I don't use social media, so screw me?

what about this view:

You can set up a non-associated-with-your-real-life email and facebook account and get the reward. (as i did)

Second, don't complain about something that you freely choose to do and then complain about not being rewarded for your free-will choice. In life, there are many 'extras' people get for doing X. You choose not to do X, and therefore you don't get 'extra'. Many companies give you X% off for signing up to a mailing list or joining their website. Do you also want X% off for doing nothing?

Oddersfield

what about this view:

You can set up a non-associated-with-your-real-life email and facebook account and get the reward. (as i did)

Second, don't complain about something that you freely choose to do and then complain about not being rewarded for your free-will choice. In life, there are many 'extras' people get for doing X. You choose not to do X, and therefore you don't get 'extra'. Many companies give you X% off for signing up to a mailing list or joining their website. Do you also want X% off for doing nothing?

Yes !!!!!!!

But will that happen? NO.

in the game, click the options gear under the mini map
select Settings
3rd tab is bonus codes

It can be used only once, so choose your world carefully.

Pankreas PorFavor

I may sound like a FB noob (because I am), but I tried this once, 1 or 2 years ago. FB asked me to provide a photo of my ID to prove my identity. what's all that about, does it still work like that?

on the other hand - I have no problem if they organize events on FB, in their Hamburg office, or on the International Space Station. they can give premium chests, thousands of rye/wheat ears, buffs or whatever. but I do think that it's unfair to give items through FB that can't be obtained in any other way, and I believe Farmer's ox is an item that is exclusively available this way. no matter how active you are in game, how well you play, how much nuggets you can spend - it has nothing to do with the game and how you play it. this item is out of reach if you're not on FB. I don't like this...

Tucker Blue

what about this view:

Facebook has nothing to do with The West. You're missing the point completely. It's not about getting nothing for making a free choice. it's about being forced to make a choice to join an intrusive, foreign website if I want the same access to the free stuff. Facebook is poison. The algorithms are poison. I don't want to see that garbage on my screen at all. If anything it should be a FORUM thing not a facebook thing. At least it would be game related and is linked to your account and doesn't force ads and bull**** on users.

Facebook has nothing to do with The West. You're missing the point completely. It's not about getting nothing for making a free choice. it's about being forced to make a choice to join an intrusive, foreign website if I want the same access to the free stuff. Facebook is poison. The algorithms are poison. I don't want to see that garbage on my screen at all. If anything it should be a FORUM thing not a facebook thing. At least it would be game related and is linked to your account and doesn't force ads and bull**** on users.

The world is full of these choices. You have free choice to participate. Choose your adventure: click a button, get extra stuff. Don't click a button, don't get extra stuff.

For example: when DropBox started, they gave away extra gb for liking a tweet (Twitter). I did that, still have the extra gb.
Does DropBox have anything to do with Twitter? No, it's part of free marketing and a barter system. They trade extra stuff for your click. Get over it.

but I do think that it's unfair to give items through FB that can't be obtained in any other way, and I believe Farmer's ox is an item that is exclusively available this way. no matter how active you are in game, how well you play, how much nuggets you can spend - it has nothing to do with the game and how you play it. this item is out of reach if you're not on FB. I don't like this...

And I totally agree with that statement. An item should be achievable in the game, extras can be wherever else.

Last edited:

SB.access

If they gonna have some item prize in some social media, then they should not put the other parts of it in the game quest.
just like this Farmer's Old Plough, it's gonna be an eternal cancer in your inventory for being uncompleted new set, well at least for few months.
If it goes like this, it's better if they put all the set as a prize in that social media contest, so, in this case non-facebook user can just forget about the new set completely.
Somehow I kinda foresee that there would also be similar things by the-west youtube in the future. :'P

Protasov

I'll never create a Facebook account (nor Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, etc.).

If that means I don't get bonus ears in The West, I am fine with that.