Hunting Grizzlys. What level did you unlock it?

DeletedUser13020

pure trapper plus the items you have except replace the poncho with a green jacket and you can hunt bears by level 21...like i did. if you get a black jacket instead of the green one, you can do it by 20.

DeletedUser

Earliest level I got it was lvl 21, using same gear as -TP- suggested.

DeletedUser

done it at level 21 in world 6.
similar clothing but had a gray cotton jacket
Now on level 42 just 5 points away from serving in the army :D

DeletedUser14280

This isn't relevant to grizzly bears, but I managed to get breaking in horses at...I dunno what level, but I think it was the early 10's.

DeletedUser

It's easy enough to do the math to find the lowest level possible. I guarantee it's been done at the lowest possible level.

DeletedUser13020

It's easy enough to do the math to find the lowest level possible. I guarantee it's been done at the lowest possible level.

this caught my interest. so i did some work to see what the absolute lowest possible level for that job would be and if my math is correct, it would be 19. gray slouch hat and gray work shoes, with the golden necklace and a mustang combo along with a black shirt. since you cant wear any of the cotton jackets before lvl 20. But you must have also completed the first three quests of the introduction series, the first of the cattle herd, and up to "the last ingredient" on fire heart for a total of 8 skill points. which you can then switch over to setting traps after you complete the lvl 14 grandfathers quest. Now all of that would put a level 19 pure trapper at a totally lame 279 points towards hunting bears, a job that requires 280. to get those last few points that you need, you would have to be a dueler or a soldier. Complete the quests "Sweet work" and "Wisdom" respectively. which is easily done, and get the 1 skill point in shooting as a reward (+2 skill points for soldier) and switch it over to setting traps. that would would be 279 + 2 = a cool 281 as a dueler. and 283 as a soldier.

A level 19 pure trapping dueler or soldier with a gray slouch hat, gray work shoes, golden indian necklace, mustang, and a black shirt that has switched over every possible skill point over to setting traps, is the lowest leveled player that can hunt bears.

DeletedUser

A level 19 pure trapping dueler or soldier with a gray slouch hat, gray work shoes, golden indian necklace, mustang, and a black shirt that has switched over every possible skill point over to setting traps, is the lowest leveled player that can hunt bears.

Alright, maybe I'm wrong, lol. It's possible the lowest anyone has started hunting grizzlies is a level 20 adventurer. ;)

DeletedUser

I got it a level 23; had the brown slouch hat instead of the better gray one.

However, money shouldn't be a problem because by that time you should be stealing horses.

DeletedUser

Interesting replys i am getting. Nice reserch -TP-. Since i am going to be respeccing in my future i rotate between stealing horses, Hunting grizzlys, and Hunting wolves so i get 2x the experience(hunting grizzlys= 78% experience) and hunting wolves=63% experience. 64% cash from stealing horses. So it all works out. I just started putting SP into leadership, It's going to be a while until i get Constructing a manor house. I am liking this build so far. I will probably Like it better when i level up more.

DeletedUser

flannel shirt - level 19
+30
gray shoes - level 9
+27
gray slouch hat - level 7
+24
golden indian necklace - level 1
+18
mustang - level 1
+10
_______
+109

281-109=172

lvl19=19AP=57
lvl19=54SP=108

172-165=7

quests=8SP+2SP(soldier or dueler)=10SP=20

7-20=-13

At level 19, you can have 13 LP in hunting grizzlies.
It is not possible before level 19 because you cannot wear the flannel shirt.

If I made an error somewhere, please tell me so I can fix it instead of people getting mad at me.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13020

I chose the black shirt over the flannel shirt because its cheaper. More affordable to a lvl 19 player. But that alone throws my "only dueler/soldier can hunt grizzlies at 19" statement out the window, since any lvl 19 pure trapper can do the job with the right gear, without the need of class specific sp rewards, oh man im dumb.

lvl19=19AP=57
lvl19=54SP=108

and that there shows a little mistake that I made. I counted 57 SP at lvl 19, rather than the correct number of 54. Since you don't get 3 SP at lvl 1 for free. So the flannel shirt is a complete must for hunting bears at 19, can't do it without it. Nice work pi-man. Though im not sure where you got the 2sp for workers. West stats doesn't show any rewards for builders that give +2sp as a reward, at least before lvl 20.

DeletedUser

Though im not sure where you got the 2sp for workers. West stats doesn't show any rewards for builders that give +2sp as a reward, at least before lvl 20.

Oh that was a mistake

I went through the character quests and saw that dueler and soldiers had +2 SP, but then I came across worker, with +1 AP. For some reason I thought 1 AP was better than 2 SP, so I replaced "soldier or dueler" with "worker". Then when I realized the error in my ways, so I went to replace "worker" with "soldier or dueler", but I only got half way there :(

DeletedUser1144

Is there a special quest once you have completed all the hunt jobs ?

I remember someone mentioning it but ages ago....

DeletedUser

There is:
For this quest to appear you must have a Tooth Bracelet equipped, and you must have completed The hunt (Buffalo hunt).

quest.jpg