If the server were alive and democratic

Djo Bo

At the moment, the map is divided into 15 sectors. In each of these sectors, except for one - the city.
You can enter on the basis of these sectors -districts. With elective self-government. For example, once a week there is an election of a city-governor, by voting of all cities in the given district. You cannot hold this post for two consecutive terms. The founders of the governing city may dispose of the district treasury.
The treasury is formed from the following sources:
- voluntary donations
- the district tax on bank deposits (the governing city can change the tax rate, thus stimulating the flow of money from the districts where the tax is higher)
-Construction of the infrastructure of the district (for example, having collected 20kk, build roads and thereby accelerate life-long travel in the district by + 3%, then gravel roads + 5%, then paving stones + 10% on foot, + 8% on a horse, for example. Building a central bank, which will allow you to trade district bonds with different yields, for example, bought 10 district bonds for 20k, in a month you will get 21k, which will allow you to attract funds to the infrastructure right now, receiving priority occupancy. Construction of gardens - + 3% to collection. Construction of a railway line - + 3% to work on the railway) All this is to grade, grade.
On the basis of the server, enter - a state with a choice of a city - a governor, each participant of which will receive, for example, + 5% to the speed of movement. The founders of the governor city may control the state treasury, which:
-Formed from donations
-Taxes on banking transactions
-Market taxes
Can be spent on:
-buffs of the whole server, for life or for a short period
-State laws (For example, Prohibition - the production of whiskey decreases by 50%, the speed of movement increases by 30%. The law on minerals: the production of iron, coal increases by 30%, and the production of fruits decreases by 40%. For example, for 100,000 tons, such a law for a day, and for 15kk for a week, the next governor city can cancel this law for half the amount, for example.)
The city governor cannot be re-elected for 2 terms from the moment of taking office. You cannot vote for your city.
Add animation of all this, for example, bridges over rivers, flowering gardens, an entertainment park of the district (built on a budget, when used once a day, God be with him, with viewing ads - +10 to work or duel motivation)
Some of the laws are only for nuggets and debts, as an additional tool, the ability to reward these nuggets and debts to a district or state.
Competitions between districts to collect resources, with bonuses to the winner, by terms like a fair for example.
I think this can add social interest, increase communication, and therefore reduce the turnover of players, as well as increase sales of nuggets)
What do YOU friends think about it?))

DeletedUser15368

There were plans... a long time ago... for enhancements to the map and towns in the game and there were plans for a railway system, but obviously they never happened, and sadly at this point of the game, the development of new features has ended, so I don't believe big changes like this will happen.

I've long been fascinated with what we could potentially do with our current Alliance system, elections and a constitution and the likes, but we are very limited with the mechanics of the game with what we can do with that in a player verses environment context.

A lot of your ideas would have been really cool :-))

You can see a mini-version of it in the fort alliances on Colorado, with a big production chain for buffs, and lots of the fort fighters contributing to it.

Djo Bo

There were plans... a long time ago... for enhancements to the map and towns in the game and there were plans for a railway system, but obviously they never happened, and sadly at this point of the game, the development of new features has ended, so I don't believe big changes like this will happen.

I've long been fascinated with what we could potentially do with our current Alliance system, elections and a constitution and the likes, but we are very limited with the mechanics of the game with what we can do with that in a player verses environment context.

A lot of your ideas would have been really cool :-))

You can see a mini-version of it in the fort alliances on Colorado, with a big production chain for buffs, and lots of the fort fighters contributing to it.
Thanks for the detailed answer! In the depths of my romantic soul, I suspect that this is some kind of fantasy, they hope that this dream can appear in the game. However, you probably need to periodically let the developers know that their favorite players are gradually growing up.)) Thanks again for the answer!

Poker Alice

It sounds very cool. The fact that you thought that idea out and were able to share it in a post is awesome. It does sound to me like another game built around the theme of what we is presently here. Good ideas. As in any game I think in order for this one to work well there would need to be specific functions for everything. We both know that game functions do need to be tweaked periodically as bugs appear. Some are purely functional while other bugs come up do to the players interaction.

You mentioned democracy. One bug that will always appear in a democracy is opposition. That we need to accept like we see happening now in the current alliance system. When someone tries to make a game run smoothly or in a specific way there might always be someone slightly off the specified agenda. Here is where democracy gets tricky. Too much leverage on one side versus the other and it becomes a dictatorship.

That's why for any gaming system to run smoothly or there will be debate, I think it needs to be done on a code level. Do you agree or disagree? :)

Djo Bo

It sounds very cool. The fact that you thought that idea out and were able to share it in a post is awesome. It does sound to me like another game built around the theme of what we is presently here. Good ideas. As in any game I think in order for this one to work well there would need to be specific functions for everything. We both know that game functions do need to be tweaked periodically as bugs appear. Some are purely functional while other bugs come up do to the players interaction.

You mentioned democracy. One bug that will always appear in a democracy is opposition. That we need to accept like we see happening now in the current alliance system. When someone tries to make a game run smoothly or in a specific way there might always be someone slightly off the specified agenda. Here is where democracy gets tricky. Too much leverage on one side versus the other and it becomes a dictatorship.

That's why for any gaming system to run smoothly or there will be debate, I think it needs to be done on a code level. Do you agree or disagree? :)
Hello! I absolutely agree with you, many moments that could cause the dictatorship of some over others could be written in the game code, such as the moment with the impossibility of being re-elected for several terms in a row. On the other hand, the opposition in general is almost always good. Because we find out our weak points, we find out what our former supporters are unhappy with. We can change or enter into dialogue.

The opposition forces us to consult with everyone, and not do it as convenient for us. Who will elect the governor of the city, which sets bonuses only as it is convenient for him? Probably no one. By entering into a dialogue, we solve common problems, regardless of whether we are for purple or blue people. When we think that we are the best, there is only one Grinch sitting somewhere, who thinks that we are all terrible, but even the Grinch is kind at heart, we need to find an approach to him. This will increase the level of interest, in my opinion. Thank you for your opinion! It is very close to my heart!))