IFBC 4?

erewan

Hello,

soon it will be two years since the last international FF event happened. Are there any future plans for similar events, perhaps this year? With banned Cortina it could be interesting. Also Covid-19 attracted many players to this game so it could be a great idea to organize one more championship before we return to our ordinary lives. Also with the situation the game is in now (extremely easy defending side, extremely frustrating attacks) many of us would definitely appreciate a opportunity to participate in an event of this kind.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
<speaking as player>
I would love this as well.
Perhaps we can use this as a jumping off point to helping design one.

Specifically, We could specify what sets we think would be good, whether we want them to be upgrade-able and/or if we want trading allowed, Which fort sizes should be used, etc.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
I'll start:
It should pair off battles in ALL 3 fort sizes, with turnout being a huge component in the battles.
assuming caps are:
Large: 130:120 Med: 92:84 Small:46:42
teams will be limited to 135 players
there are 6 battles on 4 days per matchup:
Day1 TeamA attacks TeamB in large
Day2 TeamB attacks TeamA in large
Day3 TeamA attacks TeamB in Medium, and SIMULTANEOUSLY TeamB attacks TeamA in small
Day4 TeamB attacks TeamA in Medium, and SIMULTANEOUSLY TeamA attacks TeamB in small

in those large attacks you can only afford 5 no-shows or you'll be shorthanded
in the Medium Attack+Small Defense you can only afford 1! so you better work well to get everyone there or you'll face choosing which battle to shorthand or effectively concede.
You'll also have to think carefully about how many of each class you want in order to be competitive in each scenario,

Gearwise:
no trades, no upgrades. Everyone gets all choices of gear:
Captain clothes and guns
Phoebe clothes and guns
Sam adams clothes and horses
Cortina clothes (no horses no weapons)
Wilson clothes and horses
Livingston clothes and horses

Extras:
no crafting
unlimited viewfinders and ammo slides (no boobie traps)
unlimited VIP
unlimited reskill potions
no quests (everyone has the same # APs/SPs)

Goober Pyle

The West Team
You'll also have to think carefully about how many of each class you want in order to be competitive in each scenario,

Note: I would advocate that there be unlimited experience potions (like 100 of those 100x25 packages) and a 2-week practice session where people can freely restart with a different classes and battles can be scheduled on-demand (time shifted to fit the two participant's timetables). Then a full reset (everyone restarts) after which no further class changes are permitted

Alduin

<speaking as player>
I would love this as well.
Perhaps we can use this as a jumping off point to helping design one.

Specifically, We could specify what sets we think would be good, whether we want them to be upgrade-able and/or if we want trading allowed, Which fort sizes should be used, etc.

As i said, open a server start from 150 with forts and towns prebuilt and merchants selling sets. Best way to see what is wrong with fort fights as well as hosting an event.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
As i said, open a server start from 150 with forts and towns prebuilt and merchants selling sets. Best way to see what is wrong with fort fights as well as hosting an event.

Hmm; how about this:
a .net "speed world" event for 3-4 months with only a participation prize and "active" and "dormant" periods (to stop it interfering with events); It would be a trial run for a theoretical future IFBC4 along the lines of the above where we roll out different sets (and allow upgrades only after a certain period) at different windows and tweak the caps and building levels to demonstrate what elements result in a reasonable expectation that the combination of sets, caps, and building levels will generally result in battles without a pre-ordained outcome.

Ideally we find tower level and set combinations that result in allowing caps to be closer to 1:1, and can help guide set-developers in what makes sets (and upgrades) problematic. and suggest what amount of decrease in the tower buffs would be good to roll out.