Website [In progress] Fortbattles.online

DeletedUser40832

Hi lads!

I am currently working on a fort battle statistics website a bit more modern and more user-friendly.
At the moment the site isn't the greatest but it will be once finished.
The import will be done in the same way westforts.com is importing their battles.
The website is built using Node.JS and uses PUG as a template engine.
I am pleased with the results (import takes just a second).

I've made this post to keep you guys updated with the changes but of course you can see them live at https://fortbattles.online
Currently it stores only fort battles but it will store players, towns and forts as well.

Thank you for your time!
Criminus

DeletedUser40832

The leaderboard will be a bit different I am not thinking to make a copy of that website. The import would be similar to not confuse the players.

RaiderTr

Of course. I'm just thinking out loud.

As I never liked to have everything damage based, therefore unfair evaluation.

DeletedUser15368

Not all stats can be seen in the game tho
What statistic do you need that you can't see in-game currently? The gimmick of Westforts was that damagers could think they were better than they were with the damage-based leaderboards, and the awesome replay feature.

RaiderTr

Town ranks and whatnot. Across all West "markets"

But, as my first post says it's all damage based.
The gimmick of Westforts was that damagers could think they were better than they were with the damage-based leaderboards

I do wonder if the past battles (including years) will be able to be imported to this new site though.

DeletedUser40832

The import is done when you visit a battle report via cemetery window of the fort or any battle report. Any fort battle can be imported. You can import 10 battles in 10 seconds if you are fast enough to click them in the cemetery window.

At the moment it takes a second because only the body of the fort battle is saved.
If I’ll have to separate this and make additional changes to the structure of the report it might take up to 5 seconds (depending on the size of the report). For example if I want to log all players or only the best ones for the leaderboard.

I’ve tried to integrate the battle replay for the battles and it works somehow. I’ll have to make some changes because it looks ugly and it doesn’t fit.

For the old battles:
There are many ways of doing this. Easiest one is to bulk save all battles from westforts and import them one by one in the database with a script.
I will also have an admin dashboard behind the scenes where I can add battles manually.

Here is a gif demonstrating how the import is done from an earlier version.

Last edited by a moderator:

pero131

replay is something usefull and something we can discuss later . it is also a tool to show someone how to lead (explain why players moved in particular way etc.)
damage is one of the statistics
but what about dodges?
what about ghosts?

looks promising so far though !! keep at it :)

RaiderTr

Well, that's what I said. Or tried to anyway :'P

Talking of leading, I forgot to mention how I liked the "Strategies" (map and tools) part of the Westforts and would like something like that, if not a better one.

DeletedUser40832

How about the endless advertisements?

I must find a way to reward dodgers for the leaderboard. Like for example for damagers 10 points per 1000 damage. I’d say maybe 1 dodge = 1 point for dodgers?

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
How about the endless advertisements?

I must find a way to reward dodgers for the leaderboard. Like for example for damagers 10 points per 1000 damage. I’d say maybe 1 dodge = 1 point for dodgers?
work backward -- weigh the scoring of each statistical category so that players of similar prominence in those categories are ranked similarly in the combined category.

e.g. someone who is number one in dodges in virtually every battle should find themselves ranked ahead of someone who is virtually never ranked number 1 in damages. Likewise someone who is number one in ghosts in virtually every battle should find themselves ranked ahead of someone who is virtually never ranked number 1 in damage taken.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Meat shield—most hits received
Ghost fail — ko’d advent with fewest ghost rounds (tiebreaker most damage received)
Bullet magnet — highest hits received /(hits received + dodges) (tiebreaker most hits)
Purple Heart — lowest positive final hp/ staring hp
Cannon fodder — lowest damage dealt/damage taken
Dancing shoes — highest dodges/dodge+hits received
Work Horse —most hits dealt + dodge
Marshmallow—lowest hits dealt+misses+hits received+dodges+ghosts*10

pero131

what about town rankings ?
not based on damage but on fortbattles attendance (average number of players joining battles per month?) , fort owning ,and duelling?