Improve the Golden Gun

DeletedUser33342

Idea title: Introduce a new questline with the prize: Modified Golden Gun
Details of idea: A new questline from lvl 120 in which, after a certain number of missions and jobs you recieve the Modified Golden Gun (lvl 120) which will be stronger and gives more bonusses than the Golden Gun (lvl 75).
Reasons for submitting: Let the Golden Gun keep an edge over the new guns and item sets with their advantages and bonusses.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35968

Good point.
But i prefer a new gun superior than GG from level 120, through a series of hard quests.
Because, GG can be used from level 87. The same gun for level 87 and 150 are not a good option.

DeletedUser35352

Damage is only one aspect and most ppl forget to count in the +15dmg (average dmg 305). Golden Gun gives you also +5 att & +5 deff in fort fights. there is no gun that comes anywhere near this bonus. It still is the Holy Grail :)

DeletedUser

GG still is BY FAR the best gun, and with sabre or revolver the best weapon set for fort battles without any doubt. No other gun provide huge bonus damage and fort attack/defence bonus like GG. (I did not count inferno and stormcaller sets)

Although I do not have any GG yet but I still think no other gun is as good as GG. The new guns are for snipers but not for people who call themselves dedicated fort fighter base on skill build.

Good point.
But i prefer a new gun superior than GG from level 120, through a series of hard quests.
Because, GG can be used from level 87. The same gun for level 87 and 150 are not a good option.

+ 1 with this, If they want to make a change give us even a gun slightly better than GG with harder quest line with multiple re-skill and low percent of drop on super hard job :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser33342

Complete natty and you get +3def/att and +30 damage as well.

DeletedUser33342

Good point.

You're right.. :hmf:
Mayby not a new gun but a lvl 120 quest serie where you'll switch Golden Gun to Improved Golden Gun?

DeletedUser

to be honest without even breaking a sweat i got the rifle on el dorado it took me literally less then 10 minutes to find key 3, the 3 other steps and the treasure chest

in the past those steps took 20-30 hours if you had luck or 200-300 hours when badluck

something that can be done in an hour or so, shouldn't be so reward.

the quests for the other 2 keys are easy and give very good xp and money and sp rewards as well.I hink the GG is fine as it is, since where in the past getting it was a true challenge and headache these days its easy as hell

DeletedUser34315

I spent ~3 months finding mine, but I'd dispute it being the best gun.
JJ's resistance bonus is better for tanks, bumppo's damage bonus is better for snipers.

DeletedUser33342

it is not the best gun anymore. with the george, natty and JJ a lot of advantages came on that are better than GG's

DeletedUser

I think the GG should stay the same as it is really easy to find. For example, the longest it has ever taken me to find 3rd key is 7 hours and the other 2 keys are easy too.

I really like the idea of another quest at a level >120 that gives a reward of a more improved GG or a different weapon. I do not think it should be a weapon set though as it will impinge on Inno's ability to sell the 800 bond/nugget weapons at future tombolas as the special sets should be more powerful and demanded more than a quest weapon.

DeletedUser35968

winter gun: avg 325
natty gun: avg 300 (330 with set)
will gun: avg 300 (315 with set)
gg : avg 305
and you get the defense and attack bonus without using golden colt/golden sabre. So u can use sam houwsn's knife with GG, which give +1 defense. (not easy to get)

and some new named guns like Buckshots : 320-320 are introduced.
So i will say, instead of fixing gg, they should start a new quest. I dont want to use the same gun for 60 levels which will be need almost 2-3 years to reach.

DeletedUser35120

winter gun: avg 325
natty gun: avg 300 (330 with set)
will gun: avg 300 (315 with set)
gg : avg 305

Why do you all look for damage, and don't care about the bonuses? Tell me, how can you compare a gun with average damage 305, +5 Attack, +5 Defense +2 to all APs, +10 HP to a gun like winter gun, whose avg. damage is 325?

I guess you all care for damage in battles and not dodges, hits. Well, to deal damage you need to hit the opponent first.. even there the +5 Attack helps.

DeletedUser

Anny, I never found the +5 to help me significantly in fort fights, but I do find that the +65 damage per shot that both my sector and I get from me wearing Munny clothes with Natty rifle set is well worth it. If you are in a large sector attacking with 30 people getting +65 damage per shot, that is a lot more damage dealt per round. It is not just personal benefit, but the benefit of the team.

DeletedUser35968

Why do you all look for damage, and don't care about the bonuses? Tell me, how can you compare a gun with average damage 305, +5 Attack, +5 Defense +2 to all APs, +10 HP to a gun like winter gun, whose avg. damage is 325?

I guess you all care for damage in battles and not dodges, hits. Well, to deal damage you need to hit the opponent first.. even there the +5 Attack helps.

Truly saying, I am using GG for speed purpose only.
Its +35LP bonus is nothing compared to some new gun sets.
And I never felt the bonus while fortfighting. I used Natty set which has +25 Leadership and +35 damage sector bonus.

DeletedUser35533

it took me a year and a half of reskilling and working to get my GG ,yes I do think it should be the best gun in the game.

DeletedUser

I agree that it should be the best gun. But the only way that the other guns are better is if they are in full set, which will either cost a lot of real life money or in-game money. Either way it will cost a lot to get those guns.

DeletedUser33342

it's easy to get ingame money, i know players earning only 18,000$ / day through daily quests.
these guns are available to everyone.
especially with those new items for lvl 120+.
they needed to improve guns for these levels, but the Golden Gun is, after all these years still the same.

DeletedUser

I really like the idea of a high level quest line that allows players with the Golden Gun to upgrade to maybe a Scoped Golden Gun or an upgraded version of the GG. Increasing the damage a bit would be appropriate for a higher level player.
Nice idea Allmar!

DeletedUser35968

I really like the idea of a high level quest line that allows players with the Golden Gun to upgrade to maybe a Scoped Golden Gun or an upgraded version of the GG. Increasing the damage a bit would be appropriate for a higher level player.
Nice idea Allmar!

Modified is the term. As they modified winchester, musket and all.