Idea for Forum Update

DeletedUser

I was wondering if an update to the in game town forum could be incorporated into the game...

I know that most people have trust issues with members of their towns. It's just natural, especially if you know there are spies around.

I'm sure this has been thought of before, but perhaps not enough people liked it, or no one cared enough, but this is really something i would like to see in the forums.

Something setup as a third level of security for town forums.

So you would have your no priv members that could see the regular town forum.

Then you would have your level two priv members setup to see the partially hidden forums

And your third level of members who are your founders, council members, trusted members, or whatever setup to see the sctrictly hidden section of the forums..

This would be really useful when bringing in new blood into a tribe if you are unsure of how much you can trust them, you don't have to give them privs. They can still communicate with the tribe on the forums, but they wouldn't be able to see any of the semi important, or the really important things going on.

If you feel like this would benefit you or your town. Please post here, in support of this idea. And please make sure you spread the word, and get as much support here as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Diggo11

List of ideas not to create new threads about:
  • Improved town forum

I could have sworn that new ranks were on there too, but that apparently isn't.

DeletedUser

I'm happy with the forums the way they are . Most games won't even give you a forum because it takes up too much server space and this one gives you most of the features of the regular forum, even though you have to know all the tags and codes to use them.

DeletedUser7474

I think rule on the side of being safe
And not letting all see what is coming next
But as some will say what dose He know I say do you know all about your friends

DeletedUser

Wait- why not make all your town's citizens counselors and make all the regular forums hidden. Then when a new person comes along you keep them as a citizen for a while before moving them up to a counselor. The hidden forums they have already aren't that useful because there isn't much to talk about that the rest of the town shouldn't know. Plenty of towns do this already.

DeletedUser

Wait- why not make all your town's citizens counselors and make all the regular forums hidden. Then when a new person comes along you keep them as a citizen for a while before moving them up to a counselor. The hidden forums they have already aren't that useful because there isn't much to talk about that the rest of the town shouldn't know. Plenty of towns do this already.

This is why: http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=21980

DeletedUser

As long as they're only town counselors the town founder still has control of the town. Yes there will be some saboteurs but the town founder can still boot them and restore order.

DeletedUser

As long as they're only town counselors the town founder still has control of the town. Yes there will be some saboteurs but the town founder can still boot them and restore order.

Counselors can kick anyone including the founder. That's what happened in that town.

DeletedUser

Counselors can not kick the founder. Only founders can kick founders. It isn't coded for that to happen and it can't happen. A counselor can't even promote another counselor or member to founder status let alone kick a founder.

Diggo11

Are you sure councillors can kick the founder? I always thought they can only kick citizens and other councillors...

EDIT: Ok Dee wins.

DeletedUser

after reading many forum threads i still havent come across my idea, it may be there it may not but here it is anyway;

seeing as im in a town who has brother/sister towns, i have noticed there is not an option to have shared forum between the two.. if this was implemented it would solve a lot of communication problems between each town.. you can do this on TRIBALWARS and it has a lot of advantages.

this is what i would most like to see introduced to the game.. Anybody else feel the same way as me on this opinion?