In The Search of Gold - A Western Role Playing Story thing.

DeletedUser

1. Each of you will play a character. You design everything (i.e. personality, background etc).
2. PM me for the the next progression of the character in your story.
3. Each week I will turn those PMs into a chapter of the story.
4. The story follows a loose structure: A group of people go in search of gold. That's it. That's all I've made. The rest is up to you. (I will make a few posts just to keep it on track; no ''one minute panning for gold next minute charging at Indians'' sort of thing.)
5. Create your character thus;

Name:
Personality:
Inventory & Clothing: (Take a screenie of your inventory)

Next you must choose WHO you want to be (This is pivotal in the development of your character)

1. Sheriff
2. Citizen
3. Citizen
4. Citizen
5. Blacksmith
6. Saddler
7. Tonic Peddler
8. Thief
9. Soldier

And....you're done. Now we wait for people.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31931

Just a quick message to say hello. I might join up once I have the spare time. Enjoy the section and read through an RP and join it. Try the beginner's RP which is stickied. Enjoy!

DeletedUser28032

Go on I'll bite, the Rps a little vague but it'll give me chance to resurect Doc from my own (rather disasterous) attempt at a western

Name: Dr. Richard “Doc” Sullivan
Equipment: Colt Dragoon Revolver, Smith Carbine, Doctors bag
Description: 5’11” with short dark brown hair, with a small trim moustache and wire frame glasses. Wears a Black frock coat and trousers, white shirt, grey waistcoat and a black Stetson hat
Background: Dr. Richard Sullivan is quiet, patient man well known for his good bedside manner and friendly demeanour. However despite these preconceptions he proved to be a valued and extremely competent cavalryman, serving in the 3rd West Virginia volunteer cavalry regiment fighting for the Union until the end of the war.
Upon leaving the regiment in 1865 Dr. Sullivan or “Doc” as he’d come to be known was a changed man, bitter with his part in the war and the deaths he had caused in the name of “Liberty”. He now goes in search of a worthy cause in which to find redemption.
-------------------------------------------

Doc sat within the smoky tavern nursing his whiskey in order to put off returning to his tiny clinic and having to deal with yet anotehr casualty of the gold rush.
Raising the glass to his lips he notices that his fingernails are filthy with the blood of his last patient, remembering the mans screams as he had sawn off the tattered remains of his leg, Doc finished his drink in a single gulp feeling the burning liquor course through his body.
"Give us another one" he says sliding the money down the length of the bar to the waiting barman who then proceeded to pour his drink with a steady hand and an expert eye stopping it at precisely the right spot before placing it before the Doc.
The Liquor wouldn't do much to steady his hand but with the state his patients were often in by the time they were dragged down from the gold fields for him to deal with he didn't think it would make much of a difference to teh end result.

DeletedUser

Name: Brett Riverboat
Background: born to a good-fer-nothing family, and has carried on the 'family occupation', lives by stealing money from lone travellers, has a small bounty on his head, and as such never stays in one place for too long.
Inventory & Clothing: Knife, Colt Revolver, White shirt, brown waistcoat & trousers, black shoes, overcoat & hat, plus a red kerchief.
-----------------------------------------
Brett walked through the street's of the small town, steering clear of the Sherriff's office, he wasn't looking for trouble, well, not yet.
Reaching the saloon, he brushed through it's doors and moved over to the bar. he tossed down a few coins.
"Shot of whiskey, preferably the stuff where you get your eyesight back after two days - guaranteed." he ordered.

DeletedUser

Listen guys, did you read the OP? You don't post your RP - your send me your actions THEN I put them all into one story.

DeletedUser

Okay, Part I of Chapter I is now up. Post more to continue!

Chapter One.

The Rising Sun always had a small wooden seat by the window. It was pushed underneath a small round table in a corner, directly beneath a mighty buffalo head. No one sat on that seat apart from Doc Sullivan.
He pushed open the heavy door of the house on a mild Tuesday afternoon, sidling through the daily crowd of scruffed farmers, women laced with heavy perfume and revelaing dresses, the fog of the cheap tobacco sold at the bar, and the other dregs of society that came here. The man at the bar recognised him and his order and sloched some golden whiskey into a glass and placed it onto his table before running back to the bar.
Sullivan had been eagerly awaiting this respite, for the past four hours he had amputated limbs and done numerous other medical operations on the mangled remains of prospectors who hadn't safely primed their dynamite. With a large gulp he swallowed the glass in one go and tapped the glass on the table.
'Give us another one.' he called to on one in particular, to the general direction of the bar. Bloody hell, he thought, I must be out of it. He had only just relaised that his black stetson and coat were still on his body, not on the stand as usual. Oh well, he mused, I'm only going to put them back on again.
His eyes shot to a newcomer that had just entered, a tall, brown haired fellow, a bright red neckerchief tied round his neck and a shiny six shooter in a holster by his side. No one paid any attention to him as he sauntered to the bar.
'Shot o' whiskey' he said, leaning over the bar, pulling his brown ragged hat over his eyes. 'Preferably the stuff that gets yer back after two days.'
A glass came sliding accross the bar top and was quickly scooped up, carried over to the middle of he room as he scanned for an empty table. His eyes locked onto an empty seat by the window in the corner.

DeletedUser13682

Name: James Callahan
Equipment: Colt Navy Revolver, Winchester repeater, bowie knife, badge of law
Description: 6’2”, black hair, sideburns, clean shaven, green eyes, wears jeans, flannel shirt, poncho, brown boots
History: James Callahan was born on a small ranch somewhere in the west. During a visit to a town, he saw the widespread lawlessness that comes with some towns, and decided to leave ranching for sheriffing. His siblings can manage without him. James’s calling was protection, and protection he provided. A few years prior, his biggest contribution to public safety was the arrest or elimination of the Nesbitt Gang, ending 8 years of terror.

DeletedUser

Name: James Callahan
Equipment: Colt Navy Revolver, Winchester repeater, bowie knife, badge of law
Description: 6’2”, black hair, sideburns, clean shaven, green eyes, wears jeans, flannel shirt, poncho, brown boots
History: James Callahan was born on a small ranch somewhere in the west. During a visit to a town, he saw the widespread lawlessness that comes with some towns, and decided to leave ranching for sheriffing. His siblings can manage without him. James’s calling was protection, and protection he provided. A few years prior, his biggest contribution to public safety was the arrest or elimination of the Nesbitt Gang, ending 8 years of terror.

Could you post what your character is doing at this moment in time?

-----------------------

I will be making a character just to keep everything on a loose story line.

Name: Frederick Mantz
Equipment: Winchester 1866, silver flask and a pocket watch.
Description: Brown hair slicked back, a brown goatee, and plain clothes.
Background: As the deputy to the sheriff, Frederick is held much gratitude to the state of relative law in the town.

DeletedUser13682

James is sitting in a corner of the bar, slowly sipping a pint of beer. The doctor is getting drunk again, better watch him to make sure he doesn't do anything unruly. A newcomer burst in, flamboyant, pretending to be fancy, purposely drawing attention to himself. James made a note to watch the newcomer for any trouble he might cause.

DeletedUser

I'll be going on holiday soon so I won't be here for a week. So I'll maybe post up the next bit, but until then, it's in hiatus.