse option, but what about the people who aren't or who don't like to be member of a town? Where they can store their items?

DeletedUser

I agree about warehouse option, but what about the people who aren't or who don't like to be member of a town? Where they can store their items?

Those people have to pay to use hotels. Maybe they can pay for storage space, then maybe for a few extra bucks, they could move into their storage spaces. Then maybe they will add heating to those storage spaces to get less frozen corpses in those chilly desert nights. Then maybe an indoor plumbing system so the town trough doesn't get so crowded. Then maybe they could offer beds and a wake up call in each storage space to keep maximum rental capacity. Then maybe they could just suck it the hell up and join a town...

Codeguru

DeletedUser1105

That is actually a good idea. Some kind of rent for space would be a nice feature, as long as it didn't cost too much.
I think this warehouse idea needs a thread of its own....

DeletedUser

Those people have to pay to use hotels. Maybe they can pay for storage space, then maybe for a few extra bucks, they could move into their storage spaces..

You have right here and i agree.
But keep in mind that adventurers can use hotels in foreign towns for free until level 2.
Maybe can be something similar for storage space, extra bucks etc.

...Then maybe they could just suck it the hell up and join a town...

I wasn't ironic and i expect from others the same.
Be careful with the language you use!

DeletedUser

http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?p=90861&posted=1#post90861
this is a good backpack discussion thread.

Can anyone tell me how much they think a donkey will carry and how much it will increase by?

Most of the changes people have been crying out for on the forums, I think backpack limit is more realistic, I like the sound of nearly all these updates :D sorry to sound like a big loser but they sound either more realistic or more fun or correcting a serious problem: Trade sounds like all 3 for example

DeletedUser

I could survive a backpack limit, SO LONG AS storage space was available.
The backpack limit also better be realistic, not tiny, since players can do anywhere between 10 & 26 hours of jobs at a time, it better be big enough to accommodate whatever gear is needed to do all those 3-7 different jobs at 4 hours per job.
Personally I would prefer that the limit ONLY apply to products OR gear, but NOT both.

Also if we want to be realistic there isn't much difference in carrying power between a donkey & a horse, in some cases the donkey could actually care more.

That would be a wonderful idea make backpack space INVERSE to speed, ie donkey is slowest, but can carry the most, while horse is fastest, yet can carry the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.