[IDEA] New raiding system

DeletedUser

Proposal
My idea is to add a new town raiding system.

Current Workaround
Players have to keep duelling every player they can in the attacked town and have to wait 1 hour to duel one person again until that person has passed out.

Details
My idea is about a whole new raiding system,that is more oficial. It is like a fort battle except there are no walls, duel weapons are used instead and people can cause damage to the buildings.
Yes I know the picture ain't very good but it's just for this idea, if the idea is taken the art departament will make it much better. The attack is started just like a normal fort battle, set at a time and I don't know if it would be good to pay for it or not, but I think a fee for the start of the raid would e best so there woun't be so many spam attacks.The attacked city must have at least 45000 construction points.
As you can see in my picture there is an adrenaline bar. This bar grows everytime you hit someone in the raid and it grows ..hmm.. let's say 1% per hit, but if the one round you don't hit anyone at all then the bar drops to 0. If the bar reaches 100% then the player can use a fort battle rifle for 2 rounds.
As many of you may know the new update brings a new city layout where you can place the buildings anywhere in the city and we will also be able to place tree, statues and even lakes(so it goes great with my idea). The citites can place lakes around themselves to protect themselves in a raid. To cross a lake the player must have at least 30 points on the swiming skill but if has more he can swim a bigger distance(so the attackers won't have to go around the other side if they can swim)
If they don't have many points on swiming or if they don't have enough for a particular distance but they travelled it then they will drown and pass out.
To take part in the battle you must be part of the city that was challanged or challanged the other city and they must be present at the attacked city.
The cities ca't be taken over but it can be destroyed! Players will be able to damage some buildings while in the raid(maybe we will even make dynamites useful) so after the battle the workers that are based on building have something to do instead of reskilling.
The raid stops when all the players on 1 team pass out(so if the attackers win they don't get a chance to destroy all the buildings). If all the buildings are destroyed in that cityt, it becomes a ghost town so that's why people must take good care of their cities.
Winning raid fights will get the winning city higher in the ranking system(it will basiclly give them more point)

Abuse Prevention
I'm not sure

Visual Aids
Here is a link with the picture of what I had in mind :http://img338.imageshack.us/i/thewestnewraidsystemv2.jpg/

Summary
So basiclly a fort battle, or should a say a town battle that is more recommended for good duellers.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes/No
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? Yes/No

Thank you for your attention.

DeletedUser

I'm not too fond of the adrenaline idea, and what if a town only has 15 members and a town with 50 attacks them?The swimming idea isnt that great either but if its only 30 then it can fly I guess.
Other than that I am fond of this group dueling idea. I am not so sure about the turning towns into ghost towns though, I could see potential abuse. Perhaps if the buildings (health) drops to 0 it does not sell items or be usable for 48-72hrs, that would be pretty bad if your bank gets destroyed.... The builders would be responsible for fixing them up after they are raided or the raiders can come back and finish the job easier. Over all an interesting idea but I would think about it a little further, Maybe try to simplify it a little.

DeletedUser22575

Town battles/raiding..etc...has already been discussed several times before.

You really think some small town wants some large town attacking and turning their town to a ghost town, or there is anything fair about that.

NO.

DeletedUser

You really think some small town wants some large town attacking and turning their town to a ghost town, or there is anything fair about that.

NO.

Well I guess there could be a town member minimum for an attack.

DeletedUser23714

we already have fort battles. but this could be funny for someone. i have question about this: how can i hit with my golden saber player who is on other corner of ''this dueling fight''?

DeletedUser

Not everything has to be realistic Konsto.

I'd say the best idea would be for Aim to decide the distance you can shoot. Example:

10 aim = 2 sectors
20 aim = 4 sectors
30 aim = 6 sectors
etc.

My two airgead.

DeletedUser

we already have fort battles. but this could be funny for someone. i have question about this: how can i hit with my golden saber player who is on other corner of ''this dueling fight''?

The same way you hit them with a scythe! I think this idea could work as the MasterOfWar said; It doesn't have to be incredibly realistic.

DeletedUser

Yes it has been discussed/suggested several times b4..

But it would actually be nice and fun with a raiding system..I dunno.

Instead of KOing players every 48H we can have something a little more organised and fun. I would like this. :)

DeletedUser

This was the longest discussion I can remember on a similar idea: Town Brawl. There might have been something more recent (or longer) though.

DeletedUser22493

This idea would work if 90% of all towns in The-West consisted of active and devoted players.

Since only 5% do, this would just be abused to pick on the smaller towns.

DeletedUser

Since only 5% do, this would just be abused to pick on the smaller towns.

Yeah, basing who can be attacked on construction points means a lot of one-member, fully-built towns won't be enjoying this if it were to be implemented as is.

DeletedUser

I think towns should not be connected to dueling.
Duels are individual. No town is built upon raiding and dueling other towns.
If members of one town agree to go duel members of another town, that is by their individual agreement. The concept of town should be built upon developing buildings, adding more members, inhancing commerce by building stores etc. Not by dueler raiding - which may make that town a gang of robbers, not a social community.