I Welcome the Revolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

The saying that ignorance is bliss is true.
If I was a normal teenager I would have no fears, no dread at what is to come in the future. The worst thing that could possibly happen would be flunking a math test or some such, or (insert random, meaningless gossip).

However, I am intelligent. The liberals here would disagree, but I do not mean so much "correct" in my political views as in just being politically aware. I am aware of what is coming.

A normal kid my age has no grasp of politics, history, economics.... almost nothing of the sort. Occasionally my geography teacher has to point out where the USA is on a map. They do not differentiate between the Declaration of Independence and Constitution, nor do (some of them) grasp the concept of the American Revolution.
"What's that you say, Mrs. Teacher? How could we be British if we're American?"
Mention Wall Street and their faces go blank.

Now, I know plenty of bright peers. These are just the worst examples of an inordinately large group.

But, I am aware of all of those things, so I live in knowledge, and live in perpetual, catatonic fear.

The work of every progressive from Theodore Roosevelt to Barrack Obama is tearing the United States to shreds.
Our debt raises every day, yet our economy still goes down. Our tyrants insist that climate change will be the end of civilization, when we are slipping into a cooling period. Furthermore, they insist that we must spend billions of dollars investing in sources of energy that just do not work.

A Nanny State is enslaving us piece-by-piece, great indoctrination centres are snuffing out hope for the future generations. Bush butchered the economy, but now Obama is incinerating it.

An African American has MORE rights than a Caucasian; millions of Hispanics flood our borders and take our jobs.

If 84% of our GDP is government spending, everything collapses. We are over 30% right now, and raising alarmingly fast. Judaism and Christianity are being stomped out (and will be followed by other religions).

There are only two things that will happen.
The first is that a landslide Libertarian victory in 2010 and 2012 will allow us to rebuild ourselves from the economic devastation.
But what if we don't last till then? All hope is lost.
There will be a total economic capitulation; we will become the Weimer Republic. The other alternative is the Revolution.

Texas will secede, I'm sure. So will Montana and Alaska. If I was an adult and any one of those states seceded, I'd pack up and move.
But if there's resistance to the Secession, then the Revolution will come, when people who remember the true America will fight off tyranny once more.

I welcome the Revolution; hopefully, this will be resolved without collapse, without bloodshed. But if necessary, may tens of millions of Americans, even myself, die for the sake of our Posterity (in my generation's case, future Posterity).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14280

A normal kid my age has no grasp of politics, history, economics.... almost nothing of the sort. Occasionally my geography teacher has to point out where the USA is on a map. They do not differentiate between the Declaration of Independence and Constitution, nor do (some of them) grasp the concept of the American Revolution.
Oy, I only read this bit.

Do you know, I think kids just need to play more video games.
Let me tell you, I've learned a lot from Civilization IV and its Civilopedia.
For example, did you know that bronze is actually harder than iron?
The Iron Age only succeeded the Bronze Age because iron is easier to find.

Really, chucking a bit more knowledge into video games will work wonders for education.
Ever played Super Solvers? Expand games like that to appeal to all ages, and that'll work wonders.

DeletedUser

However, I am intelligent. The liberals here would disagree, but I do not mean so much "correct" in my political views as in just being politically aware. I am aware of what is coming.
You are confusing patent gullibility with intelligence. The claims you presented are straight out of the Lou Dobbs / Glenn Beck, fear based, prejudice-laced, conspiracy theory handbook. You are not researching the crap you so readily digest. Repeatedly you demonstrate ignorance and, when you have stepped up to make a grossly ignorant statement in this community (which is far too often), many here have stepped up to correct your misnomers with facts and evidence, only to have you rinse & repeat the same ignorant crap all over again next week.

There is knowledge, wisdom, and intelligence. You repeatedly demonstrated that you do not have the knowledge. You have repeatedly demonstrated you are sorely lacking in wisdom. I do not know your intelligence, for it is unfortunately masked by your great insecurity, which is, in itself, masked to hide that self-same insecurity.

As to normal kids --- normal kids don't try so hard to sound intelligent. Normal kids are not so easily duped into believing something, for the mere fact they are not so desperate to find some measure of security, however shallow. Normal kids recognize that intelligence is not a measure of how smart you sound, but of cognitive ability. I.e., the ability to think, "gee, I don't know enough about this to pose a solid opinion." Your low self-esteem is undermining your cognitive ability. You are not in charge of your own thoughts and actions, you are not at peace with yourself. In the same manner a drug-addict is controlled by his need for a fix, you are controlled by your need for social gratuities. But, unfortunately, such a thirst will never be quenched until you accept where the problem resides.

Thomas, you are young. Stop trying to assume that, by your age, with your limited education, you can become so knowledgeable about the world around you. Such is not reasonable, under any means. In the same manner one would not want a pizza delivery boy to perform open heart surgery, we do not want a young teenager dictating to us the nature of national or international socio-economics, political underpinnings associated with our diverse ethnic macrocosm, or historical events as they pertain to our present-day schema.

If you want to address each of the parts you presented in your rant above, let's create a separate thread, for each, in the Debates & Discussion section. But please, let's try to avoid jumping on the podium and posing simple sound bytes to quantify the irreducible complexity of this world. It's dishonest and serves merely to demonstrate an inherent weakness in your character.

DeletedUser

An African American has MORE rights than a Caucasian; millions of Hispanics flood our borders and take our jobs.

Can you specify cases where there is a favouritism towards African Americans?

While I'm not familiar with the specifics about immigration in your country, I'm fairly familiar with that argument as such. And I've yet to see any case where this was actually true.
Do you speak of legal immigrants who qualify for jobs you don't?
Or do you speak of illegal immigrants who get jobs (if at all) as janitors, harvest hands, nannys and cleaners?
You know, you should really be glad about the education you are offered and use it, so you don't have to make a living with occupations like these. Also you might eventually learn to tell the difference between reality and radical right-wing propaganda.

There will be a total economic capitulation; we will become the Weimer Republic.

uh...what?! How's that related?

DeletedUser

You are confusing patent gullibility with intelligence. The claims you presented are straight out of the Lou Dobbs / Glenn Beck, fear based, prejudice-laced, conspiracy theory handbook. You are not researching the crap you so readily digest. Repeatedly you demonstrate ignorance and, when you have stepped up to make a grossly ignorant statement in this community (which is far too often), many here have stepped up to correct your misnomers with facts and evidence, only to have you rinse & repeat the same ignorant crap all over again next week.

There is knowledge, wisdom, and intelligence. You repeatedly demonstrated that you do not have the knowledge. You have repeatedly demonstrated you are sorely lacking in wisdom. I do not know your intelligence, for it is unfortunately masked by your great insecurity, which is, in itself, masked to hide that self-same insecurity.

As to normal kids --- normal kids don't try so hard to sound intelligent. Normal kids are not so easily duped into believing something, for the mere fact they are not so desperate to find some measure of security, however shallow. Normal kids recognize that intelligence is not a measure of how smart you sound, but of cognitive ability. I.e., the ability to think, "gee, I don't know enough about this to pose a solid opinion." Your low self-esteem is undermining your cognitive ability. You are not in charge of your own thoughts and actions, you are not at peace with yourself. In the same manner a drug-addict is controlled by his need for a fix, you are controlled by your need for social gratuities. But, unfortunately, such a thirst will never be quenched until you accept where the problem resides.

Thomas, you are young. Stop trying to assume that, by your age, with your limited education, you can become so knowledgeable about the world around you. Such is not reasonable, under any means. In the same manner one would not want a pizza delivery boy to perform open heart surgery, we do not want a young teenager dictating to us the nature of national or international socio-economics, political underpinnings associated with our diverse ethnic macrocosm, or historical events as they pertain to our present-day schema.

If you want to address each of the parts you presented in your rant above, let's create a separate thread, for each, in the Debates & Discussion section. But please, let's try to avoid jumping on the podium and posing simple sound bytes to quantify the irreducible complexity of this world. It's dishonest and serves merely to demonstrate an inherent weakness in your character.

I have to wonder, are you anti-seccesion? Anti-confederate, or an equivlent?

Hey Thomas, I know what you mean man. Here's a tip, don't tell people your age.

DeletedUser

Occasionally my geography teacher has to point out where the USA is on a map. They do not differentiate between the Declaration of Independence and Constitution, nor do (some of them) grasp the concept of the American Revolution.

He, now I'm thinking of the time I explained that WWII was the war we dropped a nuke... They don't even require geography here in Maryland in the first place, so there's why people cant pick out any country.

But really, thats all you have right in your whole, useless story of a revolution that will never occur.

DeletedUser

Oy, I only read this bit.

Do you know, I think kids just need to play more video games.
Let me tell you, I've learned a lot from Civilization IV and its Civilopedia.
For example, did you know that bronze is actually harder than iron?
The Iron Age only succeeded the Bronze Age because iron is easier to find.

Really, chucking a bit more knowledge into video games will work wonders for education.
Ever played Super Solvers? Expand games like that to appeal to all ages, and that'll work wonders.

I support!
Thomas, get off your ass and go play Grand Theft Auto 4 before your brain turns into an even more glennimished puddle...

DeletedUser

I honestly think that my inclusion in this thread will only lead to bad things.
However, I will say this:
Thomas, you and I were not that much different when i was at your age (assuming I am right abou my assumption.) We both felt we knew how the world works and what the problems were and how everything would turn out. Of course, we both just copied whoever we thought was correct. For me it was my pop, for you FOX news, i assume.

The thing is, we don't know enough to really make a statement such as yours. While this sounds alot like hellstromm, you need to accept that.

From now on, consider my opinion to be hellstromm's.

DeletedUser

Actually Peril, him having indicated his age is why I'm being so nice and not ripping his baseless, racist arguments into itty bitty shreds. It is due to his age that I give him the benefit of the doubt and am able to recognize what is going on here.

DeletedUser

Actually Peril, him having indicated his age is why I'm being so nice and not ripping his baseless, racist arguments into itty bitty shreds. It is due to his age that I give him the benefit of the doubt and am able to recognize what is going on here.

At the same time, Hellstromm, you have to admit that in many places older people act childish in attacking younger people who have ideas and opinions. He has an opinion, you have an opinion as do I, evvery human bein ghas a right to one, any of our ages may not enter into the debate, because it is completely unrelated to the topic being discussed. However many people seem to think differently.

DeletedUser

I support the Union side of the American Civil War. The Confederacy was a corrupt institution (which, as we all know, was built off slavery); they most certainly did have the constitutional right to secede, but they had no moral right to exist.
Of course, most of my peers think "I hate Yankees, so I wish the South won." (of course they don't even know the word "Confederacy")
Abraham Lincoln is probably my greatest hero.

I'm pro-secession, if the states that secede are hoping to go back to the original Constitution (with equal rights, of course).

To Celxius:
Well, the entire education system is "broken", but I'd say you are spot on.
I have a classmate, who is, more or less, my best friend. He's hated by just about everybody, and is the second biggest outcast.
Often, people seem to just assume that he is dumb, but he knows the MOST about Medieval history (second to me), thanks to video games. He can tell you about the Crusades and Charlemagne, etc. because he hears about it in Age of Empires II and then questions me about these events.

Similarly, I didn't learn much about the colonization of the Americas, but Age of Empires III revived my interest in the time period and I studied it to where I know more about the historical period than my teachers.

As you can guess, I like the AoE series. :razz:

DeletedUser

I support the Union side of the American Civil War. The Confederacy was a corrupt institution (which, as we all know, was built off slavery); they most certainly did have the constitutional right to secede, but they had no moral right to exist.
Of course, most of my peers think "I hate Yankees, so I wish the South won." (of course they don't even know the word "Confederacy")
Abraham Lincoln is probably my greatest hero.

I'm pro-secession, if the states that secede are hoping to go back to the original Constitution (with equal rights, of course).

I would like to have a debate with you on that, Frank.

You and I both know, the war was not about slavery, or at least it was not the main reason. It took a far backseat to the reason that Lincoln wanted the country to survive as a whole. Another small fact, The Yankee General Sherman observed a "Scortched Earth" policy on his march through Georgia. Sound familiar to a certain king that Americans fought a few years previous?

To start with, let's look at the basic reasons we decided to be our own nation.

1. Taxation without representation.
  2. The right to bare arms
  3. No power thousands of miles away will tell us what to do and how to live our lives right here.
When the war between the states started, all three of these things were coming into effect.

The southern states did not have enough of a voice in Washington to change the taxes being exerted upon them. Therefore, Taxation without Representation was in effect. Starting to sound familiar?

In the north, many states were begining to make it illegal to carry firearms on your person, excluding Police Officers. The way the southerners saw it, the Union had no regard for the Bill Of Rights. I know this sounds familiar to you now.

When you look at it, Frank, you have to admit that The War had huge similarities with the one that won this country our freedom. While the south just wanted to live on their own, like the fledgling United States an unjust power many many miles away decided, like the British, that they would not. Only this time, freedom was not as lucky as before.

DeletedUser

Peril, I know A LOT about the American Civil War, including the fact that it was primarily a war of economics and unison. That doesn't change the fact that the CSA didn't need to exist.

Secondly, do you perhaps mean total war? Scorched Earth is where an enemy retreats, destroying everything they own. Total War (what Sherman used) is where you destroy everything your enemy has, or take it for yourself.

No. In ten states, Lincoln didn't even get a vote during the 1961 presidential election. Still, this was not because of decrees, it was because of population. The South was technically equal to the North in terms of representation. It was just a problem with the fact that they weren't making enough babies. They probably should have switched their man crop to tequila plants; then they might have been equal in population. :D

#2. I don't agree with gun control. Even so, if Northern states did that, it made no difference for the Southern states. The fact that Federal law was being ignored was not good, but the South could have looked by and kept their weaponry.

#3. I do agree with States Rights.

So, in conclusion, if the South was free states like the North I would have supported them.
Likewise, I would have supported a slave rebellion in pre-Civil War USA, if it ended the slavery.

DeletedUser

I think Scortched Earth would be the right term for Sherman, during his March to the sea. As Total War means:

Main Entry:
total warPart of Speech: nDefinition: a war in which every available weapon is used and the nation's full financial resources are devoted

Not true at all, Frank. The fact is, the south could not change anything in their states. That's one of the reasons why we became America, and not England-West.

The school system tends to overlook the facts, the same plight the Americans faced when fighting the British. Instead, the school system focuses more on "The south was bad because they owned slaves"

Jefferson Davis, our president, was vehmently opposed to slavery. Slavery would have ended sooner if Abraham Lincoln hadn't decided to sack the Confederate States of America. Instead, Abraham Lincoln suddenly freed all the thousands of slaves, only to enslave them in a different way. "You don't have any skills, so you will work from me and you will buy things from my store with the money you earn." Problem being, the prices were too high and the slaves were once again enslaved by debt. Otherwise known as the Company Store, youtube the song, that pretty much sums up exactly what happened after the Emancipation Proclamation.

DeletedUser

I've read "total war" as being the absolute obliteration of an enemy's resources AS WELL. I'll find a link to some proof (or a dictionary that agrees with me).

DeletedUser

I learned that total war was a war where a country devotes all of its resources to the war, as stated above. Have fun finding a dictionary that agrees with wrong statements...

DeletedUser

Low-self esteem? I honestly have no idea how any university would give you a degree in psychology.
If anything, I have an inordinately high self-esteem. I've pondered on the subject of my own mind. In some areas I have little self-confidence, but not in this area in particular.
Knowledge, wisdom, intelligence.

Knowledge
- facts, information, and skills acquired by a person through experience or education; the theoretical or practical understanding of a subject

I most certainly have knowledge. I read at a college level. I know a MASSIVE amount of history in comparison to any classmate of mine. Here's a sample (I'm just posting stuff off the top of my head, for this):
The Pelopenessian War (I know, I misspelled the name of the peninsula) was fought between Athens and Sparta. Athen's rise after the defeat of Persia in the Greco-Persian War lead to the formation of the Delian League, which had similarities to the Soviet client state system.
Sparta, claiming that they were freeing city-states from Athenian tyranny, led the attack against them. The Spartan Army surrounded Athens. Pericles convinced Athen's population to wait inside, rather than dare go out and be slaughtered by a vastly superior army.
In the end, Athens made the mistake of trying to conquer silver-rich territory and, while weak, was razed by Sparta.

All of that: facts I learned from self-education.

Wisdom
- the quality of having experience, knowledge, and good judgement; the quality of being wise

Experience? No.
Knowledge? Yes.
Good Judgement? Sometimes.

Intelligence
- the ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills

Most of my archived knowledge is on the subject of history, science, economics, or politics, none of which are very relevant in my present life. I know things like knots and such that I can apply, but everybody has a few skills.

It depends on what you count as "applying". My mother (a teacher, Associate's Degree, working towards her DOCTORATE) once brought up this story.
My nephew (he's slightly older than me) could name every state capital, every U.S. president, important dates in history, etc.
I could do some of those things, but not all.
However, if asked to actually explain what that meant, he couldn't tell you. He could memorize: he couldn't understand.
I, by contrast, if asked (and I was about five at the time) how to reach one state from another (by land), I could go the quickest route possible, listing the states perfectly. I could tell you what the significance of George Washington and James Monroe WAS.

So none of your convoluted argument holds up. Though I'm sure your place of work pays you good money to (attempt) to educate people.

DeletedUser14029

I have to say, the point about Christianity and other religions being stomped out, is nonsense. CHRISTIANITY VALUE IS STOMPED RIGHT OUT ALREADY. Simply look at the divorce rate, at the casual attitude Americans or pretty much the Westerners towards sex, (15-year old mums, plentiful), like in a movie the female protagonist can be shown sleeping with two-plus male characters. and I don't see how bombing civilians in the Middle-East can fit Christianity values at any rate, Right-Wing propaganda is simply nonsense. Heard of Bush claiming how 'It was God who told me to start a war on Iraq to significantly reduce population of the Earth, to induce evolution of mankind by firing depleted Uranium shells and poison the infants and pregnant women nearby, and to lie to the whole world that Weapon of Mass Education really exists in Iraq before American troops conquered the Iraq and Afghanistan to install a new oil pipeline from inland to shore to make oil-transportation more efficient' Of course, this isn't what he said, but that's what really what he SHOULD have said. Not how 'God told him to remove the "EVIL" regime of Iraq, how to display Christianity value through bombing the terrorist and proclaiming conquest of the Middle-East by the every-strong American Army', no thanks.
so please, leave religion views out of this. Your post disgusts me.

DeletedUser

Thomas, my questions still stand. What about the rights of African Americans? What jobs do "millions of Hispanics" take?
And most of all, how does the total economic capitulation lead to (or even relate to) the Weimar Republic?

Since you consider yourself educated, wise and intelligent, you don't have troubles answering these, do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.