I could have sworn...we used to FF

• Thread starter DeletedUser35712
  • Start date

DeletedUser35712

No matter where your allegiance stands - if at all. The current state of fort fighting on Briscoe must lead to at least some concern.

Revolution proved itself as the better side. They got their players out in a well skilled and equipped fashion. The opposition could be accused of hubris.

But is that it now ? Does anyone from either side care? Are Rough Riders expected to surrender in some way?

DeletedUser35120

Tis the season of fort-fighting crashing in all worlds or what? w11, colo, eldo and now briscoe? :eek:

DeletedUser36026

Did you forget Dakota? It has been in a sad state for a while now...hopefully Briscoe will come around.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35120

Dakota is still living on the edge, better than the other worlds atm I suppose. And it crashed a long time back. We are at the recovery state.

DeletedUser22685

It's the same story everywhere. Sure it's more pronounced in the worlds that were never spectacular to begin with (ie. Briscoe, Dakota, El Dorado), but it's definitely noticeable in Colorado and Arizona now which is a very bad sign. Even World 11 which has been the most reliable fort fighting haven for years is struggling. I won't comment on World 12. It's been a wasteland for a long while now and we all know why.

It's just the state of the game at the moment. It's not because of bad updates or customer dissatisfaction or anything along those lines, it's due to the simple fact that this game receives absolutely zero advertising exposure. It's tough for games like this one to have a good player retention rate; it's the influx of new blood that decides how active a game is. I can't see it improving any time soon unless ad campaigns are restarted.

DeletedUser35712

Amazing input thank you. I hoped for considered and pan game opinions.

DeletedUser26820

To expand on futu's "It's just the state of the game at the moment," of which I completely agree:

When were FF's "good" and full and lively?

When we had a lot less in game distractions. I don't mean "distractions" in a negative term, but when we weren't building or resource gathering for the Traveling Fair or resource gathering to craft or had fewer quests and didn't have Adventures, etc., there was a lot more and better action at fort fights.

Also, I'm not saying that any of these dynamics of the game are not good or are bad, but I do think they've negatively impacted fort fights.

It's interesting to hear the situations on the other worlds.
Here I thought Briscoe was the only one with this issue...

1Big Chief

It's the same story everywhere ....
it's the influx of new blood that decides how active a game is. I can't see it improving any time soon unless ad campaigns are restarted.
Maybe you are right... but new blood are normally the 1st to be told to wait ?
They are the one's not big enough or don't posses the required HP (rule #1)
But I do agree... more advertising is needed.. and I was busy with a West Animation Video.. and media PC :mad: out :(
Hopefully get PC fixed.. and I will try again.. should I still enjoy the game then lol

When we had a lot less in game distractions.
One thing we must also remember is that The West is not only about Fort Fights
In my 1st 3 years.. fort fights was all I lived for too.. wondered what duelers were moaning about
Now I am a dueler.. and I see the need for campaigning to make dueling fun .. like this
And I mean fun by making it more challenging ... Duelers vs Duelers .. NOT .. Duelers vs Non-Duelers

Then there are other ingame "distractions" like Adventures.. I started enjoying it.. but faded out
I think what kills it is the intolerance by "pros" who jump on newbs to Adventures
And if Inno decide to allow us to pick our "partners".. that will also be a downer .. Strong vs Weak

Inno has a horrible challenge.. and keeping EVERYONE Happy is it ... even impossible in Real Life

Maybe they should re-think Fort Fight rules .. only certain players can take part in small Fort Fights
This way... all new players... by influx or not.. can get good battle time

1. Small Forts ... Levels 1 - 60 (non Higher than 60 & get chance to use level 50 gear too - Natty/Munnies)
This should allow increased participation & training for the new players.. and don't get whipped too quickly :D

2. Medium Forts ... Levels 20 - 150 (non under level 20)
This could be for all.. but think its better for them to level up quicker to 20 .. good for the game

3. Large Forts ... Levels 50 - 150 (non under level 50)
Same point here as above .. all or push them to level to 50 faster.. increasing activity

Just some thoughts

Al35ul

I hate to revive old threads ( I don't really) but this really needs addressing to. Briscoe used to be one of the best fort fighting worlds years ago and now the best each alliance can do is fill a small fort :( . Not too long ago we discussed this within our alliance and one of the members described the situation in the best way I've seen :

"Will all my respects for your actions but you are trying CPR on a dead body
It is not your fault it`s they way Inno thinks that this game should be.
Nuggets,Tombola,guys that are yammers about being dueled etc
With 900 accounts left in this world,at least half of them being inactive and 20% multi accounts what do you expect?
Good old days when you need a certain amount of HP just to get in a battle are gone.
There is no fresh blood in this in game anymore and even if some new guy is joining they will soon quit seeing that it all just about Nuggets."

900 toons left on the world and probably about half being active,keep this up and the world will only get worse (can it get any worse :p ). I'm sure there are other worlds with similar situations,so any chance we could see some kind of migration or merging with another world?

asdf124

900 toons left on the world and probably about half being active,keep this up and the world will only get worse (can it get any worse :p ). I'm sure there are other worlds with similar situations,so any chance we could see some kind of migration or merging with another world?

Where would you go? Galveston, Fairbank or Arizona?

Galveston is latest but the most dead out of the three I believe.

Al35ul

The worlds to which people can migrate would be one of the last problems. I don't see anything wrong with allowing migration to the worlds you mentioned.

DeletedUser36358

I hate to revive old threads ( I don't really) but this really needs addressing to. Briscoe used to be one of the best fort fighting worlds years ago and now the best each alliance can do is fill a small fort :( . Not too long ago we discussed this within our alliance and one of the members described the situation in the best way I've seen :

"Will all my respects for your actions but you are trying CPR on a dead body
It is not your fault it`s they way Inno thinks that this game should be.
Nuggets,Tombola,guys that are yammers about being dueled etc
With 900 accounts left in this world,at least half of them being inactive and 20% multi accounts what do you expect?
Good old days when you need a certain amount of HP just to get in a battle are gone.
There is no fresh blood in this in game anymore and even if some new guy is joining they will soon quit seeing that it all just about Nuggets."

Still with the lvl 3 chefs gun we would need something like a flake vest for the tanks to bring back ffing .. which might help to revive this world, gut even then we need some fresh blood ... as you say Half or inactive (even if they do check in a few times a week .... still inactive. Kemo

bosurker

I'm sure dropping the amount of "active" servers would drop Inno's profit since players would only have to buy premium sets on a few worlds, but hey they'd save money on running the servers. Would certainly be a bit nicer for us few who still remain to play together with players from most worlds.

Al35ul

I'm sure dropping the amount of "active" servers would drop Inno's profit since players would only have to buy premium sets on a few worlds, but hey they'd save money on running the servers. Would certainly be a bit nicer for us few who still remain to play together with players from most worlds.

Maybe,but with new worlds opening every year (or so), I doubt this would be a problem. There was an idea mentioned a while ago ,not sure whose was it, but merging two worlds together would actually be very helpful. Alright,lets l say that this requires a lot of money,time etc. just open some migration routes; it's very unlikely that well see any new blood (in large numbers) join the game,so as you said,just allow us , the players who are still here,to play together.

bosurker

Maybe,but with new worlds opening every year (or so), I doubt this would be a problem. There was an idea mentioned a while ago ,not sure whose was it, but merging two worlds together would actually be very helpful. Alright,lets l say that this requires a lot of money,time etc. just open some migration routes; it's very unlikely that well see any new blood (in large numbers) join the game,so as you said,just allow us , the players who are still here,to play together.

Just want to clarify, I totally agree with dropping the number of servers. Just don't see Inno doing it because it goes against their business model. Say player X plays on 4 Worlds, and winds up condensing down to 2 Worlds. Now when "Events" - aka nugget gear - comes out, they only need to spend money on 2 Worlds instead of 4.

I'd love less worlds that were more active, just doubt they'd even consider it. Not to mention if people's characters are deleted, should they be reimbursed for gear/cash/upgrades that are getting deleted? Just something to keep in mind.

Al35ul

What you're saying is true but worlds will definitely be closed, we've seen it with W11,12,1 and all the others before, so sooner or later, we'll see the olden worlds closed (which is a shame, they were all my first homes) ;I just hope it will be sooner so we don't lose even more players. :(

We haven't seen any reimbursements so I doubt they'll ever be given however, 1. players can find someone to keep their gear on world X while they migrate from world Y and 2. Everyone migrating will be losing something,I myself hate that but it is what it is,but we'll have to sacrifice something to increase activity before the whole game goes down to hell :p

DeletedUser33353

I am sure world Idaho(who came up with that non western name I wonder?) will solve alot of issues. Smfh.