Passed Improve Telegrams

Would you like to see this idea implemented into the game?

• Yes

Votes: 65 95.6%
  • No

Votes: 3 4.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser1105

I know this has been discussed before, but it has never made it to a vote so I thought I would create a new thread and try to list all of the improvements needed for telegrams, rather than having 10 threads with different suggestions.

This is becoming increasingly important now forts are here and people need to easily and quickly notify as many people as possible - via telegram.

1) Sorting
You should be able to sort the telegrams by name and subject, not just by date.

2) Filing
You should be able to create custom categories and be able to move messages (both recieved and sent) into those sections.

3) Forwarding
You should be able to easily forward a telegram.

4) Custom Mailing Lists
In the 'Add Recipicents' section you should be able to add your own lists, and add and remove players easily.

5) Better Identification of Failed Addressees.
At the moment, you try sending a mass mail and you can end up with the message 'A few addressee cannot be found'. It should tell you exactly which names are incorrect.

6) BB Code Buttons
I think the BB code buttons should be added to telegrams to make it easier for (and more likely that they will) people to link player names, town names. They should also add a fort bb code button.

7) Telegram ALL in a Town (As per The Yellow Dart's idea)
A quick button added to the town profile screen that says 'Telegram' much like in the personal profile which then opens a telegram and inserts all the town members in the to field seperated by a semi-colon. It would also be nice to just enter the town's name into a box like a players name.

8) Export Telegrams
One click of a button, and your whole conversation is formatted in an easy-to-read, in-date/time-order way that you can paste onto a forum post.

9) Better Navigation

Currently when you close a telegram, it closes ALL of the telegram windows. The whole system should work like the reports one does.

Can anyone think of any others?

DeletedUser

1) Sorting
You should be able to sort the telegrams by name and subject, not just by date.

I dunno, alot of my mass mails have similar if not identical subject heading. Would rather be able to move the messages to another folder.

2) Filing
You should be able to create custom categories and be able to move messages (both recieved and sent) into those sections.

Defo.

4) Custom Mailing Lists
In the 'Add Recipicents' section you should be able to add your own lists, and add and remove players easily.

Although an address book can be easily made in MS Word or the like, an in game one would be a bonus.

6) BB Code Buttons
I think the BB code buttons should be added to telegrams to make it easier for (and more likely that they will) people to link player names, town names. They should also add a fort bb code button.

Not a priority imo.

A quick button added to the town profile screen that says 'Telegram' much like in the personal profile which then opens a telegram and inserts all the town members in the to field seperated by a semi-colon.

If this was to be implemented it should be accessible to FOUNDERS only or the likelyhood for mega spamming would be very great.

8) Export Telegrams
One click of a button, and your whole conversation is formatted in an easy-to-read, in-date/time-order way that you can paste onto a forum post.

Again, not a priority imo.

All good points EM and agree that the telegramme system needs improving.
I would defo like to see an address book added and live link-up chat.

DeletedUser

I'd really like to be able to delete individual or multiple telegrams without the whole lot resetting back to page one.

DeletedUser1105

If people use the telegram all button for spamming you could always report them, I suppose. When you say accessible to founders only, what do you mean?

If you mean only the founder of that town can use it, then it becomes redundant because we already have that feature.

If you mean any town founder from any town can use it then how would that prevent spamming? It only takes $300 and 80 energy to found a town so it's not like it stops spammers from becoming founders.

I agree, things like sorting and exporting are not priorities but I was just trying to list ALL of the changes that would improve the telegram system so we have one concise list to (hopefully) send to the developers, rather than a load of individual ones.

DeletedUser

If you mean any town founder from any town can use it

That's what I mean.
It would defo cut the chances of folk just mass mailing towns for the sake of it. MadAlice would have loved that idea btw lol

DeletedUser1105

I wouldn't have too much of a problem with restricting it to town founders AND counsellors. My hope for that one is to make it much easier to telegram people when your fort is being attacked. Keeping a list of players doesn't really help because players leave and join and your list is out of date.

DeletedUser

I know this has been discussed before, but it has never made it to a vote so I thought I would create a new thread and try to list all of the improvements needed for telegrams, rather than having 10 threads with different suggestions.

This is becoming increasingly important now forts are here and people need to easily and quickly notify as many people as possible - via telegram.

That's exactly what I wanted in my thread, but I wanted simpler and one thing that you did not mention is very important delete button and back button (when you click on Telegrams) to get back to last telegram page.

http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=21253

I'd be pleased with a lot of simpler system, but here is what I think:

1) Sorting That's right same as I wanted

2) Filing Don't know if it's necessary, but maybe someone needs it, it's not easy to make it's system, game developers want easy and good system.

3) Forwarding You mean with BB codes and so to forward entire telegram to others?

4) Custom Mailing Lists That would be great.

5) Better Identification of Failed Addressees. That's problem I have had lately, but I fixed it after few seconds, I was missing ";" in right place.

6) BB Code Buttons This is a must in future

7) Telegram ALL in a Town This is just feature that makes you easier to send all town members telegram right? So that's not so important.

8) Export Telegrams That would be great too, I like the way you thought it, I would expect that many would say they want to save it into file right away.

If this all goes to vote, I vote yes certainly.

DeletedUser1105

7) Telegram ALL in a Town This is just feature that makes you easier to send all town members telegram right? So that's not so important.

I think it IS important. When your fort is being attacked, you need to get the message out quickly. Sending a message to a founder of an allied town is all well and good, but if that is not read for another 8-9 hours (if the person is sleeping, for instance), and then when the founder passes it on they might not all be read for some time, it becomes an issue.

Being able to click on each allies town and generate a telegram list of everyone in that town would save a LOT of time and effort and enable you to get the message to as many people as possible.

As Dazzy said, there is a great chance of spam from it, but as long as you reported people who were mis-using it I think it would be cleared up.

DeletedUser

I think that all are very important and should be implemented. Points 4, 5, 6, and 7 are especially important to me.

DeletedUser

4) Custom Mailing Lists
when you open a town a option to add the whole town in a list

helpful for bigger alliances and for sending out fort battle warnings

DeletedUser1105

when you open a town a option to add the whole town in a list

helpful for bigger alliances and for sending out fort battle warnings

You mean like this?

A quick button added to the town profile screen that says 'Telegram' much like in the personal profile which then opens a telegram and inserts all the town members in the to field seperated by a semi-colon. It would also be nice to just enter the town's name into a box like a players name.
nversation is formatted in an easy-to-read, in-date/time-order way that you can paste onto a forum post.

DeletedUser

All would be helpful. One minor thing has always bugged me about telegrams as well: click anything else in the game and a new window opens. After all these months I still always forget that closing a telegram doesn't just close that telegram, but the only telegram window, making me click the telegram [button] on the right of the screen yet again.

I know, it's minor, but it's an annoying inconsistency. Telegrams should work like reports.

DeletedUser

All would be helpful. One minor thing has always bugged me about telegrams as well: click anything else in the game and a new window opens. After all these months I still always forget that closing a telegram doesn't just close that telegram, but the only telegram window, making me click the telegram window on the right of the screen yet again.

I know, it's minor, but it's an annoying inconsistency. Telegrams should work like reports.

Thanks for mentioning that. I never bring it up because I just assumed I was being lazy thinking that way, but it drives me nuts at times. (I know, it's not a long drive!)

DeletedUser1105

I completely agree Elmyr. I think someone mentioned above about a back button, and I was going to incorporate that but forgot. Your post reminded me.

DeletedUser14280

Welcome to this thread.
And I assume you're talking about PM's as well?

I think it'd be a nice idea to have a button that marks a telegram/PM as read or unread.

Status
Not open for further replies.