If I Ruled The World...

DeletedUser

I thought this might be a little bit of fun. What rules would you bring in if you ruled the world and had absolute power?
Just one rule, don't be personal against anyone or any group.

I'll start. If I ruled the world, I'd make it illegal to make really bad remakes of classic movies. :)

DeletedUser28032

If I ruled the world, you'd all be in a lot of trouble *evil laughter*

ok, ok I couldn't help myself *clears throat* If I ruled the world sampling classic songs in order to make a rather poor dance track would be highly illegal and punishable by being locked in a room with Justin Beiber being played on a loop

DeletedUser36559

If I ruled the world I would let everyone make their own rules.

DeletedUser35120

I ruled this world I would have ordered tark to level up faster in Dakota :laugh:

DeletedUser

Okay, if I ruled the world, I would introduce compulsory classes in respect.
When I was a kid, if I sat down on a bus while an old lady was standing, my mother would take the side of my face off.
Too many times these days, I see mothers with children and the children each have a seat, while old people are made to stand up because there are no more seats left.
The mother's argument? 'I paid a ticket for them, why shouldn't they sit down?'
Erm, maybe because the old people have trouble standing while your children DON'T! :mad:

I'll make this a two-fer. I would also make it compulsory for all drivers who want to turn a corner to actually use their indicators.
I have seen people turning into a side-street with no indicators at all and almost cause a crash because the guy didn't let anyone know what his intentions were.
I myself was almost run over by a van who did this. He was already halfway past the turn, so naturally, not seeing any indicators flashing, I assumed he was going straight on - only for him to suddenly turn into the street nearly knocking me over.
I was wearing my steel-toe-capped boots at the time and I kicked his van, putting a nice deep dent in the side of his van as he just missed me. :dastardly:

DeletedUser

If I ruled the world, I would change the justice system in the UK, so that 'Life' would really mean life.
Today a guy was jailed 'for life' and was told he must serve a minimum of 8 years, so - in effect - he could be out in a little over 8 years time. In what universe does that constitute 'life'?
Too many times we see this in Britain. "I sentence you to life in prison. You must serve a minimum of 5 years." and they're out in about 6. I don't know about you, but that does not constitute a 'life sentence' to me.
At least in America - many times that I have seen - life does mean life. "I sentence you to life in prison. You must serve a minimum of 99 years."
To use an old quote: There is no justice...there's just us.