Idea (Marriage)

DeletedUser37951

Leveraging the spirit of the Valentine's event...
I came to propose an idea that would be interesting!

One more way to show love for the other player
We know that this game gives us great friendships and sometimes a great love

Nothing better than to prove it inside the game in a different way.

So ... let's go to the idea:​

Marriage in The West

Profile: The player profile will look like this.
2wec7zs.png

When married:
xc6rk7.png

1. The church will have a new tab "Marriage"
iyoj5t.png

This tab can be unlocked either by mission or when the church reaches a certain level.
And why not for both reasons?

Marriage Tab
11vqo78.png

2. When you click the button, a window will open.
6y348w.png

You can make the request, declaring your love and paying a fee to the church.

3. The other player will receive a report
izaniq.png

Report will look like this:
16lcvty.png

The other player will receive:
10xybrn.png

nltw1e.png

4. After wedding, the church tab "Marriage" will look like this:
nez0oh.png

And if love is not strong enough, it will be possible to separate.
n4zhqp.png

5. And one Achievement with Marriage Set!
bh0u3b.png

Final considerations (Example):
  • The player can marry several times.
  • The cost for each new marriage will increase.
  • You will have to wait some time to marry after a divorce
  • The "Statistic" of player: Will show how many times the player married, and will show the time of the current marriage.

Credits: Hay Jay and Reinfeldt Guy (Brazilian Server Player)

DeletedUser35533

but why? any rewards will lead to a spike in fake for profit marriages.
Statistic will shame people who have married 5+ times.
"You will have to wait some time to marry after a divorce"
why? can you say a love few hours after divorce is impossible?
"The cost for each new marriage will increase."
for both sides? penalty for people who marry a lot. how much are we taking anyway?
How is it on the gay question?
I hope sample pics are just samples, they look to plain for big events. Im still holding out hope that one day they will add cathedral skins for level 200+ churches.

if there is going to be a marriage institution I propose we go with the linage 2 "Please Make Me Formal Wear - Quest" type deal were anyone could go one a long quest to get wedding outfits, even people who were not planing to get married. I don't recall if you actually needed the outfit to get married. I do recall it being a long and expansive quest so that is all the commitment one needs show.

Side note: I do recall it being said somewhere office that married was going to be one of those things they never bring into the game but that was years ago. These days we all know that even bulk crafting button is a luxury that takes half a year, so whatever.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    240.9 KB · Views: 12

DeletedUser6752

To make it a core concept - which is to say, players who chase achievements, but think this idea is ridiculous, would have to make a choice between the two - is a definite thumbs down.
If you want to have a little label on your profile that says you're "married" to someone else in the game, fine. But to force people who don't like the idea to have to do it in order to get ahead in the game - nopenopenopenopenope. Please, take all my nopes.

DeletedUser26820

A definite out of the box proposal to the game.
Well done, Hay Jay. Great proposal with the links and spoilers and sets.
If it was incorporated, I'd be Briscoe's most eligible bachelor ;)
A lot of parameters would have to be put into place to incorporate it, so I don't see it happening, but it's a great proposal and new dynamic.

I'll vote no, because I might have a harem of 12 wives within a month, but a good suggestion and nice proposal presentation.

DeletedUser36352

I like the idea, But I think adding something like intimacy will do nicely. so people with high intimacy (5000? dunno) can marry. then there can be certain activities that increase intimacy. or those that decrease intimacy.

DeletedUser26820

Let's realize when we're discussing something that will NEVER EVER EVER be considered.....

Intimacy?
Let's realize we've got male gender definitions relative to female gender definitions already defined in the game that are protected by rules of conduct.
We didn't make them up. But they exist.
"Hey, sweet cheeks... You're shaking that Cullen's maker.... let's go get "intimate" and I'll show you my Hardin's....."
Would a male gender toon with a female gender toon "intimacy" act get more or less "intimacy points" than a male gender toon with another male gender toon?
Not going there. Inno won't go there. There are other websites if you need intimacy in your on-line browser game.

See where we're going with this? Won't ever happen.
For my first question would be how many "intimacy" points I could get with a sheep in the church while praying while tipping the beer cart girl....
For if there was an "Intimacy" rankings tab, I'd have to work too hard to be in the top 30 of it on my server.

Wrong game for such a proposal or suggestion, but it would be hilarious......

DeletedUser33353

Let's realize when we're discussing something that will NEVER EVER EVER be considered.....

For my first question would be how many "intimacy" points I could get with a sheep in the church while praying while tipping the beer cart girl...

The answer of course is 10. Everyone knows that.

DeletedUser26820

I'm in then...

Wooly and Bambie.... get over here.... no, come on, get over here.... I'm in the mood for some Intimacy points and we're going to get some.....
Huh? No, I can't craft leather straps and no, you can't drink my whiskey, but give us some handcuffs, barbed wire, and 20 minutes, I'll have some Intimacy Points go find us a woman to marry......

Just Beta testing the text that follow regarding such a proposal..... I like it :)

Agfob

I think its a great idea with a nice presentation.
Nobody is forced to get married, it could solely be for an achievement with no quest attached.

Maybe it needs some more work, but I give it a thumbs up! :)

DeletedUser38817

Good job with the graphics and stuff but this will never be considered unless you have to pay nuggets to get married ;)

DeletedUser26820

This is a joke, right?
Who's kidding whom ???

Ok.... I get it now. But who's the sheep's end of this joke??

I only fell for it 49%......

DeletedUser36979

Shotgun-weddings from NPC's forcing players into marriage. Only option to avoid is paying nuggets. While forced into marriage, 90% of everything goes to the bride and her shotgun swinging father.

A new cashcow for Innogames.... you all know they have the greed.

DeletedUser37951

but why? any rewards will lead to a spike in fake for profit marriages.
Statistic will shame people who have married 5+ times.
"You will have to wait some time to marry after a divorce"
why? can you say a love few hours after divorce is impossible?
"The cost for each new marriage will increase."
for both sides? penalty for people who marry a lot. how much are we taking anyway?
How is it on the gay question?
I hope sample pics are just samples, they look to plain for big events. Im still holding out hope that one day they will add cathedral skins for level 200+ churches.

if there is going to be a marriage institution I propose we go with the linage 2 "Please Make Me Formal Wear - Quest" type deal were anyone could go one a long quest to get wedding outfits, even people who were not planing to get married. I don't recall if you actually needed the outfit to get married. I do recall it being a long and expansive quest so that is all the commitment one needs show.

Side note: I do recall it being said somewhere office that married was going to be one of those things they never bring into the game but that was years ago. These days we all know that even bulk crafting button is a luxury that takes half a year, so whatever.

I thought about it too, the player can get a ring, or some clothes on a simple mission needed to release the wedding. Thus there would be no fake marriages. And there would be no final rewards either.
This statistics can only be seen by the player.
Without final rewards, you would not have to wait for time to remarry

To make it a core concept - which is to say, players who chase achievements, but think this idea is ridiculous, would have to make a choice between the two - is a definite thumbs down.
If you want to have a little label on your profile that says you're "married" to someone else in the game, fine. But to force people who don't like the idea to have to do it in order to get ahead in the game - nopenopenopenopenope. Please, take all my nopes.

Hey, relax. You commented on the image with less importance
The key point is a new function in the church and the possibility of in-game marriage.
Obvious that the idea is just one example and each image is the construction of this example. This does not have to happen 100% as shown, right?
However, I believe it would be interesting to show your marriage status somewhere on your profile! :)

A definite out of the box proposal to the game.
Well done, Hay Jay. Great proposal with the links and spoilers and sets.
If it was incorporated, I'd be Briscoe's most eligible bachelor ;)
A lot of parameters would have to be put into place to incorporate it, so I don't see it happening, but it's a great proposal and new dynamic.

I'll vote no, because I might have a harem of 12 wives within a month, but a good suggestion and nice proposal presentation.

Thanks! And thanks again for your vote

I think its a great idea with a nice presentation.
Nobody is forced to get married, it could solely be for an achievement with no quest attached.

Maybe it needs some more work, but I give it a thumbs up! :)

Yes, of course... the idea needs more work!
Honestly, we imagined the idea in one day and the same day we made the examples of the idea. I posted here hoping that the final construction of the idea would start here with the other players.

DeletedUser26820

Give me 3 donkeys to drag my gear around, a preacher and a church and we'll be done with this.
In about 72 hours, one donkey will be filing for divorce, another will be cheating on me and hauling someone else's gear around, and the third, that never had a child with me, will be filing for custody and support.....

DeletedUser38922

This idea is great!
Why wouldn't this be considered??
This would help with dedication to this game? I mean - I am pretty new to the game and I have started to realize they are taking away/have taken away so many small details that really attracted me to the game? (*coughs* Poker *coughs*)
I want the experience of the west. Right now, I feel as if I am just playing a game; that gets old quick.
They could even price marriage for nuggets (like suggested above)? That is fair, right?

Last edited by a moderator: