In today's news: Oscar Pistorius

• Thread starter DeletedUser8627
  • Start date

DeletedUser8627

I'm sure many of you are aware of the trial starting in my home country today, Oscar Pistorius stands trial for the murder of his wife Reeva Steenkamp.

Last year Valentine's day, Oscar was awoken by unfamiliar sounds in his house, South Africa being a very high crime rate country - he thought it was a burglar. He took his handgun and then proceeded to open fire on a closed bathroom door where his wife was allegedly using the toilet.

There are a lot of details into this case and I haven't mentioned a lot. I would like to discuss more on human behavior behind his actions instead. For that is probably what will actually make or break the trial.

I have a few questions:-

1. If someone hears a noise in their house, knowing that you share the house with a spouse, wouldn't you rather check where your spouse is first?
2. Who on earth would open fire on a closed door not knowing who or what was in the enclosed room? Rodents and felines are real.
3. Do woman occasionally take their cell phone to the bathroom to perhaps catch up on Facebook when they go for a midnight swaz?

There is too much going on about this case anyhow, I find it astonishing that our media has taken so much interest in this case, we even have a dedicated channel to this case. South Africa, a high crime country where rape, murder, theft, assault are apart of my life. I hear and see crime nearly each and everyday and I can tell you now, somebody mistakenly gunning down his wife is the least of the problems than what a lot of South African woman have already experienced.

Just because Oscar was known by the world, doesn't mean that victims who have suffered worse shouldn't get justice they deserve - which in most cases doesn't happen.

DeletedUser

I have a few questions:-

1. If someone hears a noise in their house, knowing that you share the house with a spouse, wouldn't you rather check where your spouse is first?

Naturally, either Oscar is a murderer, completely devoid of sense or just massively paranoid.

2. Who on earth would open fire on a closed door not knowing who or what was in the enclosed room? Rodents and felines are real.

Again, a murderer or somebody suffering from paranoia/complete lack of sense.

3. Do woman occasionally take their cell phone to the bathroom to perhaps catch up on Facebook when they go for a midnight swaz?

I don't see why not.

Overall I think Oscar has to be a murderer, otherwise it's just a complete act of utter stupidity/paranoia.

Anyway, just remember for next Valentine's Day;

Roses are red
Violets are glorious
Don't try to surprise
Oscar Pistorius

delldell56

wife? i thought she was just the girlfriend...(and i think he's guilty, but probably wasn't 100% intentional).

i can't think of answers for all your questions right now, but at least i can tell you women do take our cells to the bathroom. i am guessing vapid women like the kardashians and paris hilton would even play with it DURING their showers, for stupid reasons such as taking a selfie to tweet it or to post it on instagram "oh lookie, i am taking a shower and guess what? it's humid and the water can damage my phone. whoopsie".

DeletedUser8627

Sorry, girlfriend.

What amazes me is something that irritates me.

The cross questioning of a witness. She says 4 gunshots were fired as she heard. Her husband she was with says as she says said there were 4, 5 or 6 gunshots fired. (If that makes sense, I'm trying to portray how she is trying to explain it through the translations).

I speak Afrikaans and I speak English, English being my dominant language.

But the woman speaking Afrikaans waits for the translator to translate her Afrikaans into English but then corrects the translators in English... She seems to insist on speaking Afrikaans to the court but I can tell you now, any white person who speaks Afrikaans in this country understand and can speaks English.

As a white person without giving any hint towards racism, this statement from this witness is stupid. Afterwards, after her frustration with the translator, she spoke English.

This my friends, witness the stupid people of South Africa.

DeletedUser34781

It was valentines day wasnt it? lovers tiff... jealous guy prob taught she was cheating if she taking her phone into bathroom. Guilty Guilty.

But from european angle its turned into a farce and i can see him getting away with it because of how its all being handled. why have camera's in court only to make more headlines.

DeletedUser15057

You may as well settle in and set up camp for the next couple of months with this trial - set down for 3 weeks and likely to roll on for another 6........this would have to be S.A.s answer to the OJ Simpson trial. Come to think of it, it does have its similarities!!

DeletedUser25632

1) Anytime I hear something in my house, I look to see where my wife is, then I'll grab a weapon and proceed to look from where the noise is coming from. I have camera's all around my house though, so I'm not too concerned with burglars.

2) I could see if he held the gun waiting for the door to open and then opened fire, but to open fire on a closed door when you have no idea who is there, is insane.

3) My wife takes her phone with her every time she goes to the bathroom unless it's just a quick piss, but she likes to watch stupid videos and browse facebook.. don't know why people are obsessed with facebook.

DeletedUser

ok. it is stupid o'clock in morning when most peeps are (or should) be in bed
he here's a noise but don't check the woman you are sleeping with is still where she should (in the real world) be.. and pops 4 bad boys in the bog door... i smell something fishey