Improve the Golden Gun

zvrndo

If we talking about new quest around 120 lvl with price modified GG I would vote YES.Changing current quest for regular GG...NO, its hard enough ( someone will find it easy, but those are mostly very lucky or they are premium players).

DeletedUser34767

If we talking about new quest around 120 lvl with price modified GG I would vote YES.Changing current quest for regular GG...NO, its hard enough ( someone will find it easy, but those are mostly very lucky or they are premium players).

Totally agree.

Leave the current GG quest alone. I am fine with adding a high level quest that upgrades the GG to an improved GG.

fortfighter1

Agree also, just have a add on quest at level 120-130 that gives GG more bonus. Complete 50 fort battles, do 100k damage in battle, KO 20 people in battle type questline.

DeletedUser30224

I also agree with a quest that would require you to exchange your Golden gun for an improved Golden gun. You might be needing to find some parts that are luck drops, or whatever, it makes no difference but it would be a nice thing to have an improved Golden Gun. That way you would have to do both the old quest to get the gun in the first place and then say at lvl 120 onward you would unlock the improved golden gun quest.

The easy option would be just to modify the thing as it is, but in all honesty, the hell will freeze over before that will happen.

zvrndo

The easy option would be just to modify the thing as it is, but in all honesty, the hell will freeze over before that will happen.

Yeah, that would be odd...and overpowered weapon for 75-80 lvl.Zdeno put this on vote, let see what majority think about idea.

DeletedUser

I like the idea of a quest line that allows players to upgrade their GG.
Make a level requirement of 120 or 125 and an inventory requirement of a GG.
Require a series of luck drops much like the GG.
Once those requirements are met, the player can meet a quest giver with all of the required items and get the new/upgraded gun.
Improve the bonuses just a bit (I'm sure that's where you'll get the most input) ... and you're set!

DeletedUser33342

I like the idea of Fortfighter1,
start from level 120 with the quest and let us do fortfights in the quest for the gun.

I think majority does not want a harder quest

the Modified Golden Gun will be used by fortfighters, so like fortfighter1 said mayby we should make a quest specifically towards fortfighters.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30224

the Modified Golden Gun will be used by fortfighters, so like fortfighter1 said mayby we should make a quest specifically towards fortfighters.

Even if it is aimed at fort fighters by having the sole function of being fired only on a battlefield, we do use golden guns as means to get other bonuses they carry that are useful outside of a fort battle as well, so I disagree. It's wrong to force people to fort fight just to get a fort weapon. Allot of worlds are quite weird in how they handle fort fights, one of the rule being that you need to have certain health to be allowed to participate. Not many people would be happy with such a quest in my honest opinion.

DeletedUser33342

Ok you're right, but I also think you shouldn't make a quest where you need to do a specific job for weeks like Travelling Merchant.
Obviously the first players trying to complete the quest will be fortfighters, they are not skilled like merchant.
But I think it's clear we almost all agree that there is room for a Modified Golden Gun.

What would be a good idea for a quest?

DeletedUser

How's about a simple yet fun quest target.? --> Make every player do each and every single job once, 15s each would be enough. Call it something like 'your experiences of all the west has to offer enables you to modify your gun' or something along those lines.

So it'll take a while, it'll involve risk (limited until you get to the higher end jobs) but it'll give everyone a reason to revisit old favorites like hunting grizzlies, prospecting, exploration, etc...

DeletedUser33353

Now that is a novel approach to achieving an upgraded golden gun. I like it :)

DeletedUser

Thanks Kidd. Ooh, and I just thought of an addendum to the idea:

Make sure you've got the GG equipped when you're doing all the jobs. Makes some sense to me in the spirit of increasing your wisdom and experience, after all if you do every job with a certain object, you'll soon learn it's ins and outs...Enough to modify it!

DeletedUser33342

Done, English is not my mothertongue but I hope I represented the idea as formed through this subject.