Incoming Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

One Armed Ninja

What does everyone think about this new one?:

"The requirements for constructing town buildings will change slightly. Currently this task requires: Construction, Construction, Construction, Repairing, Leadership. After the update the task will require: Construction, Construction, Stamina, Repairing, Leadership."

What i'm thinking is oh s***, in worlds with already maxed out/near;y maxed out towns the smaller towns will now be at a disadvantage as their builders will build stuff a lot slower, which i don't think is quite fair, but oh well....

DeletedUser

It drops my labour point total from 623 down to 459.

Thats cut it by over 25%!

[edit]
A little note for those who want to reallocate points to stamina/demanding free reallocation of points.

IF YOU PLAN ON STAYING A PURE BUILDER YOU DO NOT NEED TO REALLOCATE POINTS TO STAMINA, OR ANY OTHER SKILL
This will actually lower your construction labour points, and make you worse.
If you havent figured this out, you shouldnt be commenting along those lines.

Explanation:
Construction will still be worth 2 labour points after the update.
Stamina is worth 1.

So for every point you take off construction and put into stamina you will LOSE a labour point.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I don't think any of the changes so far have really helped my character or town, but that doesn't mean they aren't good changes. I do think building went too fast in towns that had a lot of members, so it's probably best to try to slow it down to give them time to implement other things before everybody's maxed and bored.

DeletedUser

Im starting to wonder if I should abandon my builder and focus on my adventurer.
Who knows what other change is going to come along in another couple of months to kick builders in the teeth again.
Basically construction is going to take about 25% longer and cost 25% more.

My adventurer is getting more exp and much more money.
Today Iv earned $753 and 412 experience, with a job still in queue (likely to be another ~$200 and 50~80 exp).
I dont have any premiums, and I have access to enough high pay/exp jobs to keep motivation at 100%.

I enjoy my builder and I enjoy making towns, but it feels like im victimised every time something like this happens.

DeletedUser

that is a real kick in the teeth im a bulder on world 5 and all ove raised really is constuction :(

DeletedUser363

Well I am going to tell the builders in my town to get as much building done as they can before this update comes out.

DeletedUser

Same here, Iv allowed my builders to go down to 65% motivation in order to get construction done before the update.

Given that most hover around 80-90% motivation, at 65% motivation they are still building more than they would in the upcoming update.

DeletedUser1105

This is exactly the change I've been hoping for. It needs to be much harder to build. It should take a lot longer to max out your town, so this is better.

Yes, on current worlds those further on will have an advantage, but for future worlds this is a much better situation, as things will be much slower.

DeletedUser

that is the silver lining really but i think to make it more interesting they need more buildings

DeletedUser

Good update, even though its a giant kick in the balls for us small growing towns.

But yeah it all makes sense.

DeletedUser

In my town, our Tailor is currently level 4 and we have 3 glowing items in it.

I'm not going into detail, but if you build slower, You get the good stuff. However, everyone is in a rush to see who can get there town built the quickest like it's a race, rather then worrying about the quality of the town they'll end up with.

I've seen towns with level 6 tailors that only have 1 glowing item in them. I just have to shake my head at the wasted time.

Ah well. I'm just a crotchety fart. Ya'll keep racing so them developers will keep kicken us in the boys to try and slow yeh down.

To Master Warrior: Doing it slowly helps you get the good stuff. And if you don't build... well then that would slow you down would it not? Sorry couldn't resist and I have no idea what you are asking there.

DeletedUser

why does doing it slowly help you and how can you slow yourself down by not building

DeletedUser

dcd II has a lvl 9 tailor with 11 fancy items.

Building speed doesnt seem to matter, its all down to luck.

Iv pretty much decided ill go to even more extremes with construction, up until now Iv been rather lazy about maxing out my construction ability.
Ill get access to drilling oil next level so that makes things easier aswell.

DeletedUser

Well, our town is almost ready to finish upgrading our tailor to level 5. (Currently level 4 and 93ish%). After we take it to level 5, I'll post what item we got. I'm fairly certain it'll be a glowing item.

There is a method to my madness and I am motivated enough to do it.

DeletedUser

well if it works you may have the answer but i think its just random but prove me wrong

DeletedUser8054

On w2 im 467 labor points, that will make me 357.. better build on the town quickly while the points last :/

DeletedUser

Same here, Iv allowed my builders to go down to 65% motivation in order to get construction done before the update.

Given that most hover around 80-90% motivation, at 65% motivation they are still building more than they would in the upcoming update.
You were lucky though of gaining $753 and 412 experience in one day. What jobs do you do to get those?

Status
Not open for further replies.