I can't find any cotton!

DeletedUser

Ok so I just started playing and I'm doing the cotton quest where you have to take cotton to the saloon. However, I can't seem to get any no matter how long I work! All of the cotton farms have 0% on the luck of finding something and also have a lot of people picking cotton on them. Could this be why? If so, what can I do about this?!
Please help!
Thank you!

It's not 0% luck of finding cotton :nowink: it's 0% luck of finding another bonus item, the ratio for picking cotton is 75% luck to find 1 unit of cotton. Come back picking cotton when your cowboy will have 100% motivation doing this job and work for 2 hours you surely will have at least 1 unit of cotton :).

DeletedUser

She has 99% motivation and has picked cotton for at least 40 minutes and nothing! Haha. Will the 1% make a big difference?
Thank you for your help!

DeletedUser

Actually, luck isn't the chances of finding an item either, it's the quality of the item that can be found. If you're picking cotton for 10 minutes at a time, divide all the numbers shown by three, i.e. do at least 30 minute jobs. 10 minutes means a 50/3 = 16.67% chance of finding cotton. 2 hours gives 4 50% chances to find cotton, meaning you can get up to 4.

DeletedUser

Ah I see! I think I understand now :D Thank you so much guys! I was worried I wouldn't be able to move forward with the game for ages and I'm addicted to it already! Haha.
It's really good :D

DeletedUser

Just wait until you have to find a flag. One of my guys is level 25 and having done 2 hours of fort guarding every day still hasn't got one.

DeletedUser

That sounds annoying! Hahaha. When do you get to join towns and stuff? I'm really excited about playing this :D

DeletedUser

abou game yeah its realy fun i was playing games 2 months and i wasnt playin but im playing this game for 6 months if you need town El Dorado City can good for you