Impact of 1.28 and 1.29 on W1?

DeletedUser

Hi,
some news showed up on Beta forum from germans. What impact on w1 do you think it will have?
(just needed something related to w1 or it will be moved again to garbage can - Saloon :) )

Version 1.28:

1. The questsystem will become some improvements. There will be some new questrequirements in future for example special questitems, that you'll have to collect for several quests while working. Those items will be dropped while working if you fullfill requirements like the right equipment, skill or luck.

2. The economy of The West will become improved by a riding NPC-Trader on the map. You will be able to by some random items at him. Just right now, I cannot say anything about the items you will be able to buy there, but I think it'll be some new items and some older ones.

3. The beginning phase of this game is at the moment quite unattractive for new players in some ways. For example new players are able to work the first hour instantly and active but after that, they have to wait hours and hours to finish quests. This is a main reason for many players to leave The West. And because of this fact the beginning phase will be changed a lot. You'll have to play more actively in the beginning and maybe you will also get some kinds of a skill-guide through the game.

4. Of course a lot of bugfixes
wink.gif

So far, these things are the first features of 1.28 but there will be some more little-features I think... just like every update in past ^^

--------

Version 1.29:

Well for version 1.29 there are some things on the to-do-list but as this update is quite far away from now on, the following features and information are not quite sure.

1. The levelcap will be increased to level 120.

2. There will be some new jobs. Old jobs will also become a bit more difficulty because with 31 further levels there will be many new skillpoints. A further reason for increasing difficulty is...

3. New items, the trousers are coming! In other words, the trousers are already finished but because of some balancing problems they'll come with 1.29 and its other features. And yes it still becomes better: There will be about 80 (!!!) trousers, this means that every 1-2 levels you will be able to wear a new one of those nice clothes
smile.gif

--------

Well, as you can see, there are many many new features on 1.28 and 1.29... and the best thing on it: Most of these ideas were posted by community-members in our forums. Nicely done devs, happy implementing
wink.gif

And this is not enough... 2 further information that I got for the "The West Times" (german the-west-newspaper):
- on the 4th of July is Independence Day and there will definetly be a quest
- the content of the keytreasure is a not known/seen weapon. It was made completely new.

Well... too much information for just one day. Hopefully you liked them at all. Have fun while waiting for the next features. I'll tell you soon about the new things, we get to know
smile.gif

Greets
Micky1992

PS: If you want to get more information on these news, just read the “The West Times”. It's a newspaper by some german players (me inclusive). There are always the hottest news in. The next release is tomorrow, the 1st of July.

DeletedUser41

Level cap raise at last, although i dont like the part wher it says "this is quite far away" the fact that it was close to being lifted since the roadmap and its been 6 months since then, i assume we will be waiting minimum christmas time.

Hopefully not.

DeletedUser14029

Well, it will be incredibly nice to see you all professionals back! The dueling and fort battle pages have been missing your names for ages :D

DeletedUser

By the pace Inno is working i'd say its from 6 to 12 months if at all. I still pretty well remember promise to implement trading (was on road map) 2 years ago :)

DeletedUser

are they blind? it's 21 more levels not 31!!

and also the change of difficulty will cause many players to leave the game because we had a way to play.but this will ruin it :mad:

DeletedUser

Level caps, new jobs, new gears slot for trousers. Exciting, I'll look forward for this for w12 :D

DeletedUser

Well hopefully trousers will rid me of my saddle sores, ever seen a baboon well that is how bad it gets. :(
Joking aside....
We have only just had 1.27 so I am not expecting to see the other updates anytime soon. Not sure the level increase goes far enough and I don't see the need to make jobs harder, some are hard enough as it is... and will only discourage pure dueling builds, I thought inno wanted more hardcore dueling, not less.

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
We have only just had 1.27 so I am not expecting to see the other updates anytime soon. Not sure the level increase goes far enough and I don't see the need to make jobs harder, some are hard enough as it is... and will only discourage pure dueling builds, I thought inno wanted more hardcore dueling, not less.

Hardcore duellers don't need good jobs :razz:

DeletedUser11353

By the pace Inno is working i'd say its from 6 to 12 months if at all. I still pretty well remember promise to implement trading (was on road map) 2 years ago :)
Your math is way off, The Roadmap! was announced on 02-02-2010. That is 5 months, not 2 years.:razz:
Have some patience people, things like that aren't very simple to do, ya know?

DeletedUser

2 years ago they were saying that trading would never be implemented. Times change, and so do goals... they also said there'd never be an off topic forum.

DeletedUser

Your math is way off, The Roadmap! was announced on 02-02-2010. That is 5 months, not 2 years.:razz:
Have some patience people, things like that aren't very simple to do, ya know?

Its not about patience, its about Inno not keeping its word. Its not just about trading, but for duel on spot again (now they are forgotten too although they expected to add it in 1.27) and so on. So 6-12 months or never i think is a reasonable time frame :)

As for adding few more levels - i welcome it, but it really doesnt solve the problem. People will reach the top eventually and everything will repeat again.

Pants and other things i'm excited about and look forward to see if they will implement it.

Old 05-01-2009, 06:42 PM

Default Planned changes in 2009

Trade

Trade is something that we are thinking hard about. These are a lot of problems and things to think about though so this is causing delays. However, this is a very desired feature so we will definitely overcome these problems and begin development of this soon.

Duels

We are also going to work on changing duels. We would like duels to take place on the map instead of only in cities. As well as this, we would like to introduce more depth and tactical options, such as special attacks and special defences.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:35 PM
Redmanphill

Default The Roadmap!

Duels on the map
Players are no longer attacked using the saloon, but using the map. It is always used the location where the player is right now. There is also a search function on the minimap to find duelable players. A player is attackable in a specific location until he has reached a new location. The duel requirements will be adjusted slightly so that there will be more potential dueling partners.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5677

I am in agreement with Loki here. Inno has lack of Innovation, foresight, historical reference, and a road map that would destroy most cars so far.
It is still a fun cheesy game till we reach that cliff..
:rolleyes:

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
Looks like it's becoming even more like a Western version of the ---------- MMRPG.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

http://forum.westbeta.innogames.de/showthread.php?p=10514#post10514

A few minutes ago, there was an official statement about the Holidayset by Ashock, who is the gamedesigner of The West.

The Holidayset definetly influences the droprate of items and not the value of items, which you can find. But Ashock also says, that it may be, that the set will get further boni, which influence the value of our findings, in the future.

Furthermore the german communitymanager Joony stated out, that the west-office are quite empty right now, because many guys from Innogames are ill or on a holidaytrip. Nevertheless version 1.28 is coming soon and so we got some information about the NPC-Trader, which I have announced in another blogentry:
- The trader has got some items in his inventory, so that you can buy them. It seems as if you can buy them even if you are not in a town.
- You can change the offer of the trader by paying premiumnuggets.
- The offer will also change after a several time. This time is shown by a timer, just like it was implemented in the new duelwindow for NPC-duelants.

In 1.28, there also will be some graphical improvements and bugfixes. At first, the devs wanted to implement another feature on 1.28, which nobody have thought about until now. But because of problems with the balancing and the illness in the graphic-office, this feature has been shifted to 1.29. Our german communitymanager mentioned that this feature was about a building... maybe the fort-trader or a sheriff
wink.gif

DeletedUser

I don't like this new design. The old drawings seemed more "raw" and the characters were more real. These new fancy blocks around the character's energy/health points/experience and Account Balance make the west look like a child's game. And this Handler is like Papa Joe, who will give fresh cookies and milk to the kids who first milk his cows. The game is starting to look like a medieval RPG with "sweet" graphics.

Is it just me?

DeletedUser

I like a few of the new update graphics, and I definitely like a few of the features, but that picture of the white moustachio'd man is horrible and looks horribly out of place and context. Please God, do not let him near me in the game. If you do, at least make him killable.

DeletedUser

These new graphics look good, but has anyone considered the implications, I just hope Inno's servers have enough fast bandwidth to make these new features playable.

DeletedUser

book, I must say you're absolutely right.

It looks likes the computer games you see in the kid's section of the library.