How to pay back what you've stolen

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Thanks Desi. I have been offered by some duelers to do that, because they are too lazy to join our town to donate, but I have not accepted, because I did not want another duel on my record, which also ups my level. Can we report people who offer this?

Also, another suggestion one made: to bank their money in our town, then we'd get the fee. But that would only work for low amounts, and I assume that would be legal.

as for KO'ing yourself, I've done it with npc duels (not quests, but under DUELS tab) accidentally. lol.

DeletedUser

LOL @ Linkala....It's the Wild West man...if you can't protect, you are probably gonna lose it. That includes your money.

DeletedUser

Asking a dueler friend is the best way to avenge an attack against a builder. For example, I am the protector of my town. If my builder friend or any other non-dueler gets attacked and KO'ed, that's when I come in and, just as Joker said, get the money back with interest.

DeletedUser

This is half a year old thread, Hiawatha. Speaking of something old, that reminds me on my childhood, and that was about 100 years ago... ;)

hiawatha.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Hiawatha

DeletedUser

I guess after your building is over,you can respec to dueling and give him a horror.That would really make him done!

HelenBack

Eli, the problem with that strategy is that you still have to use energy. In my case, after a fort fight where I'm KOed, I still have to sleep till I get 12 energy and then go commit a suicide on someone.
Using a quest NPC is the best solution since it doesn't require energy at all.
However some NPCs are crap for that, for example wild horses thief NPC you will kill without any equpment. Also some NPCs give a reward you shouldn't skip (charlatan shoes in Ghost Town for example unless you already have those).
I suggest to use Dalton final NPC with rediculous reward till you get to The Murder final NPC and then keep that one unsolved till you get to the level 75 NPC duel.

Sorry, but Quest NPC duels are the coward's way of not getting dueled. If you don't want to be dueled, leave town. You can't build or fort fight when you're out of town? Too bad! When you are in a town, you have to take the good with the bad. I have NEVER used a Quest NPC to KO myself... Nor would I ever. I have been KO'd before and used that time to do the quests or cash jobs to get better gear... etc. But to purposefully go out to get KO'd? Nah... Anyone that does is just a plain yellow-bellied, lily-livered coward.
;)

DeletedUser

Anyone that does is just a plain yellow-bellied, lily-livered coward.
;)
Now I finally know what I am. Man, who would have thought I'm a coward just because I refuse to dance on Helen's music and play the game the way I want to.
I'd probably be a brave man if I played a duelist and killed builders all day long. Sure, Helen, sure. :)

DeletedUser

"The best way to avoid defeat is to avoid the battle". That can be done by getting KO'ed with a NPC, so that you won't get attacked by a guy with 20 levels over you (which is the real coward in this example)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

@HelenBack: If you need to step out of duelling gear to work at a job or are travelling for hours on a quest and don't want to be ko'd home then a self-ko makes a lot of sense, unless your time is so worthless that you can afford to waste any amount of it. To brand a person 'coward' for making a rational calculation regarding the use of an in-game feature strikes me as somewhat immature. Unless you're a bomb-disposal expert in Afghanistan, a firefighter or an astronaut you should probably avoid use of the word altogether.;)

HelenBack

@HelenBack: If you need to step out of duelling gear to work at a job or are travelling for hours on a quest and don't want to be ko'd home then a self-ko makes a lot of sense, unless your time is so worthless that you can afford to waste any amount of it.
So you get KO'd... Then you have the 48 hours to do whatever is needed. But at least you aren't hiding behind a constant self-KO (like a coward).

To brand a person 'coward' for making a rational calculation regarding the use of an in-game feature strikes me as somewhat immature.
Abusing the "in-game feature" in a way that it wasn't intended is cowardly. Do you honestly think they made the Quest NPC's so people could keep themselves KO'd 24/7 for the whole game? I would consider it a penalty for messing up the Quest duel...
;)

DeletedUser

So you get KO'd... Then you have the 48 hours to do whatever is needed. But at least you aren't hiding behind a constant self-KO (like a coward).

Abusing the "in-game feature" in a way that it wasn't intended is cowardly. Do you honestly think they made the Quest NPC's so people could keep themselves KO'd 24/7 for the whole game? I would consider it a penalty for messing up the Quest duel...
;)
As I unnerstand it, the 48-hour immunity on quest ko's was written out at the last release, so let's not resurrect an old debate.
I used it in the past when I had to respec to complete questlines and 'borrowed' duel AP/SPs for a while. I didn't want be bothered changing in and out of duel gear repetitively and making constant banking trips so it was just a more efficient way to use my time. I also didn't see the point of getting ko'd on full health and having to spend hours asleep when I wanted to play. I don't really care what take other people have on that since I only play for my own amusement - not to cut some sort of a dash for people I will never meet.
But since all that any of us are doing is sitting on our butts and twinking a mouse-button I hardly see how charges of 'courage' or 'cowardice' have any meaning at all - unless of course you think all this is REAL! :laugh:

DeletedUser

How to pay back.
The easiest way to is against the rules.
A prearranged market deal, Don't get any ideas and please don't be stupid enough to do it and get yourself banned.

HelenBack

As I unnerstand it, the 48-hour immunity on quest ko's was written out at the last release, so let's not resurrect an old debate.

If that's the case, then I guess certain people have found another way to remain KO'd 24/7... Where did you read that the immunity was gone? I looked at the version info and it wasn't listed there.

But since all that any of us are doing is sitting on our butts and twinking a mouse-button I hardly see how charges of 'courage' or 'cowardice' have any meaning at all - unless of course you think all this is REAL! :laugh:
Ever hear of "being in character"? Or "imagination"? Of course this isn't real... But if someone is constantly using Quest KOs to keep from being dueled, then their "character" is a coward. (Guess I needed to be specific...)
:rolleyes:

DeletedUser

If that's the case, then I guess certain people have found another way to remain KO'd 24/7... Where did you read that the immunity was gone? I looked at the version info and it wasn't listed there.
I think it was an undocumented feature of 1.30. I don't have any open questlines to verify with, but perhaps someone else could confirm one way or the other.
(added) And Helen, if you really want to role-play & use imagination, then why not be more imaginative yourself? If you called players "snivelling varmints" or "yellow-bellied skulkers" for instance, we would know where you were coming from. Or stick it under PnP.

DeletedUser

I think it was an undocumented feature of 1.30. I don't have any open questlines to verify with, but perhaps someone else could confirm one way or the other.
(added) And Helen, if you really want to role-play & use imagination, then why not be more imaginative yourself? If you called players "snivelling varmints" or "yellow-bellied skulkers" for instance, we would know where you were coming from. Or stick it under PnP.

yeah it was removed.

now people just duel with characters not built for dueling so they get KO'd, duel when they have low health so they get KO'd or ask people within their alliance or friendship circle to duel them so them get KO'd. obviously they use fort battles and NPC duels to reduce their health to make it all easier to get that vital KO.

all in the spirit of the game of course :(

DeletedUser

Stolen? If you duel and lose who cares? if you lose $1000+ ok that was bad....but one question...Why the :censored: did you keep that much money on hand if it is hard to get for you? :shootout:

Btw im Pure Builder...

Status
Not open for further replies.